Uderstanding and dealing with Pakistan---Colonel Athale's view

ashdoc

Country flag
To me this is the most interesting part , but is it true ??---

suddenly in May 1946 Viceroy Louis Mountbatten announced that the British would leave by August 15, 1947, nearly one year early. No historian has offered an explanation as to why the sudden hurry? According to many observers this haste was partly responsible for the horrors of the partition riots.

Tucked away in the obscure corners of history is an event that could have led to this. The working committee of Muslim League was meeting in Mumbai (then Bombay) in March 1946.

On March 30, during the meeting Mohammed Ali Jinnah collapsed and had to be taken to the Breach Candy Hospital. His personal physician Dr Jal Patel told Jinnah that but for timely evacuation to the hospital, Jinnah would not have survived and advised complete rest.

But the strong-willed Jinnah flouted the doctor's advice and continued his hectic political activity. The Muslim League kept this episode a secret but it is too much to expect that the British did not come to know about it.

Afraid that without Jinnah, the whole Pakistan project might collapse, Mountbatten advanced the date of independence and partition of India. Jinnah died on September 11, 1948.

To his personal physician Colonel Illahi Bax, he confessed "the creation of Pakistan was the biggest blunder of my life." (Report under 'Disclosure by Jinnah's Doctor', The Frontier Post, Peshawar, dated November 26, 1987.)

Vishwarupa

Country flag
To his personal physician Colonel Illahi Bax, he confessed "the creation of Pakistan was the biggest blunder of my life." (Report under 'Disclosure by Jinnah's Doctor', The Frontier Post, Peshawar, dated November 26, 1987.)

I feel this is best part of Indian Independence or else India would have become Islamic republic with more than 40-50% of Muslim population

ashdoc

Country flag

I feel this is best part of Indian Independence or else India would have become Islamic republic with more than 40-50% of Muslim population
i was thinking on similar lines :lol:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I myself being son of Punjabi migrants from what is West Pakistan do not regret one single second the separation of two religious populations. There are some Punjabis around the world fantasize the reunification of two nations my message to them is pack up and move to your land of fantasy and stop spreading nonsense ideas of reunification.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles