Tupolev-95 Bear

sabari

Tu-95 in most cases would not even have to go out of the airspace of Russia, to bomb the living daylights out of Russian adversaries. Or perhaps Tu-95 will have to intrude, a little, for a little while, under cover of a few Sukhois with 11/12 AAMs each. That is more cover fire of highly accurate kind than what their adversaries would ever be able to stand up to. And under that overwhelming AAM superiority the Tu-95 would launch cruise missiles that have like ranges like 600km-2500km with upto 200kt 400 kg warheads. You can tie that up with our own efforts. Some years back there was talk of our scientists trying to make a 400 kgf engine. Well what can we say - a Kh55SM uses a 400kgf engine :p.

Tu-95 is just there way of fighting considering their limitations. They believe in crushing victory in near abroad and undeniable capacity in far abroad.

And they have been rather successful in their ways:
1) have held back nearly the whole world for several decades now to protect themselves
2) even while helping deal with genocidal maniacs around the world and
3) keeping colonizers busy for more than 50 years. I tell you this last act is something we Hindus will be a great beneficiary of in future.

You can make comparison checks with other big 6 countries/groups, areawise, (Russia, China, India, US, Eurozone NATO, GCC) and compare that against their respective defence budget sizes. For example we have 45 billion USD defence budget while Russians have 80+ but the Russians are protecting an airspace that is at least 5 times larger. Then see who is doing the best job of protecting their country and culture from among these 6 big countries/groups.

IIRC, Russians even have a law saying their weaponry will not be imported. It simply has to be Russian. Imagine how would India look if we could achieve something like that in India. We are still tottering but they have it already because they have never salivated for useless fluff and kept refining whatever they had.
Sir the end result is same the are similar mig21 of iaf which used number not as main steam fighter. t92 is just the fighter kept for number and limited use

Yumdoot

The law if there only signifies a good intent. It does not by itself ensures action. What really matters is action on ground.

But 4 of the big groups/countries I mentioned have - US, Euro-NATO, Russia, China. All have their R&D budget at 20% of their Defence Budget. Ours is 6% :devil:. Imagine who is holding us back.

For China even in 2002, 13 years back it was 17%+.

Just a few days back somebody had posted how PLA itself trains the engineers for their own R&D.

In India OTOH if you are a big shot in IAF you get to angle for HAL chairmanship ji.

You are a bigshot in IA you can be a permanent fixture on Undie TV or have your daughter angle for MLA ship from Chandigarh. Great visionary chaps. And in all cases you can have the defence secretary take a lot of interest in the DoB of the obtuse guy who gets in the way of this martial culture.

pmaitra

@Yumdoot, I think Subir Raha and Dalbir Singh Suhag have a more favourable attitude towards domestically made weapons.

Anyway, let's get back to Tupolev-95. So, you feel this actually serves a purpose, not by virtue of the plane itself, but by virtue of the ordnance it carries, thus keeping it at a safe distance yet allowing it to engage targets?

Yumdoot

Anyway, let's get back to Tupolev-95. So, you feel this actually serves a purpose, not by virtue of the plane itself, but by virtue of the ordnance it carries, thus keeping it at a safe distance yet allowing it to engage targets?
Not just the ord. The staying power is simply stupendous. How long can a bunch of opposing fighter remain airborne. Russians have been running their own version of Operation Chrome Dome because of this very ability.

Imagine IN with such aircrafts from near Calcutta to Indira Point and back loaded with 2500km Kh-55 with 200KT items. The distance from Andaman down south-east into Mallaca and up towards SCS region is less than 4000 km to launch zones. Tu-95 has 15000 km range. Easy fit for our own airborne triad. IAF portion of airborne triad can be curtailed to modified Su30MKI that can use a more direct approach over the Himalayas.

Tu-95 is a like a capital ship flying in the air :cool3:.

Chinese already use this kind of capability in the form of H-6, but with a much smaller platform than Tu-95. They are focused onto the US presence in SCS for the present.

gadeshi

This air craft are not fit for war .because they are not menuvarable ,noise,easy target for air defense from anti air gun to missile .that have limited application in navy and no future in air force
Tu-95MS is not a combat aircraft like an early Tu-95 were. With its new 5000km ranged Kh-101/102/105 ALCMs it's more like a flying submarine with strategic thermonuclear missiles (2MT each).

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Last edited:

apple

You haven't posted any document links, just new cold war propaganda targeted to raise finnish people hubris and self-assessment.
Post any documents, not oppinions, then we will talk about it!
But not in this topic, of course.

About PAK DA: I haven't seen any Russian official claims that had not become true, even with timeshifts.
PAK DA will not be an exception.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, I don't quite get what part of what I said you consider propaganda.

If you believe any government's official claims to always be true, we have nothing more to discuss.

This air craft are not fit for war .because they are not menuvarable ,noise,easy target for air defense from anti air gun to missile .that have limited application in navy and no future in air force
They are not meant to operate anywhere near any air defence systems. Agree with you that the Naval model (think it has a different model no.) is more useful. But, the airforce's version can still move missiles from point A) to point B) for launch

Russians even have a law saying their weaponry will not be imported. It simply has to be Russian. Imagine how would India look if we could achieve something like that in India. We are still tottering but they have it already because they have never salivated for useless fluff and kept refining whatever they had.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_amphibious_assault_ship_Vladivostok

Soon to be renamed the Cairo, or something

Yumdoot

All the people can be fooled some of the times. God only knows what the Russians were thinking when they entered into that contract. Didn't they know that the French had leaked the Exocet secrets to Britain during Falklands War? Wonder, how history never played a role in their understanding of the possible scenarios.

I doubt if the Russians have not learnt from this episode.

Wiki says this was the largest deal between the 2 countries since WW-2. Lets see how long before the next deal between the two of these.

gadeshi

@apple, you know nothing about Russia, its political situation and political fractions, their struggle and tensions.
You are using Wikipedia as an info source (which is rather stupid, especially when it comes to history or military) and you post all these stupid things without any hesitations...
2000 strategic planes have bombed Helsinki? All Soviet Strategic force had 1250 aircraft (including utility and liasion) at that time. But official documents are shit, of course...

What about to listen to moderators and go fuck out of this theme back to school and library to learn real history? And stop an offtop here, please.

apple

@apple, you know nothing about Russia, its political situation and political fractions, their struggle and tensions.
You are using Wikipedia as an info source (which is rather stupid, especially when it comes to history or military) and you post all these stupid things without any hesitations...
2000 strategic planes have bombed Helsinki? All Soviet Strategic force had 1250 aircraft (including utility and liasion) at that time. But official documents are shit, of course...

What about to listen to moderators and go fuck out of this theme back to school and library to learn real history? And stop an offtop here, please.
I know the wiki reference is correct in this case. 2,000 planes, in 3 raids, the largest being comprised of, as I indicated, 900 planes.

1,250 planes, less utility and liaison plane,s as well those being repaired, would probably leave about a force of 900 planes. Strange how my guess (and that's all it was) conforms to your new stats and rather disagrees with the claim I was objecting to that
Stalin has forbidden full-scale Helsinki bombing, reasonably decided to reach the goal by psychologic pressure with minimal casualties.
It's interesting that my random guess on history is correct, it's almost like Nordic and Russian History was my minor subject for my first degree. Oh wait, it was...

But, you just keep on believing some random government's official truth and I'll just keep reading and studying in the library.

Yumdoot

Cool down please.

I think its a difference of perception. Full-Scale bombing in Russian translates to sending 900 bombers every day for next whole year. Helsinki did not get that. So that Finnish boy lives. He should be thankful, Stalin did not chose that route.

peace.

jouni

I wonder if it is possible to infiltrate returning TU-95 fleet with our Hornets and then bomb their base when they land , like FiAF Do-17s, Ju-88s and Blenheims infiltrated returning bomb fleets after Helsinki raids at '44. Maybe trained crews and modern electronics of modernized Tu-95s would make it difficult, but not impossible.

gadeshi

I wonder if it is possible to infiltrate returning TU-95 fleet with our Hornets and then bomb their base when they land , like FiAF Do-17s, Ju-88s and Blenheims infiltrated returning bomb fleets after Helsinki raids at '44. Maybe trained crews and modern electronics of modernized Tu-95s would make it difficult, but not impossible.
Not a single chance with modern nested and dense Russian AD system with multi-level sensor fields.

gadeshi

Tu-95MSM strikes ISIS with conventional Kh-555 ALCM:

gadeshi

Another Tu-95MSM undergone modernization on Aviakor facility in Samara:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles