UAVs and UCAVs

gadeshi

Altius-M project medium weight (up to 5 tons MTOW) MALE UAV 2-nd flight prototype:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
US considering India's request for armed drones for Air Force: Official
Updated: Oct 22, 2017 | 17:02 IST | PTI

Washington: The Trump Administration is "considering" India's request for armed drones for its air force, weeks after approving the sale of high-tech unarmed guardian drones to India.

"Yes, yes," a senior administration official told news agency PTI when asked about India's pending request about the purchase of armed drones as part of its armed forces' modernisation drive.

The armed drones, the Indian Air Force (IAF) believes, would help it strengthen its defence capabilities. Early this year, the IAF had requested the US Government for General Atomics Predator C Avenger. It is understood that IAF would need 80 to 100 units making it approximately a whopping USD 8 billion deal.

The Trump Administration's consideration in this regard comes months after a successful meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Donald Trump at the White House on June 26, during which the US announced to sell 22 unarmed Guardian drones to India, which would add the Indian Navy’s surveillance capabilities in the strategic Indian Ocean region.

"We are at ways to, in terms of Foreign military sales, but really also in defence cooperation broadly how to strengthen our relationship and cooperation," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The official was responding to questions on defence relationship and India's quest for high-tech defence equipments and technologies from the US as part of its long overdue armed forces' modernisation drive running into several hundred billions of dollars over the next decade.

Previous Obama Administration had designated India as major defence partner and the Trump Administration has accelerated the process of considering Indian requests.

"The US Navy and the Indian Navy have been cooperating for many years on counter piracy efforts, on ensuring freedom of navigation in the Indian Ocean and the and Red Sea and the Persian Gulf," the official said.

"I think that (defence) cooperation is only going to increase based on the need for it to increase and the kind of trust that we are building through personal relationships and through a fundamental understanding that our interests aligned so clearly," the official said.

Last week, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had said that in keeping with India's status as a major defense partner and their mutual interest in expanding maritime cooperation, the Trump administration has offered a menu of defence options for India's consideration, including the Guardian UAV.

"We value the role India can play in global security and stability and are prepared to ensure they have even greater capabilities," Tillerson had said ahead of his visit to India.

http://www.timesnownews.com/india/a...-us-donald-trump-india-guardian-drones/110720

porky_kicker

Country flag
dont think so uav gcs have two controler cabin not 4 ..here its more than 2 kind of cs for radar system ..
look carefully

there are 2 controller stations at 12 o clock , you can see the control stick on the the left controller station and another one on the right controller station, the middle console i believe is related to weapon control and fire , they have it for the UCAV version of rustom when it comes online

rest are data/imagery exploitation stations and the cabinet on the extreme right with 3 small colored console is related to data link

and there is no hard and fast rule as to the no of stations that can be employed , it depends on the developer and their goals/requirements

here is a zoomed pic , see for yourself

rr.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What would happen if there is a swarm of UAV/UCAV from Chinese side?

By swarm I mean hundreds of them...

Which is the best way to deal with them?

I am assuming it has to be dealt with from the ground, fighter jets will not be able to out all of them and Aakash can’t be used up in first wave itself.

I am not sure what is range of AAD guns like L70...

What is the next best option?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
What would happen if there is a swarm of UAV/UCAV from Chinese side?

By swarm I mean hundreds of them...

Which is the best way to deal with them?

I am assuming it has to be dealt with from the ground, fighter jets will not be able to out all of them and Aakash can’t be used up in first wave itself.

I am not sure what is range of AAD guns like L70...

What is the next best option?
Maybe Directed energy weapons.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Our TAPAS UAV is dead end overweight design. It needs turboprop engines to break the logjam of overweight body with underweight engines. But ADE is muddling along providing space for massive import orders for USA & ISRAEL

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles