U.S base in Guam a major threat to China

amoy

You may have gained some Islands which I doubt will do any good to China or that region. You lost the trust of entire ASEAN and countries located in that region.
GAINED those islands? LOL these are not newly gained but only expanded by reclamation.

Lost the trust of blah blah?? What can be more ridiculous than this statement? :biggrin2: In geopolitics small countries instinctively distrust the big neighbour hence wish to bring in external actors for balancing, regardless of what the big guy does. Can India claim to be trusted by any of Nepal, Bangladesh, Paksitan, the Maldives, Myanmar or Sri Lanka? They are glad to have China to keep India at bay.

Besides, do brush up your knowledge about ASEAN politics. Except VN and PH, most of ASEAN members are fine with China. Lately Thailand is eyeing Chinese submarines. Indonesia procured Chinese missiles. Cambodia foiled attempts to pass anything against China in the ASEAN summit.

US is boosting Guam capacity or Subic Bay but China is no sitting duck. The SCS build-up is a response in part.

Both America and China are making a lot of noise but barking dogs don't bite.:yo:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Fencing in your yard is fine ..... but fencing in international waters is a crime.

Lets see if these claimed Islands make any good to China !

GAINED those islands? LOL these are not newly gained but only expanded by reclamation.

Lost the trust of blah blah?? What can be more ridiculous than this statement? :biggrin2: In geopolitics small countries instinctively distrust the big neighbour hence wish to bring in external actors for balancing, regardless of what the big guy does. Can India claim to be trusted by any of Nepal, Bangladesh, Paksitan, the Maldives, Myanmar or Sri Lanka? They are glad to have China to keep India at bay.

Besides, do brush up your knowledge about ASEAN politics. Except VN and PH, most of ASEAN members are fine with China. Lately Thailand is eyeing Chinese submarines. Indonesia procured Chinese missiles. Cambodia foiled attempts to pass anything against China in the ASEAN summit.

US is boosting Guam capacity or Subic Bay but China is no sitting duck. The SCS build-up is a response in part.

Both America and China are making a lot of noise but barking dogs don't bite.:yo:

amoy

Fencing in your yard is fine ..... but fencing in international waters is a crime.

Lets see if these claimed Islands make any good to China !
These islets are right in the Chinese yard as much as the Mexican Gulf for America.

Chinese blueprint indicates that the SCS reclamation in total may eventually outstrip the landmass of Diego Garcia (20~30 sq km apprx.) with helipads, airstrips, radars etc. etc.. If the US can frog-leap to Guam and Diego thousands of miles away to fence, so shall China be justified right in her soft belly down south.

The world has got over complacent with the US policing and even Prez. Obama complains about freeloading by China among others on the security that America provides, as well as China's reluctance to share the responsibilty to safeguard the world peace in proportion to her UNSC P5 status.

Every SCS claimant is busy doing the same build-up to assert their presence, Viets, Filipinos... Why is China alone under the spotlight? With greater power cometh greater responsibility! The whole region looks up to China a heavyweight for a well deserved role as usual. I bet everyone of South Asian peers is happy with Chinese activities except India! India always sulks anyway but what does it matter whether u wish us well or ill?

With phase-in of those projects China will be able to safeguard the freedom of navigation for the intl community, conduct rescue operations, anti piracy and poaching surveillance, and allieviate the burden on US as a result over West Pac..

Also increasing drilling rigs in SCS may lead to solutions to reduce carbon footprints by burning less coal for the sake of Mother Earth.

Do embrace the paradigm shift!

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Last edited:

jouni

Against who is China providing security? Just asking, not an expert of SCS myself.

sorcerer

Country flag
What happens next, should be fairly obvious to anyone who has followed US meddling in recent years. The US is now at war with China, which means that it will use all of its resources and capabilities, except it’s military assets, to defeat the enemy. The United States will not militarily engage an enemy that can fight back or inflict pain on the US. That’s the cardinal rule of US military policy. While that precludes a nuclear conflagration, it does not exclude a hyperbolic propaganda campaign demonizing China and its leaders in the media (Sadly, the comparisons to Hitler and the Kaiser have already started), asymmetrical attacks on Chinese markets and currency, excruciating economic sanctions, US-NGO funding for Chinese dissidents, foreign agents and fifth columnists, intrusions into China’s territorial waters and airspace, strategic denial of critical energy supplies, (80 percent of China’s oil supplies are delivered via the Malacca Strait to the South China Sea) and, finally, covert support for “moderate” jihadis who are committed to toppling the Chinese government and replacing it with an Islamic Caliphate. All of these means and proxies will be employed to defeat Beijing, to derail its ambitious Silk Roads strategy, to curtail its explosive growth, and to sabotage its plan to be the preeminent power in Asia.
USA doesnt care about China building islands..China is giving USA more reasons for their extreme posturing.
:D

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/06/08/beating-uncle-sam-at-his-own-game/

amoy

Only polyannas would believe US, without “reasons” China gives, would not have done the extreme posturing (undoing the strongholds on Guam or Garcia??). Too simple sometimes naive, isn't it?

Here cometh the most plain interpretation of 'Yin & Yang' philosophy again: The seemingly opposing forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, giving rise to each other.

What's gonna happen is to happen. So brace yourself up and play on. [emoji2]

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

sorcerer

Country flag
I like this new silk road, it is interested that Marco Polo was an italian. Now economy of Russia is the size of Italy's, so it must be an omen.
Well..the whole Ukrainian horror is now boiled down exposing the real lack of strength of NATO at many levels and how divided Europe is when it comes to have an understanding for a fight.

Whats interesting to see is how the USA is trying to rake up issues thats non existent like in Ukraine and applying that same formula with the strategic positioning of China.

jouni

I cant wait for this new silk road. I have always wanted to visit Beijing!

Hari Sud

Country flag
I am glad to know that Chinese are also afraid of somebody.

With Japan, US and India on one side, there is only one way for the Chinese to go I.e. Down.

sorcerer

Country flag
USA wants complete domination..They are gonna wang the chinese ying!
Ying wang :D

USA never went by the philosophies ... They act or react!

pmaitra

Err..
I think you have wrong information

http://thediplomat.com/2014/01/chinas-nuclear-parasol/

MEaning...in the Ukraine screwup... China interest is against that of Russia when it comes to a nuke skirmish.

Logically Russian nuke umbrella for China doesn’t stand in the first place.
If you could provide a source for your claim..that would be a good read!
That was between PRC and Ukraine when Viktor Yanukovich was the President. Now, we have Arsenic "Nuland's Boy" Yats and Petro Chocolatashenko.

In any event, all this talk about nukes is only for deterrence. Neither will the US invade PRC, nor will PRC need a nuclear umbrella, whether it is its own, or that of the Russian Federation.

I agree. This noise is good news for the US. The defense companies will be making a windfall.

I cant wait for this new silk road. I have always wanted to visit Beijing!

Put those seatbelts on. Don't you dare disregard those "European Values."

amoy

I like this new silk road, it is interested that Marco Polo was an italian. Now economy of Russia is the size of Italy's, so it must be an omen.
Welcome to China. Here u'll see the spiritual distinction btwn Chinese and Indians, as well as our profound philosophy of harmony --

Yin and Yang are inter-convertible. Frictions are inevitable, but manageable.

amoy

Chini Amerikan bhai bhai!

Chinese Tourists Are Turning U.S. Territory Guam Into the Fastest Growing Destination

Chinese tourism overseas will double in the next six years to 200 million people a year, according to a recent report from analysts at CLSA, and a tiny US military outpost 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific could be one of the biggest beneficiaries.

The hilly 200-square-mile island of Guam, population about 160,000, could see 50% growth in Chinese tourists, analysts say, the most of any destination.

In ultimate numbers, that’s still not huge: 21,000 Chinese tourists traveled to Guam in 2013, compared to over 3 million Chinese tourists who went to Thailand, the most popular foreign destination. But the growth in Chinese tourists to Guam has already skyrocketed from 1,000 in 2007, and Guam businesses are lobbying the US Congress to pass a visa-waiver program (paywall) for Chinese citizens that could make that growth even faster.

Unlike gloating Indians, Chinese have a lot more to share with Americans as both are enterprising peoples sharing more mutual interests than differences. Let's turn the Pacific into a peaceful ocean whoch is able to accomodate aspirations of both countries.

https://skift.com/2014/01/21/chines...ry-guam-into-the-fastest-growing-destination/

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

garg_bharat

Country flag
@amoy, China has the habit of self destructing whenever it rises to the top.

I think this time is coming close. I give communist China only a few more years.

3deffect

Country flag
what happen when you make lot enemy more then friends... its call china judgement day

what happen when you think enemy not attack on you ... its call china imagination

what happen when you have friends like porkiland,north koria......its call china End day

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles