United Kingdom is a third rate power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Probably, but then cricket is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Now rugby ......
Apparently there are cheerleaders, spider cams and million dollar sports stars playing while paint dries on your wall. Welcome to IPL!

Scalieback

Professional
Apparently there are cheerleaders, spider cams and million dollar sports stars playing while paint dries on your wall. Welcome to IPL!
Really? Cheerleaders? That'd make it interesting. In fact, if they just had a cheerleader competition and had cricket on at intervals, that might make me watch it.

Nice bite on the Arrse thread. It's been resurrected more times than Jesus. My post at #362 on page 37 is my take on it anyway. Fill your boots, unless you quote me as Mad Indian and others did ;-)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I'd rather watch two flies climbing up a wall to see who won. Burn the witch! ;-)

Edited to add: Oh dear, I'm no longer a Sepoy but now a defence professional. Oh well ....
I would have loved the Brits to have left behind a bit of their style of humor oops humour along with the language.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Where? India? Btw, do Indians use American or Brit spelling?
Brit spellings in school colleges, exams, newspaper. But these days the auto spelling softwares on say an iPhone uses American spellings.

Scalieback

Professional
Brit spellings in school colleges, exams, newspaper. But these days the auto spelling softwares on say an iPhone uses American spellings.
Fair one, albeit you can change the iPhone under Settings, General, International if you were so minded. Then again, we have the Angles to thank for it (and some raping, pillaging etc) :)

Bushmills

Fair one, albeit you can change the iPhone under Settings, General, International if you were so minded. Then again, we have the Angles to thank for it (and some raping, pillaging etc) :)
It's split infinitives that seem to really upset me!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No option to chose British English. Just one. English and that means American :D

Bushmills

No option to chose British English. Just one. English and that means American :D
How many languages/ dialects do you blokes speak and write? Hindi, Urdu, English...............................................

Last edited:

Scalieback

Professional
Seems the thread on Arrse has now been removed:

Scalieback, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'd agree with most of the above re Arrse, albeit I find rational debate to be slightly above rare :)

Then again on here, Rayc starts a thread about Britain being a third rate power :)
No.

That is because you are a swallow who thinks he harbingers spring.

The title has been changed and it is not the original title of the thread!

One should not jump the gun without background knowledge!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How many languages/ dialects do you blokes speak and write? Hindi, Urdu, English...............................................
Whole lot, but then most are dissimilar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles