Umpire Decision Referral

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's really funny that there is talk about who will fund the DRS with the broadcasters saying they will not foot the bill, when the fact is that the broadcasters regardless of DRS being in place or not have been showing hawk eye ball track and hot spot esp in Australia for quite some time. Who paid for that?

So if the law comes into place, broadcasters won't pay for it, if no one wants it, they show it at their expense!!

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
In second Test, Dhoni was done in because the local broadcaster showed wrong footage to the third umpire. ICC has expressed regrets too. If there is such like ganging aka goof up, what use the UDR even? After all itv too depends on computer and parameters can be wrong! Every UDR will depend on the hypothetical trajectory of the ball.

ICC and BCCI must taken expert opinions. If there is difference between then, it is one system vs the other. Which is better? It will take time to settle the issue. Meantoime another system might be developed.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To me it looks more like a case of mischief by someone. I cannot imagine that such a blunder could have happened. May be it was a revenge for Dhonis outburst at the press conference after the 1st test.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Indian players have said that the replay feed came in 40 seconds after the referral. usually it comes in less than 10 seconds..i Really think this is a case of mischief and deliberate attempt to influence decision. Who knows the ball tracker if it was implemented could also be influenced by the Hawk eye people in favor of the "whites" as the tech has also been developed by them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles