U.N. Says Credible Evidence Tehran Is Working On Nuclear Weapon

JayATL

Iran Nuclear Program: U.N. Says Credible Evidence Tehran Is Working On Nuclear Weapon

VIENNA — The U.N. nuclear agency said Friday it is "increasingly concerned" about a stream of intelligence suggesting that Iran continues to work secretly on developing a nuclear payload for a missile and other components of a nuclear weapons program.

In its report, the International Atomic Energy Agency said "many member states" are providing evidence for that assessment, describing the information it is receiving as credible, "extensive and comprehensive."

The restricted 9-page report was made available Friday to The Associated Press, shortly after being shared internally with the 35 IAEA member nations and the U.N. Security Council. It also said Tehran has fulfilled a pledged made earlier this year and started installing equipment to enrich uranium at a new location – an underground bunker that is better protected from air attack than its present enrichment facilities.

Enrichment can produce both nuclear fuel and fissile warhead material, and Tehran – which says it wants only to produce fuel with the technology – is under four sets of U.N. Security Council sanctions for refusing to freeze enrichment, which it says it needs for fuel only.

It also denies secretly experimenting with a nuclear weapons program and has blocked a four-year attempt by the IAEA to follow up on intelligence that it secretly designed blueprints linked to a nuclear payload on a missile, experimented with exploding a nuclear charge, and conducted work on other components of a weapons program.

In a 2007 estimate, the U.S. intelligence community said that while Iran had worked on a weapons program such activities appeared to have ceased in 2003. But diplomats say a later intelligence summary avoided such specifics, and recent IAEA reports on the topic have expressed growing unease that such activities may be continuing.

The phrase "increasingly concerned" has not appeared in previous reports discussing Iran's alleged nuclear weapons work and reflects the frustration felt by IAEA chief Yukiya Amano over the lack of progress in his investigations.

His report said that choice of language is due to the "possible existence in Iran of past or current undisclosed nuclear related activities" linked to weapons work. In particular, said the report, the agency continues to receive new information about "activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile."

Acquired from "many" member states, the information possessed by the IAEA is "extensive and comprehensive ... (and) broadly consistent and credible," said the report.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
this is a bad news for gringos. hahah ahahaha ahahaha

blueblood

US and credible evidences don't rhyme together especially post 2003. Anyways, even if Iran somehow develops the nuke there is hardly anything US can do. If they attack Iran, they will end up destroying their economy and middle east's oil production capability which inturn will screw the world economy.

JayATL

Mullahs , madmen and their fingers on the Islamic bomb.... and you who support it here are bat shzit crazy..

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
you sound like pakistanis , void on reality , high as a kite!
tbf the next republican presidential candidate is a religious loony. he just said that he supports israel because he is a devout christian.

what do you make of that ?

blueblood

tbf the next republican presidential candidate is a religious loony. he just said that he supports israel because he is a devout christian.

Nothing, he is a new kind of Indian American, the trigger happy redneck kind. But what the hell, he is not bitching about the country he is living in like most Pakis and Canadian chinese we know of.

blueblood

Indian American?? who? Perry?
It is my assumption that you cannot differentiate between a poster with the American flag with the one that has Indian flag. So take your time and please inform me when you are done. Hint - try reading location, it might help.

trackwhack

Ah, apologies my friend. I thought you were referring to 'the next replublican presidential candidate'. Did not mean to offend your sentiments though. I thought on the contrary you may have been referring to Bobby Jindal and as far as I knew he has not announced anything about running for the presidency.

Oof that was confusing. :)

blueblood

Ah, apologies my friend. I thought you were referring to 'the next replublican presidential candidate'. Did not mean to offend your sentiments though. I thought on the contrary you may have been referring to Bobby Jindal and as far as I knew he has not announced anything about running for the presidency.

Oof that was confusing. :)
Chill mate, no need for apology. I was mentioning about the future of America, Mr. JayATL.

JayATL

He is high as a kite and he is not the next republican president, he is 1 of 8 fighting to run against Obama trying to win his party ( republican) ticket. Do you have idiots in the indian political system? well meet ours...we have several more.

JayATL

'

As real as iraq's nukes??...oh wait :p
Look your philosophy is simple stupidity begets stupidity... WTH has Iraq to do with sucidial mullahs who fund terrorist and are the true leaders of Iran and also happen to think Jews need to be wiped off the earth? show us an Iota of critical thinking...

Iraq did not have WMD but youcan't rague a brutal dicatator , who murdered , gassed, tortured hundreds of thousands was toppled...

OH btw- They Iranian Mullahs also think Kashmir should go to Pakistan--- get educated before you opine...puleez

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles