UK blocks Chinese visa plans: fear of organized crime

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
UK blocks Chinese visa plans amid fears of rise in organized crime in country

London, Aug. 16 (ANI): British Home Secretary Theresa May is blocking plans that will make it easier for Chinese tourists to get visas amid fears that it will lead to a rise in organized crime, according to a leaked letter.

May has warned that relaxing visa rules on Chinese visitors would pose a threat to national security and bring Chinese criminals and asylum seekers to Britain.

Her intervention comes after senior cabinet ministers, led by Jeremy Hunt, the Culture Secretary, raised concerns that tourists are being 'put off' coming to Britain by a difficult and expensive visa system, The Telegraph reports.

According to the report, Hunt's call to simplify the rules is understood to have been supported by George Osborne, the Chancellor, and Vince Cable, the Business Secretary, after complaints from Chinese businesses about the strict regime.

The leaked letter from May's private secretary has revealed that the issue has escalated to the highest level of government with the Home Secretary forced to answer questions from the Prime Minister about how to increase Chinese visits, the report added.

The letter also points that there are already 400 Chinese criminals awaiting deportation and 1,000 asylum applications from Chinese citizens last year.

According to the report, government statistics show that Britain is losing out on trade with only 147,000 Chinese tourists visiting the country last year compared with 1.2 million going to France.

Sebastian Wood, the British ambassador in Beijing, wrote to May in June complaining that the visa system is seen in China as a "fortress" that is putting off tourists, the report added. (ANI)

UK blocks Chinese visa plans amid fears of rise in organized crime in country

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
UK doesn't want tourists, China doesn't want tourists... France still king. :france:

How do we deal with so much organized Chinese crime? :scared2:

s002wjh

Country flag
china want tourist. as for organized crime, there is already plenty in UK. the chinese tourist spend Billions in europe each years.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
china want tourist. as for organized crime, there is already plenty in UK. the chinese tourist spend Billions in europe each years.
China doesn't want tourists apparently...

China's new visa guidelines could slow down tourism

I see plenty of Chinese tourists shopping on my visits to Paris, I don't see triads running crime syndicates or much news about it. Triads in UK can't be any worse than Paki gangs. What are they doing to limit that?

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
UK doesn't want tourists, China doesn't want tourists... France still king. :france:

How do we deal with so much organized Chinese crime? :scared2:
Better start thinking aobut dealing with this problem first. It is eating France from inside out.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
I visited Paris last time 3 years ago. The who city was literally taken over by the mullahs, and dog sh*t was every where, way to go to attract tourism!

huaxia rox

1 dont konw why u have so much issue with muslims of which majority r very peaceful.....many faults these westerners ve been talking about regarding muslims should be traced back to crusaders themselves not the religion of islam......

2 its for UK gov to decide if they want more chinese travellers....if they dont want then chinese pick some other places to travel......i dont see who really needs who on this matter......

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Better start thinking aobut dealing with this problem first. It is eating France from inside out.

I visited Paris last time 3 years ago. The who city was literally taken over by the mullahs, and dog sh*t was every where, way to go to attract tourism
Street prayer was banned last year and the city bought moto pooper scoopers. Don't you wish your problems were so easily solved. :shocked:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles