ULFA bases at Myanmar attacked

Country flag
ULFA bases at Myanmar attacked - Rediff.com India News

The Myanmar army has zeroed in on the base of anti-talks faction of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom and other insurgent groups from the northeast. The ULFA faction led by 'commander-in-chief' Paresh Barua claimed that its base in Myanmar was under attack from the Myanmar army since Tuesday.
The ULFA statement informed the Myanmar army targeted the joint base of several militant groups from the northeast with 'direct help from Indian government'. The attack was being successfully resisted so far. The outfit apprehended that the operation by Myanmar army, which is known for its guerrilla warfare skill, will be intensified in days to come.

CLICK LINK ABOVE TO CONTINUE

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Good news.

Some right steps taken by GoI.

Tronic

First chased out of Nepal, than Bangladesh, now being taken out in Burma. These guys are being hunted down like dogs. Job well done by GoI.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Security forces confirm Myanmar ops against NE militants

The hardliner faction of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) led by C-in-C Paresh Baruah has confirmed that their bases and camps in Myanmar have been attacked by the Burmese Army.

In an email statement issued by the outfit's publicity Chief Arunudoy Dahotiya, the ULFA hardliners stated that the Army of Myanmar has not only attacked the ULFA camps but in the deep jungles but also bases of other North Eastern rebel outfits. Appealing to the people of Assam to extend support to the outfit, the press release also claimed that the Burmese Army has been aided with heavy arms and ammunition by India and that the gun fights would get severe.

Mentionable that, as published in Times of Assam earlier on June 16, it is believed that Indian Intelligence is trying to use modern satellite technology in its quest to hunt down Paresh Baruah, who is heading the hardliner group of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA). Sources had informed Times of Assam that the Indian Intelligence with the use of Global Positioning System (GPS) has prepared a satellite map of Taka, a jungle area in the border of China-Myanmar where Paresh Baruah is presently believed to be hiding. The place is a convenient area for Baruah and his group as being close to China; on the hint of any danger can regularly alter their bases between Myanmar and China.

Few months ago, a 14-member Indian delegation led by Shambhu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East), Ministry of Home Affairs and representatives from Manipur Government and official from the Government of Myanmar held a meeting at Kalewa, about 50 kms from Moreh, Myanmar. It is claimed that during this meet, the Indian Government pressurized and discussed with the Government of Myanmar to take immediate action against the ULFA camps in their soil. The satellite maps come handy for the Myanmar Army, who has been shooting down ULFA cadres since the 1980s.

The current all around attack of the Myanmar Army on ULFA will leave Paresh Baruah with no other option then to flee towards China and once in China, Baruah will be trapped completely as his entry and exit to Myanmar will become impossible.

Security forces confirm Myanmar ops against NE militants - The Times of India

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Security forces confirm Myanmar ops against NE militants (TNN)

GUWAHATI: Security forces on Thursday confirmed the claim made by Ulfa's faction headed by commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah that the Myanmarese army has launched an offensive against Indian militants holed up in the neighbouring country.

"There are reports of Myanmar launching an offensive against Indian rebels at their unified camp in the Taga area of Kachin region, which is close to Indian territory. This place houses Ulfa's mobile military headquarters and also serves as the base of eight other outfits of Manipur, including the NSCN (K)," a key security official said.

He added, "We have intercepted Ulfa's radio messages from Myanmar meant for its men in Assam where they have described the situation as 'ghoror phale bhal abastha nohoi' (the situation here at home is not good)."

He said, "Ulfa has about 80 to 90 members in the unified camp. Top leaders of Baruah's group like Jibon Moran, Michael Deka Phukan, Bijoy Das and Sujeet Mohan are hiding there. However, we are not sure about Baruah's presence. Ulfa has three other camps in Myanmar - the Arakan base with about six cadres, the Naga base with about eight inmates and the 28th battalion headquarters with just three rebels."

The official added that the PLA, UNLF, PREPAK and KYKL also have their men at the unified camp.

Another source said the Myanmarese army would be successful in flushing out the Indian militants from its soil like Bhutan if it remained committed to the job. "In the past, we have seen Myanmar launching offensive against Indian militants - a pressure tactic to force the outfits cough up huge amount of money for shelter. The bases of militants in Myanmar are well marked by Myanmarese forces and can be easily cleansed."

Baruah, in an emailed statement on Thursday, said the Indian government has been pursuing all its neighbours to flush out Ulfa militants from their respective territories. "In 2003 it was Bhutan, which got Rs 1000 crore aid from India in reciprocation. Then came Bangladesh where India has pledged a loan of 1 billion US dollars. We have information that New Delhi has given an aid of Rs 2000 crore to Myanmar," said Baruah. He has pledged not to surrender and continue his fight for Assam's sovereignty.

Security forces confirm Myanmar ops against NE militants - The Times of India

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
100 crores for Paresh Baruah's head, alleges ULFA hardliners

In a startling claim made by the hardliner faction of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) led by C-in-C Paresh Baruah, the outfit has stated that the Government of India has paid substantial amounts of money to the neighboring countries to launch attack on the ULFA's bases.

In an email press release which included Paresh Baruah's recent photograph sent by the outfit's publicity Chief Arunudoy Dahotiya, the ULFA hardliners claimed that Indian Government has paid a special economic package worth as high as 20,000 crores to flush out the rebel camps of ULFA and other insurgent groups of North East in Burmese soil. In addition, the outfit claimed that Government of India has also made a promise Rs 100 crore more if Paresh Baruah can be killed within September of this year.

The outfit claimed that this is not the first time Indian Government has paid such huge amount to neighboring countries to destroy ULFA. The Indian Government had paid 1000 crore worth package to Bhutan in 2003 to flush out ULFA camps and had recently lended 1 billion dollar loan to Bangladesh as well for the same purpose, the outfit alleged. The press release also stated that a country like India whose one third of population lives below poverty line would in no other reason provide such huge financial assistance of a billion dollar to Bangladesh.

Dahotiya also questioned that if Indian Government considers ULFA to be weak, then why such huge amount of money is being wasted by the Indian Government. It went on to further claim that if Assam becomes Independent, Indian economy would be so shattered that the nation would need 100 years to recover.

Mentionable that the Myanmar Army has launched an all round attack on ULFA as well as other rebel bases situated at their country. This launch is expected to put pressure on Paresh Baruah to come to the negotiation table without the demand of sovereignty, for which he has been so far adamant with

100 crores for Paresh Baruah's head, alleges ULFA hardliners

sob

Mod
Country flag
Fantastic work by the Govt. We need to arm the Mynarmese with Ammunition and hard intelligence with our space based and other assets so that they can wipe out these terrorists.

debasree

Country flag
i want to see the paresh baruah dead.the evil scum is responsible for many terrorist activity in inda

sandeepdg

We need to arm the Mynarmese with Ammunition and hard intelligence with our space based and other assets so that they can wipe out these terrorists.
Nope, money alone is more than enough to tilt the scales in our favor. RAW should also bribe divisional Myanmar army commanders in that region to make sure they take out all these scumbacks.

Oracle

It's been going on since 2004, although sporadic. Sporadic in the sense that, Army starts hunting ULFA in Myanmar, they escape through the treacherous mountainous terrain to other neighboring countries. It's a very difficult job.

In 2004, I was on vacation to my native place. While returning back, I had to take a train to Guwahati for the connecting train to the place I lived and worked. On the train I met a guy, his looks were that of a Defence Professional. 9 PM, he opened his trunk (if you have noticed Defence guys, mostly carry luggage in big trunks, colored black, with the names etc written on it with white paint) and took out a bottle of RUM and a glass. He looked at me and asked me if I drink. I said yes, but declined his offer politely.

10 PM, I could not wait, and I opened my bottle. :D During the conversations thereafter, he told me he was from M.I. and also that operations against ULFA would be starting in a month in a neighboring country. He was right, I read it in the papers after a month. Unfortunately, I did not note down his address and have no connections with him now. Would have sent a note of thanks!

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
The prime fact that terror outfit in PAK are roaming free is it self an boost to other factions in other countries to act and talk against India's interest, RAW and GoI must actively device plans to eliminate PAK outfits which are directly and indirectly helping others too.

I some what feel RAW is not getting resources that it wanted or that it enjoyed during late 70's if we can provide them the resources both monitory and non-monitory they will best protect us.

Param

Nope, money alone is more than enough to tilt the scales in our favor. RAW should also bribe divisional Myanmar army commanders in that region to make sure they take out all these scumbacks.
What if China bribes the same guys with more money and tells them not to act? I wonder what the Chinese think about insurgents active in the NE getting increasingly cornered.

Oracle

For neighboring countries with whom we share good relations namely Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal and now Bangladesh - even though Indian Embassy attaches have a R&AW Station Master and assets both local and foreign, they are not much involved in India's internal security issues. It is taken care by M.I and IB, even though IB is for internal security.

R&AW manily focusses on Pakis & Chinese activities in the countries mentioned.

MI - Military Intelligence
IB - Intelligence Bureau!

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Military intelligence guys are the grunts.Raw i don't think it does this field operations

Oracle

Military intelligence guys are the grunts.
I don't think so. Not every intel of terrorist infiltration or hideout comes from other intelligence agencies. The capability of MI's cannot be ignored. Ray Sir can tell us more about this.

Raw i don't think it does this field operations
Field ops are an integral part of any external intelligence agency. Refer post # 14.

agentperry

RAWs ops are secret...whats the use of secret intel if they cant do anythng secretly... RAW never gets into any conspiracy... not because its inactive but because its more professional...
ppl slamming RAW claims mossad is much better...but truth is that in west diplomat call it a blunder org..as it can never do an covert op... the art of doin covert op is to do it covertly... once this covrt is overt... u lose.. remember murder of hamas leader by mossad... it bought israel a serious trouble...regarding fake passports and all... but instead many ppl said what a brilliant thng mossad did.. raw should do this too... hell... to bring intl pressure... if by chance RAWs role is made publicized then wont country's like pak and china blame India for interfering in other country's internal matter... wont they blame India for any mishap in their own country...
if u dont see a thing that doesnt mean they dont exist...

Oracle

RAWs ops are secret...whats the use of secret intel if they cant do anythng secretly... RAW never gets into any conspiracy... not because its inactive but because its more professional...
ppl slamming RAW claims mossad is much better...but truth is that in west diplomat call it a blunder org..as it can never do an covert op... the art of doin covert op is to do it covertly... once this covrt is overt... u lose.. remember murder of hamas leader by mossad... it bought israel a serious trouble...regarding fake passports and all... but instead many ppl said what a brilliant thng mossad did.. raw should do this too... hell... to bring intl pressure... if by chance RAWs role is made publicized then wont country's like pak and china blame India for interfering in other country's internal matter... wont they blame India for any mishap in their own country...
if u dont see a thing that doesnt mean they dont exist...
Mossad have dozens of success in their kitty. They are a feared most. One exposure does not down their credibility.

It's true that the art of covert ops is to keep it covert. R&AW has done this successfully for decades now.

P.S.: Your posts are good, however may I request you to drop the use of periods (...........) way too much and please do format your posts in a readable form with proper paras and minimizing sms lingos.

Last edited:

plugwater

@agentperry, By your logic Srilankan intelligence must be one helluva agency, noone has ever heard about them :p

Mossad wanted everyone to know they can go to any extent to assassinate terrorists leaders. So it used 30+ people to do that assassination. It shows how serious they are in terms of national security.

Oracle

@agentperry, By your logic Srilankan intelligence must be one helluva agency, noone has ever heard about them :p

Mossad wanted everyone to know they can go to any extent to assassinate terrorists leaders. So it used 30+ people to do that assassination. It shows how serious they are in terms of national security.
Interesting and a very good point.

Striking fear in the hearts of terrorists.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles