UK keeps eyes shut as ISI uses turf to hit India

mayfair

UK keeps eyes shut as ISI uses turf to hit India

Ashis Ray, TNN | Mar 7, 2011, 06.05am IST

LONDON: Britain has been turning a blind eye to Pakistan's ISI's activities including a virulent targeting of India for the fear of losing its counter-terrorism cooperation on British soil, a source said.

"Please, could I ask you to re-direct your enquiry to the home office,'' a British foreign office spokesperson said, while the home office did not respond to TOI's queries on ISI's activities in the UK.

ISI's operations in Britain are among the most comprehensive outside Pakistan and draw heavily from the support of a million strong Pakistani community in the UK. There are at least three ISI agents posted at London's Pakistani High Commission as diplomats with the British government's knowledge . There are likely to be more at consulates in Birmingham and other places.

A Whitehall source said MI5 and MI6 — the UK's internal and external intelligence gathering agencies — are even aware of Lashkar-e-Taiba activities in the country. The British government has designated the LeT as a terrorist organisation and banned it. Britain's counter-terrorism officials are aware that the LeT receives assistance and protection from the ISI. Yet, the British authorities continue to soft-pedal on the ISI.

A recent interview of a Pakistani-descent taxi driver, Mohammed Adris, to the Derby Evening Telegraph was a typical example of ISI's tactics. Adris poured out his heart out about the alleged ill-treatment of Kashmiris. He said this was not first hand knowledge, but gathered from Pakistani newspapers and friends. "The Indian army has ruined people's lives in Kashmir. They kill young people,'' Adris told the newspaper. "It's not a Muslim country. There is no freedom for M u s l i m s there. My friends' families don't know whether, when they go to the mosque to pray, they will be killed because the army thinks they are terrorists.''

Adris was among a group of Pakistanis, who organised an ISI-encouraged conference in Derby for British MPs and members of the European Parliament (MEPs) to highlight the alleged plight of Kashmir last month. It was also aimed at persuading Pakistani Kashmiris to get involved in British politics. Derby in central England has a large Pakistani population.

The Telegraph reported that an English-origin councillor came back from the meeting with the impression that they felt a "very oppressed people'' .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
UK promotes terrorism against India and David Cameron squeal about Indian transparency and consistency because Vodafone or whatever is being hauled up for tax frauds!

amitkriit

When UK recently announced 1 Billion GBP aid for India, the biggest cheer came from Christian Aid. This is a well-known fact that UK and US had actively supported Khalistan movement, and funded the insurgency in North-East using the churches and missionaries as front.

Neil

Country flag
When UK recently announced 1 Billion GBP aid for India, the biggest cheer came from Christian Aid. This is a well-known fact that UK and US had actively supported Khalistan movement, and funded the insurgency in North-East using the churches and missionaries as front.
any source of your info....??

Blackwater

hahaha yaaar PDF wala same statement chep diya.. kuch to change kar le

Country flag
any source of your info....??
The air India bombing by Sikh separatists of a Canadian flight has taken more than 20 years in court, they are not worried about terrorism against India. Or even better example letting an unstable country continue with a nuclear program and punishing others for the same (Iran).

JBH22

Terrorism is matter of concern only when white people are killed when its people of other race its seen as a trivial thing.UK does what it believes is in its interest but what is INDIA doing? We are a country that has done nothing for internal security so why blame others get the right person to do the job.

Country flag
Terrorism is matter of concern only when white people are killed when its people of other race its seen as a trivial thing.UK does what it believes is in its interest but what is INDIA doing? We are a country that has done nothing for internal security so why blame others get the right person to do the job.
Nobody is going to come and clean up our mess, they will make things messier but nobody will clean it up.

Neil

Country flag
The air India bombing by Sikh separatists of a Canadian flight has taken more than 20 years in court, they are not worried about terrorism against India. Or even better example letting an unstable country continue with a nuclear program and punishing others for the same (Iran).
but LF sir it was canada....neither US or UK....and it took 20years was also because they didnt wanted to accept their security lapses but funding extremism against India a little harsh....

Country flag
but LF sir it was canada....neither US or UK....and it took 20years was also because they didnt wanted to accept their security lapses but funding extremism against India a little harsh....
Do you think the 35 billion in aid USA has given Pakistan since WOT began without any transparency has not been diverted??

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...247446_1_terror-aid-military-aid-war-doctrine

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...n-being-diverted-against-india_100503512.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/india-wants-solution-to-pak-diverting-us-aid/725552/

Oracle

If UK has not learnt it's lesson even after 7th-July-2005 bombings, we should not expect too much from them. Pakistan is UK's prodigal daughter.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I am not surprised. Our betterment is not in the interest of the west or anyone else.

neo29

Genuineness of this article is at question. British MP's attending ISI held meetings, someone would have surely protested.

mayfair

Genuineness of this article is at question. British MP's attending ISI held meetings, someone would have surely protested.
They were ISI encouraged meetings..a big difference. Most of these MPs have substantial voters from Pakistani/Mirpuri community in their constituencies and it's a vote catching exercise for them.

cw2005

I always say the whites do not want to see peace in Asia (to this matter, no peace on any non-white lands). Pakistan fighting India, India fighting China, China fighting Japan. These are what they want to see. I have spent years in Euope and North America and I believe I know their mentality. The question is how the Asian leaders work up a plan to deny such pleasure to the whites.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I always say the whites do not want to see peace in Asia (to this matter, no peace on any non-white lands). Pakistan fighting India, India fighting China, China fighting Japan. These are what they want to see. I have spent years in Euope and North America and I believe I know their mentality. The question is how the Asian leaders work up a plan to deny such pleasure to the whites.
yet you attacked india in 1962 unprovoked and these days you still transgress the LAC and on the tsangpo lake you ram the indian boats

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles