UK election 2017: UK set for hung parliament

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Krusty @mendosa @Razor @captscooby81 @Dovah @aditya10r @airtel @pmaitra

The Conservatives have failed to win an overall majority, and the UK is now set for a hung parliament, says the latest BBC forecast.

It shows gains for the Labour Party after Thursday's general election.

This would be a humiliation for Prime Minister Theresa May, who chose to call the election to try to strengthen her hand in talks with the EU on Brexit.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn urged her to resign, but she said her party would "ensure" stability in the UK.

Election results: Live updates

"At this time more than anything else, this country needs a period of stability," Mrs May said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40209282

Krusty

Country flag
Awkward.....May has committed political suicide. I am certain her days as PM are numbered.

Although I bet Cameron would rejoice. He is officially no longer the worst PM In UKs history :pound:

Actually, i can draw a parallel with Hillary. Both these ladies have managed to grab Defeat from the jaws of victory

Krusty

Country flag
In Tamil, there is a phrase... 'vaila sani'. Literally means satan is in your mouth. Used to denote talking or bragging unnecessarily will only lead you to harm/bad times. Or Just keep shut unless absolutely necessary.

It fits this situation aptly. Theresa May 'ku vaila sani'... she should have just kept her trap shut... :pound:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Akshay_Fenix

I say May is a fucking genius.
It was all pre planned, the conservatives and labour never wanted brexit hence this sham elections out of nowhere.
TM created this big drama of invoking article 50 and went ahead calling for elections saying we need more seats for a hard brexit. Now tell me what dumb idiot party will call for elections who already has a majority in parliament.

She called for elections and just disappeared after that, below par election campaigning, boycotted the uk pm debates which made sure JC got the limelight, and finally 4 terror attacks took place under her watch and did nothing to stop any of these attacks.

dhananjay1

It was all pre planned, the conservatives and labour never wanted brexit hence this sham elections out of nowhere.
TM created this big drama of invoking article 50 and went ahead calling for elections saying we need more seats for a hard brexit. Now tell me what dumb idiot party will call for elections who already has a majority in parliament.

She called for elections and just disappeared after that, below par election campaigning, boycotted the uk pm debates which made sure JC got the limelight, and finally 4 terror attacks took place under her watch and did nothing to stop any of these attacks.
:lol: This might very well be true. The establishment doesn't want a Brexit.

Krusty

Country flag
Brexit vote cannot and will not be reversed under any circumstance. Next to impossible. That would undermine the very foundation of democracy in the UK. That very idea is very much a non starter.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Brexit vote cannot and will not be reversed under any circumstance. Next to impossible. That would undermine the very foundation of democracy in the UK. That very idea is very much a non starter.
What if they call for another "vote"???????????????????

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
If britain wants to survive,THEN DEUS VULT

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Why do you care for their survival ? Oh yeah,the monies in their stock exchanges.

Well,I'm enjoyin' the show.

Since this guy @Krusty said if a moooslim goes alla-hooooo-akbar in LSE,i would be fucked.

The size of LSE is not the problem,how well knitted it is with the global stock market system is a problem.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Paaji,yuck the queen is fucking 91 years old.

How about the princess
lol not literally my friend, not literally. I mean fuck the crown of England, may it crash and burn! And yeah the Princess is hot, might change my opinion if they want to give her to me. :D

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
lol not literally my friend, not literally. I mean fuck the crown of England, may it crash and burn! And yeah the Princess is hot, might change my opinion if they want to give her to me. :D
Even if they give me all of their hot women and cars for free,i would take em all but not stop praying for their death.

These bastards looted us for 200 years,murdered our people caused mass famines,partitioned our country and made us fight their wars.

KABHI NAHI MAAF KARUNGA MAIN TUM KUTTON KO.......ANGREZ KE PILLON

Krusty

Country flag
What if they call for another "vote"???????????????????
Brexit vote? They cannot. Under any circumstance. That's how democracy works. It's the verdict of the people and HAS to be implemented. Not doing so undermines the very foundation of democracy in the UK. It will never be allowed. It's a vote. There is no best two out of three. It's out of question.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Likely.

This is all about Brexit. It is always going to be a disaster as the EU has to make it as bad and as difficult as it can for the UK. If a state can be better off outside the EU, there's no point to it.

Thus, if I were a Tory strategist (not a leader) I'd lose the election and let the moron Corbyn propped up by the likes of Lib Dem and SNP - both of who want to stay in the EU, screw it up. Then snoop in and claim that they wanted a good Brexit but the other guys have made a mess of it.

Make no mistake, all this drama is to dilute Brexit as much as possible.

Brexit is just a term - details are what matter. The establishment don't want to exit the common market and customs union. EU wants to retain supremacy of their courts over British ones. Now even David Davis - the Brexit secretary was talking about diluting the Brexit due to the loss.

Its all a sham, Brexit will happen in name only - then Nigel Farage will get into it again and we'll go on with the charade.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Brexit vote? They cannot. Under any circumstance. That's how democracy works. It's the verdict of the people and HAS to be implemented. Not doing so undermines the very foundation of democracy in the UK. It will never be allowed. It's a vote. There is no best two out of three. It's out of question.
Well I believe you are right, the conservatives are still forming the government. They just don't have a hard majority and need the support of DUP. The thing is that now the DUP might push against hard borders with EU and delay the implementation of Brexit. Either way it is going to happen.

Krusty

Country flag
Brexit is just a term - details are what matter. The establishment don't want to exit the common market and customs union. EU wants to retain supremacy of their courts over British ones. Now even David Davis - the Brexit secretary was talking about diluting the Brexit due to the loss.
Yes. It's just a term. UK has a few years to negotiate the exit terms and arrangements with the EU. It will try to salvage as much as it can ofcourse.

Its all a sham, Brexit will happen in name only - then Nigel Farage will get into it again and we'll go on with the charade.
Please elaborate this point. What do you mean 'in name only'? No matter what Nigel wants, Britain will exit regardless. Not sure what you are implying.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles