Turkey to gift 34 T-38 Trainer Jets to Pakistan

Blackwater

http://**********/attachments/n_19356_1-jpg.248595/

Two squardens, double engine, advanced super sonic trainner and free. Thank you Turkey.

Blackwater

ISLAMABAD: In a gesture of goodwill, Turkey has decided to provide 34 jet trainers to Pakistan as a gift. The Northrop T-38 Talon is a two-seat, twin-engine supersonic jet trainer and it was the world’s first supersonic trainer and also the most produced.

The T-38 remains in service as of 2015 in air forces throughout the world. The decision was conveyed by Turkish Commander of Air Force General Abidin Unal to his counterpart in Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman when they met recently.

It is likely the planes would be handed over to Pakistan before the end of the year. Highly placed sources of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) told The News here other day that the supply of 34 planes will reduce financial burden on the PAF and the planes will cater to PAF needs at least for the next 10 years.

T-38M is a modernised Turkish Air Force T-38A with full glass cockpit and avionics, upgraded by Turkish Aerospace Industries under the project. The US Air Force is using T-38M extensively and about 50,000 pilots have got training on this type of plane. One plane costs US $5.879 million as it is a US made machine that is being used world over including Nasa.

The sources said that Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman would go to Turkey to receive the gift from the Turkish Air Force. The sources said that Pakistan would keep upgrading its JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter plane which is attracting buyers world over.

Pakistan has also initiated search for the most sophisticated multi-role fifth generation plane and for the purpose Sweden, American, Turkish and some European planes are being examined. India is acquiring planes of fifth generation although it has reduced its order from 126 to 36 and that deal too is facing snags. It is expected that Pakistan would also acquire fifth generation fighter-bomber planes for its air force, the sources added.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-335269-Turkey-to-gift-Pakistan-34-jet-trainers

Sylex21

Wow a $204M gift from Turkey. I can see why Turkey might want good relations with Pakistan, but isn't this a bit overly generous? How can they afford to just give that much money away without political opposition and anyone know of any political motives behind it? Anything Turkey wants from Pakistan recently, especially badly, or some other immediate cause?

Illusive

Country flag
Wow a $204M gift from Turkey. I can see why Turkey might want good relations with Pakistan, but isn't this a bit overly generous? How can they afford to just give that much money away without political opposition and anyone know of any political motives behind it? Anything Turkey wants from Pakistan recently, especially badly, or some other immediate cause?
Maybe tutorials on how to train and deploy terrorists.

Sylex21

Maybe tutorials on how to train and deploy terrorists.
ok that was funny, lol. I was wondering if it had anything to do with their fight with ISIS. Wanted Pakistan's help, or influence in some way.

Illusive

Country flag
ok that was funny, lol. I was wondering if it had anything to do with their fight with ISIS. Wanted Pakistan's help, or influence in some way.
What else pakistan can offer, i mean no one gives anything for free or Erdagon has lost his marbles.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Flight global 2015 says Turkey has 68 T-38, and this article says they are giving away 34. That is one generous friend Bakistan has!!!! Only problem is i am not finding any article from turkey news sites about this generous gift......:confused1:

blue marlin

Tight slap on @blue marlin face who advocate pakis that they buy

:hat::hat::hat::lawl::lawl::lawl:
ohh fuk of you racist twat. i bet you priest did not tell you to speak like that, or did he ?
my opinion the jet its a waste of time . pakistan has its eyes on the t-50 from south korea. and a little birdie in Pakistan told me that if a deal were to conclude and it be a large deal, stx will build a ship yard in gwadar. but it seems unlikely due to funds. so the l15 is an option. and there are very recent reports of Pakistan looking at the yek 130. thats interesting.
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/13...stan_Could_Be_Eyeing_Russian_Yak_130_Trainers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles