Two girls murdered by dancing in the rain

IBSA

Country flag
Two teenage sisters shot dead in Pakistan for dancing in the rain

Five gunmen killed Noor Basra, 15, Noor Sheza, 16, and their mother, Noshehra, after a video of the three dancing in traditional garb in the rain went viral. It is believed stepbrother Khutore ordered the death as an 'honor' killing for the video. He has since been arrested.

Two teenage sisters have been shot dead in Pakistan because they danced in the rain in a video. Their mother was also killed.

Two teenage sisters have been shot dead in Pakistan for allegedly dancing in the rain.

Sisters Noor Basra, 15, Noor Sheza, 16, and their mother, Noshehra, were shot dead by five gunmen after a video of the two girls enjoying the rain shower in traditional dress spread throughout their conservative northern town.

The sisters' stepbrother is now being blamed for ordering their deaths on June 23 in an effort to restore the family's "honor" six months after the video surfaced.

That 22-year-old stepbrother, Khutore, has since been arrested for carrying out the attack according to police.

"It seems that the two girls have been murdered after they were accused of tarnishing their family's name by making a video of themselves dancing in the rain," an officer confirmed to News24Online.

In the video the two girls are seen wearing traditional shalwar kameez trouser suits and green and purple headscarves.

Around them are two younger children they run after while directly outside their home in Chilas.

One girl momentarily breaks from their dance to flash a smile at the camera.

This latest tragedy comes one year after four women were executed for singing and dancing with men at a wedding in a remote village of Kohistan in northwest Pakistan.

Tribal elders ordered the women to be shot dead for allegedly tarnishing their families' names by their acts of "fornication."

Women and men dancing is a strict violation of Sharia law with about a thousand "honor killings" taking place in Pakistan annually to amend acts like this, according to women's rights group the Aurat Foundation.

Of those killings committed nearly 77 percent end in the acquittal of criminals, according to Human Rights Commission activist Tahira Abdullah.

Read more: Two teenage sisters shot dead in Pakistan for dancing in the rain - NY Daily News

IBSA

Country flag
Is this a haram in Pakistan? :tsk:

Last edited by a moderator:

bose

Country flag
What a sorry state of affairs in Pakistan!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What can one say?

Sad.

In India, at Clubs, there are Rain Dances.

Thank heavens, India is not Pakistan or else we would see the shootouts and mayhem that we see in movies on Al Capone days!

tramp

So very tragic...

One minute.. it must be RAW/CIA/Mossad conspiracy to keep Pakistan in the dark ages!

TrueSpirit

I believe, at least in this respect, India is not doing great, either. Female-infanticide is bordering on epidemic proportions in some Northern states, which happen to be some of the most affluent states, as well. Dowry-deaths still continue. Despite so many awareness campaigns, even the most educated lot of our society refuse to understand because of their feudal mindset. Not something to be complacent about.

Decklander

What can one say?

Sad.

In India, at Clubs, there are Rain Dances.

Thank heavens, India is not Pakistan or else we would see the shootouts and mayhem that we see in movies on Al Capone days!
Don't worry sir, If we have UPA-3, we will have such honour killings for Dancing in the rain in India also. Infact we, in IN have Monsoon Ball and also Rain Dance in our Officers Mess/Clubs where we create artificial rains to let officers and families enjoy the rains.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Don't worry sir, If we have UPA-3, we will have such honour killings for Dancing in the rain in India also. Infact we, in IN have Monsoon Ball and also Rain Dance in our Officers Mess/Clubs where we create artificial rains to let officers and families enjoy the rains.
Why politics here sir?
Honor killing is happening in india too...might not be so extreme as in pakistan.
Have you guys forgotten attack on girls outside manglore bars? or similar attacks on girls or couples for inter-caste etc marriages.
A person with sick mentality can be anywhere and can happen because of any lame excuse.
reason being our society is not intelligent enough to stop such things..we have very low female sex ratio baring few states.
it all depends on state of mind one is.

Decklander

Why politics here sir?
Honor killing is happening in india too...might not be so extreme as in pakistan.
Have you guys forgotten attack on girls outside manglore bars? or similar attacks on girls or couples for inter-caste etc marriages.
A person with sick mentality can be anywhere and can happen because of any lame excuse.
reason being our society is not intelligent enough to stop such things..we have very low female sex ratio baring few states.
it all depends on state of mind one is.
I fully agree with you but we have still not killed anyone for dancing in the rains. The reasons for Honour killings in Pakistan and India are different and while Islam provides for it, Hinduism does not.

Snuggy321

How sad :/

But we have enough problems here as well... abortion of females..., islamization in some areas..... terror organizations bajrang dal which are attacking couples for holding their hands in public....

SilentKiller

Country flag
I fully agree with you but we have still not killed anyone for dancing in the rains. The reasons for Honour killings in Pakistan and India are different and while Islam provides for it, Hinduism does not.
its not with only religion..true that they use sharia law to justify killing but its the book they also don't understand.
Religion was made by man and its has been so much used for once gain since ages.
Some fanatics followed it wrong way. everywhere there r wrong people, if a girl visits a pub, she gets beaten this isn't anyway less than killing for dancing in rain.
both group of people r foolish who have never understood their religion, its just like cramming the subject but not understanding its meaning.

Religion for me is Faith, what u believe follow it but never superimpose your faith over others.
respect your faith and faith of others

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
the step brother wanted to get rid of them so that he inherits there share. there is always ulterior motives in such situations.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Please change the 'by' to 'for' in the title. The 'by' makes it much more horrible. :scared2:

Decklander

its not with only religion..true that they use sharia law to justify killing but its the book they also don't understand.
Religion was made by man and its has been so much used for once gain since ages.
Some fanatics followed it wrong way. everywhere there r wrong people, if a girl visits a pub, she gets beaten this isn't anyway less than killing for dancing in rain.
both group of people r foolish who have never understood their religion, its just like cramming the subject but not understanding its meaning.

Religion for me is Faith, what u believe follow it but never superimpose your faith over others.
respect your faith and faith of others
I agree. religion is a matter of faith between me and my god, who are these pundits and maulvies to tell or dictate to me what I shud do.

tramp

the step brother wanted to get rid of them so that he inherits there share. there is always ulterior motives in such situations.
If its just a case of bumping off for property, why five armed men should go there? When these women were unarmed, one or max two woud have been enough right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles