Twin explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If the attacks are traced to Pak trained terrorists, God help them!

sorcerer

Country flag
Time and chance for America to correct its defective ANTI TERRORISM policy.
They should do something substantial in genuine terms rather than take responsive actions to eyewash their own citizens and the international community.
Ref:Action against terrorists in the FATA area in the Afghan border is agreed.but the terrorist manufacturing bases in the eastern border of Pak is conviniently ignored.
That is just one example.

Terror and its many flavours should never be used or allowed to be used by parties as a strategic asset to attain diplomatic and (or) state objectives.
This incident proves that technology has its limitations in the Real world Randomness, but its all about making our intelligence community efficient and reliable,

sorcerer

Country flag
If the attacks are traced to Pak trained terrorists, God help them!
I dont think they are dumb enough for that now..they will use proxies from other countried..even brainwash Americas own citizens..
Its becoming very complex and complicated.
Anyway Pak conined the term "Stateless Actors". Now US will have tough time finding that on the map.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My prayers with those killed and injured in these attacks.

However I must say that in this tragedy, hopefully the US will learn its lessons of trying to cut deals with terrorists and terror sponsoring countries. I really hope that the perpetrators of this attack are caught quickly and their training/source traced to Pakistan. I really do hope.

average american

The Saudi Arabian man who is reportedly in police custody following the Boston Marathon bombing was chased and tackled by bystanders shortly after the blast, according to CBS.
Senior correspondent John Miller, a former assistant director of the FBI, reported this:

There is an individual in custody "¦ he is not free to go.

He is a Saudi national who was near the scene of the blast. When the blast happened he began to run. Now, in context, a lot of people began to run. A civilian who thought he was acting suspiciously chased him down and tackled him and then turned him over to Boston police, saying, I saw this guy hanging around over there acting suspiciously. And then he ran. That may mean a lot, it may mean nothing at all.

Miller added that the man was fully cooperative but was denying any involvement in the bombing.

pmaitra

The Saudi Arabian man who is reportedly in police custody following the Boston Marathon bombing was chased and tackled by bystanders shortly after the blast, according to CBS.
Senior correspondent John Miller, a former assistant director of the FBI, reported this:

There is an individual in custody "¦ he is not free to go.

He is a Saudi national who was near the scene of the blast. When the blast happened he began to run. Now, in context, a lot of people began to run. A civilian who thought he was acting suspiciously chased him down and tackled him and then turned him over to Boston police, saying, I saw this guy hanging around over there acting suspiciously. And then he ran. That may mean a lot, it may mean nothing at all.

Miller added that the man was fully cooperative but was denying any involvement in the bombing.
Well said, and thanks to you Sir. It was a very thoughtful comment, especially at such times of distress. Shows how much tolerance the American people have.

It is true that those who ploughed the Airliners into the World Trade Centre Towers were Arabs, but in general, the Arabs limit their role to funding Wahhabi militants, leaving the dirty work for the Arab-wannabe more-pious-than-the-most-pious Pakistanis.

sorcerer

Country flag
I am sickened that you would use this tragedy to point fingers in the absence of proof. What is wrong with you?
Hey, be thankful that its not an NK affair, so far. Else your country will be cornered big time now.

IBSA

Country flag
UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

University of Mobile's Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

"Evidently, I don't believe they were just having a training exercise," Stevenson said. "I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in."

CNN reports a state government official said there were no credible threats before the race.

Stevenson had just finished the marathon before the explosions. Stevenson said his wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

"We are just so thankful right now," Stevenson said.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions | Mobile AL, Pensacola FL News, Weather, Sports | WPMI-TV | Local15TV.com

IBSA

Country flag
If there was sniffing bomb dogs in the place, why don't it detected them??

By chance the people's smell was enough to confound the dog nose??

t_co

Well said, and thanks to you Sir. It was a very thoughtful comment, especially at such times of distress. Shows how much tolerance the American people have.

It is true that those who ploughed the Airliners into the World Trade Centre Towers were Arabs, but in general, the Arabs limit their role to funding Wahhabi militants, leaving the dirty work for the Arab-wannabe more-pious-than-the-most-pious Pakistanis.
...this post just reeks of anti-Pakistani bias. What the heck does the Marathon bombing have to do with Pakistanis?

t_co

My prayers with those killed and injured in these attacks.

However I must say that in this tragedy, hopefully the US will learn its lessons of trying to cut deals with terrorists and terror sponsoring countries. I really hope that the perpetrators of this attack are caught quickly and their training/source traced to Pakistan. I really do hope.
Yusuf, at a time at which over a dozen Americans had their limbs cut off by bombs or were killed, how come your first few thoughts immediately go to geopolitics?

sorcerer

Country flag
Are you seriously playing politics with this?
Are you NOT seriously playing politics by using terrorism as a strategic asset by aligning diplomatic stance with such a country to stop Indias developmental fronts?

sorcerer

Country flag
...this post just reeks of anti-Pakistani bias. What the heck does the Marathon bombing have to do with Pakistanis?
So far...None..but as investigations progresses, there will be atleast one reference to an outfit in Pak.

pmaitra

I am an Indian, and my country is a victim of Pakistan sponsored terrorism for the last several decades. I have seen the blood and gore when multiple trains were bombed in Mumbai. I was on my way home, and could have been dead, or maimed, like than man whose leg has been blown off.

If I shower all the accolades to you for being the most balanced, composed, and politically correct participant in this thread, and accept that I am biased, would you please refrain from sermonizing others?

t_co

Are you NOT seriously playing politics by using terrorism as a strategic asset by aligning diplomatic stance with such a country to stop Indias developmental fronts?
Look, Edwina, since when has China endorsed terrorism against India?

If you want to call that 'playing politics', then the US is even more guilty of it than China is...

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
This has to Arapes not Bakis as people think.

The biggest enemy of Al-Qaeda is USA.

Pakis and ISI can do such Terror Attacks on US soil but will not do it.

Only last week was the aid increased 40%, why would ISI put the axe on its feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles