Two key Army units moved towards Delhi: Indian Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Alright ! now MoD and PM has denied the possibility of alleged coup. It appears that Indian Express would have sold thousands of copies due to this & gained publicity. Well if one newspaper publishes any big news than it's obvious for others to publish the same for competition, so all the TV news channels were showing debates on this matter LOL!

Adux

Country flag
Let me also put this through, if JJ Singh made sure all the people who were to be chief's after him were his chamacha's, then how did VKS get through?

amitkriit

dude its not Sonia gandhi who controls it CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO

These men aren't cannon fodder, they are our own people. And don't tell me who controls what, I can say a lot about it, but I would better shut up because I am not General V K Singh, I cannot fight the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adux

Country flag
These men aren't cannon fodder, they are our own people. And don't tell me who controls what, I can say a lot about it, but I would better shut up because I am not General V K Singh, I cannot fight the system.
Clarity is not your forte is it.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Indian Army and GoI must file a defamation suit against the Publisher and the Author separately, We can not accept such cheap stunts surely if Army files a case the truth will come out if the sponsored or pushed by our Failing govt to save some face i guess they dont.

If we continue to just watch these corrupt people and Paid media will make mockery of our armed force which we respect the most.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
And this isnt new. From a long time during AFSPA issue, army Generals were shouting to put there side in the media debates but they were not heard. Everyone was blaming the army and that AFSPA should be removed completely. That time I realized that its not only media but also these stupid unaware young folks who know nothing about the issue and just kept on repeating same thing that this is a Democracy. Arrey GO HELL WITH YOUR DEMOCRACY.

You are not giving the Armed Forces they require to combat terror and when something occurs they blame and put question upon national security. Curse to be upon them. They are the real enemy of the state.

They have no concern for the death of a soldier. They think its the duty of the soldier to die. I was watching this on the television or believe me those people must be left in PoK and then asked whether AFSPA should be there or not.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
^^^ What AFSPA has to do here ?? They are two different thing

amitkriit

^^^ What AFSPA has to do here ?? They are two different thing
His point is the media is only projecting/protecting the views of certain self-interest groups. All panel discussions are biased and the anchors try to drive the discussions in a certain direction.

This news has been deliberately injected into public domain to scare away the "democracy loving" general public from the army. The Italian mafia knows Indian psyche very well, it wants to ride the sympathy wave generated by this news to the next tenure in centre.

By the way, military coups can only happen after the government looses it's legitimacy in the eyes of the general public, and I have no doubt in my mind that the current government has created the right environment for a military coup, last time it happened during the emergency. Some say that Indira Gandhi called for elections because she was convinced that had she stayed any longer, the army would have taken over the government and killed her.

amitkriit

Yes & alien lords are helping them!! :sad:
No need, we Indians are the biggest enemies of ourselves. Britishers killed our ancestors and kept us as slaves for 150 years with the help of our own "white-wannabe" brown people.

Reactions: KS

p2prada

From the article,
The Army's justification for the specific movements did sound plausible though. The mechanised units, they said, were checking out their ability to move and deploy rapidly in fog, should a contingency arrive. It could not have driven westwards (towards Ferozepur or Fazilka) as that would have alarmed Pakistan since the move had not been notified to them.
So, if we move a unit west, it alarms Pak. If we move to the east it alarms the govt. What a cheeky interpretation by the author. It is obviously meant to tarnish the Army's image.

None, the army will never take over the country, unless things become rather desperate and the civilian administration goes kaput.
President's rule is the next option, even better than the army rule. At least for a change some educated person will rule the country while the Generals will do what they do best without worrying about Delhi's sewage problem.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
No need, we Indians are the biggest enemies of ourselves. Britishers killed our ancestors and kept us as slaves for 150 years with the help of our own "white-wannabe" brown people.
So we are talking about British rule now? :wacko:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian Army and GoI must file a defamation suit against the Publisher and the Author separately,
X1000

I am shocked, Anyways closing this thread now as this is a Cheap stunt by INDIAN MEDIA to the core..

Reactions: nrj

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
PM questions report on Army movement to Delhi, calls it 'alarmist'

NEW DELHI/VISHAKHAPATNAM: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has questioned the report carried in The Indian Express on the movement of two Army units towards Delhi this January without prior notification.

The Prime Minister has called the news report 'alarmist' and has said it cannot be taken at face value.

"The army chief's office is an exalted establishment. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that lowers its dignity," Manmohan Singh said on the sidelines of the Padma awards function at Rashtrapati Bhavan.

Defence minister AK Antony has also rubbished the report, calling it 'absolutely baseless'.

Speaking to media after commissioning of INS Chakra into the Navy at Vishakhapatnam, Antony said the newspaper report was baseless and the Army movement was routine.

The defence minister said the patriotism of the Army could not be questioned and it would do nothing to undermine the Indian democracy. I am proud of the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force, Antony said.

According to the report appearing in The Indian Express, late on the night of January 16, central intelligence agencies reported an unexpected and non-notified movement by a key military unit from the mechanised infantry based in Hisar(Haryana).

This was the day Army chief Gen VK Singh had approached the Supreme Court on his date of birth issue.

The newspaper report states lookouts were alerted as a routine step. This was as part of a protocol put in place in June 1984, when some mutineers from Sikh units had moved towards national capital in the wake of Operation Bluestar.

The lookouts confirmed the movement of what looked like a sizeable unit.

It was soon identified as an entire unit of mechanised Infantry with its Russian made armoured fighting vehicles(AFVs) carried on 48 tank transporters. There was concern as no such movement had been notified. Further, the Army Day celebrations had ended on January 15.

The situation turned into further alarm when reports came in of yet another military movement 'towards' Delhi, the report claims.

This unit was identified as a large element of the airborne 50 Para brigade based at Agra.

The lookout was activated south of Delhi as well and the column was identified.

By this time both the columns were being tracked and 'watched'.

The report says the defence minister was informed and the Centre put in motion an old contingency plan to delay such a move. An alert was issued to police to check all vehicles on the highways leading to Delhi in a bid to slow down the traffic.

The Prime Minister was informed about the developments in the early morning hours of January 17.

The report further states that defence secretary Shashi Kant Sharma was asked to cut short his visit to Malaysia.

The defence secretary opened his office late at night and sought an explanation from Lt Gen AK Chaudhary, Director General Military Operations.

Lt Gen Chaudhary called it a routine exercise. The Army's explanation was that it was carrying out exercises to check its ability to make quick deployments of key units during fog.

The DGMO was told to send back both the units immediately.

The newspaper claims that Army's explanation of it being a simple fog-time exercise was viewed with scepticism at the highest level.

Reacting to the story, the BJP has said that it pointed to a trust deficit between the government and the Indian Army.

Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi has tweeted that the Prime Minister should clear the air on the issue.

PM questions report on Army movement to Delhi, calls it 'alarmist' - The Times of India

DANIPREET

Planned coup not by indian army, it's by corrupt politicians paid media

CORRUPT POLITICIANS SPECIALLY CONGRESS & THEIR PAID MEDIA ALWAYS CREATE PROBLEMS Against Indian Nationalism.THIS TIME THEY EVEN TARGET ARMED FORCES OF OUR COUNTRY. FIRST THEY PUBLISH TOTAL FALSE NEWS OF PLANNED COUP BY ARMY. THEN THEY TERMED IT AS BASELESS REPORTS. NOW THEY ARE PRESENTING THEMSELVES LIKE TRUE SUPPORTER OF INDIAN ARMED FORCES. SHAME ON ALL O THEM.
Patriotism of the Indian Armed Forces Can Never Be Doubted. I am proud of Indian Armed Foces.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Welcome to DFI

And may i ask why you started a Thread when there is already one any how i agree with you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles