Trump recognizes Jerusalem as part of Israel upsetting Islamic world

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I think russia has allready recognized jerusalem as israel capital before US .Just that they have not moved there consulate in jerusalem
That is a much more subtle move than Trump’s move if you look at it carefully o_O
Russia « views West Jerusalem as capital of Israel » ...in a certain context ...

Trump, the big bull in a China shop.

« Moscow is deeply concerned about the situation in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Palestine and Israel have not held political negotiations for nearly three years, and the situation on the ground has been deteriorating.

The stalling of the Middle East peace process has created conditions for unilateral moves that undermine the potential for an internationally accepted solution to the Palestinian problem, under which two states – Israel and Palestine – could live in peace and security with each other and with their neighbours.

Moscow reaffirms its support for the two-state solution as an optimal option that meets the national interests of the Palestinian and Israeli people, both of whom have friendly relations with Russia, and the interests of all other countries in the region and the international community as a whole.

We reaffirm our commitment to the UN-approved principles for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement, which include the status of East Jerusalem as the capital of the future Palestinian state. At the same time, we must state that in this context we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel »

http://www.mid.ru/en/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/2717182

bhramos

Country flag
The Israeli fighters, under cover, disperse the crowd of Arabs participating in the riots.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/isra...-vote-in-favor-of-jerusalem-recognition-at-un

US President Donald Trump went as far as threatening funding cuts for unspecified countries as the UN General Assembly prepared to vote on condemning Washington's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

"All these nations that take our money and then vote against us at the Security Council and they vote against us potentially at the Assembly," Trump said at the White House.

"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes," he continued.

"Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care."

His stark warning echoed a letter, delivered by the office of United States Ambassador at the UN Nikki Haley, where she warned that "The president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those who voted against us".

Tomorrow's General Assembly vote will not have any binding consequences but a landslide support for the resolution could highlight, once again, how the United States are isolated on the matter of Jerusalem.

Willy2

"All these nations that take our money and then vote against us at the Security Council and they vote against us potentially at the Assembly," Trump said at the White House.

"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes," he continued.

:pound::pound::pound::pound:
I love this guy...so adorable :rofl:

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/isra...-vote-in-favor-of-jerusalem-recognition-at-un

US President Donald Trump went as far as threatening funding cuts for unspecified countries as the UN General Assembly prepared to vote on condemning Washington's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

His stark warning echoed a letter, delivered by the office of United States Ambassador at the UN Nikki Haley, where she warned that "The president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those who voted against us".

Tomorrow's General Assembly vote will not have any binding consequences but a landslide support for the resolution could highlight, once again, how the United States are isolated on the matter of Jerusalem.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
ISRAEL TO FORMALLY ANNOUNCE WITHDRAWAL FROM UNESCO
2 minute read.
By EYTAN HALON
A general view of the UNESCO headquarters in Paris (photo credit: REUTERS)
Israel signaled its intention to leave the education, scientific and cultural body in October, hours after the US announced its withdrawal.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed Israel's ambassador to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) on Friday to submit a formal letter to the organization's director-general announcing Israel's departure from the UN body.

"The letter will be submitted by Ambassador Carmel Sharma-Hacohen in the coming days, certainly before the end of the year," said Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Emmanuel Nahshon.

The UNESCO constitution holds that a country's withdrawal from the organization takes effect on 31 December of the year following that during which the notice was given. Accordingly, Israel's departure will become effective on 31 December 2018.
Israel signaled its intention to leave the body in October, hours after the US announced its withdrawal. Netanyahu praised the American declaration, calling it "a brave and moral decision, because UNESCO has become the theater of the absurd and because instead of preserving history, it distorts it."

The US listed "concerns with mounting arrears at UNESCO, the need for fundamental reform in the organization, and continuing anti-Israel bias at UNESCO," as reasons for its departure.

Then-director-general of UNESCO Irina Bokova expressed "profound regret" at the decision. Bokova was succeeded last month by Audrey Azoulay, France's former culture minister, who became the first Jewish head of the agency.

This is big. :devil:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Trump's tantrums can give China a chance to take center-stage. Someone impeach this arrogant prick. (Not that I have anything against Israel, but I would rather like it if our foreign policy is not overcomplicated by a "Big bull in a China shop")

Kyubi

Country flag
Trump's tantrums can give China a chance to take center-stage. Someone impeach this arrogant prick. (Not that I have anything against Israel, but I would rather like it if our foreign policy is not overcomplicated by a "Big bull in a China shop")
exactly my thoughts , the Trump and Haley combo rhetoric echoes similar to Colin Powel and Bush when they wanted to invade Iraq. These de stabilizing moves will surely affect USA's image and China is gonna use this moment to spring board a more broader and a well defined diplomacy within UNSC , highlighting US misadventures in the past and its diplomatic failure on many fronts, i believe it's gonna reap short term benefits before US finds in bearings in the commity of nation. By the same yard stick China would have influenced significant nations to support it when pakistan is bought to the table by India. I am sure India will be at loggerheads but the end result is it's gonna get nothing but a pat on the back for having fought valiantly to frame PAK and its nefarious activities.

Willy2

EU have bigger chance than bully China , those cowards decided to send soldier to china and then withdraw.
specially after removal of US agent in EU (UK) now EU have better chance to act independently and restore the power centre in western europe again .

Adioz

EU have bigger chance than bully China , those cowards decided to send soldier to china and then withdraw.
specially after removal of US agent in EU (UK) now EU have better chance to act independently and restore the power centre in western europe again .
EU is far from united. PRC has a top-down model and ruled with an Iron hand of CCP. EU will take years to decide on one small matter, and PRC will takes a day. China is the nation that wants to grasp top-stage. EU is not interested in taking the top, they are happy being a lieutenant: be it to the USA or to the Chinese.

Kyubi

Country flag
EU is far from united. PRC has a top-down model and ruled with an Iron hand of CCP. EU will take years to decide on one small matter, and PRC will takes a day. China is the nation that wants to grasp top-stage. EU is not interested in taking the top, they are happy being a lieutenant: be it to the USA or to the Chinese.
Worst aspect of this presumption is that pakistan is going to be at the forefront (although as a vassal state of China ) in the decision making , it will have greater leverage with the backing of china and its newely acquired political clout , Any move by our Indian side will be countered by china/ pakistan while US and EU will offer nothing more than Lip service. Russia will abstain as it needs China again for its dwindling Economy.

Agha Shahi a Pakistani diplomat for china had orchestrated a maneouver by which China was able to join UN, this was during 1971-72 i guess. Hence the unconditional support of China to pakistan is seen since ages and India needs to circumvent by engaging with the US , but India holds a long standing skepticism over US admisnistration, so India stands to loose not much but significant enough to have us continue fighting Kashmir insurgency which will continue unabatedly and we have to keep balking at every instance when chinese thwart our efforts to point PAK as a conspirator to the unrest in kashmir.

By the way Agha Shahi was born in Bangalore, studied & taugh at IISc, before joing Indian civil services where he excelled . he then left for Pakistan in 1947 and the rest is history.

Don't understand what our Mandarins in the External Affairs Ministry are doing. madam sushma swaraj is running a Bhagwa Rang Red Cross for Pakistan and she is issuing visas to them left right and centre. Dont know whats the motive behind this.

I guess i digressed way too much from the topic. lets get back to Trump and his hysteria !!

Last edited:

Willy2

Thats a point , but after Srilanka,kenya and now pakistan falling on it's dead trap and india is hell bound to expose CPEC/OBOR , I think nation now not going to take them as messiah, and though US position weaken ,Trump is't going to stay forever , maximum 7 more year ...Also as I mention the Syrian incident , it's shows their hesitation to take center-stage in conflicts , Only economically strong Russia can decisively replace reduce US influence ..but she itself in tough condition

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Worst aspect of this presumption is that pakistan is going to be at the forefront (although as a vassal state of China ) in the decision making , it will have greater leverage with the backing of china and its newely acquired political clout , Any move by our Indian side will be countered by china/ pakistan while US and EU will offer nothing more than Lip service. Russia will abstain as it needs China again for its dwindling Economy.

Agha Shahi a Pakistani diplomat for china had orchestrated a maneouver by which China was able to join UN, this was during 1971-72 i guess. Hence the unconditional support of China to pakistan is seen since ages and India needs to circumvent by engaging with the US , but India holds a long standing skepticism over US admisnistration, so India stands to loose not much but significant enough to have us continue fighting Kashmir insurgency which will continue unabatedly and we have to keep balking at every instance when chinese thwart our efforts to point PAK as a conspirator to the unrest in kashmir.

By the way Agha Shahi was born in Bangalore, studied & taugh at IISc, before joing Indian civil services where he excelled . he then left for Pakistan in 1947 and the rest is history.

Don't understand what our Mandarins in the External Affairs Ministry are doing. madam sushma swaraj is running a Bhagwa Rang Red Cross for Pakistan and she is issuing visas to them left right and centre. Dont know whats the motive behind this.

I guess i digressed way too much from the topic. lets get back to Trump and his hysteria !!
I think on the medical visas part we are doing right.since Modi came we actually reduced the no of visas in absolute by much.

The only thing is we announced aloud those times we did allow.

So it is like reducing the effect while gaining the diplomatic points.

There is an article in dawn about this with numbers recently.

Kyubi

Country flag
Thats a point , but after Srilanka,kenya and now pakistan falling on it's dead trap and india is hell bound to expose CPEC/OBOR , I think nation now not going to take them as messiah, and though US position weaken ,Trump is't going to stay forever , maximum 7 more year ...Also as I mention the Syrian incident , it's shows their hesitation to take center-stage in conflicts , Only economically strong Russia can decisively replace reduce US influence ..but she itself in tough condition
For Russia to be economically strong , it needs China even more. and economic deals are not without a caveat. Russia will be asked to step up by China when the need comes and i am sure Putin despite his Hawkish exposure is sure to accede to such demands, that is still detrimental to India. Either way China is gonna be the key here , its gonna shore up its diplomacy in such a way that US is gonna be cornered,

Trump with his latest trick to recognize jerusalem will hold no water as it was a overture to placate the strong Jewish Lobby within the administration, ultimately its gonna peter down in months to come.

Adioz

My confidence in our abilities to derail OBOR took a hit when the Japanese sided with the Chinese and stated that they will contribute to the project.

I agree that PRC is a bit hesitant in taking centerstage in conflicts, but that is because they want to enhance their economic influence first. To them, fighting a war is the last possible option, and all this military muscle is better used as a deterrence/propaganda tool to serve foreign policy goals without actually engaging the enemy. They will take centerstage by economic initiatives and will not usurp Amercian hegemony using military might. They cannot let their reputation beyond SCS countries take a hit.

Willy2

My confidence in our abilities to derail OBOR took a hit when the Japanese sided with the Chinese and stated that they will contribute to the project.

I agree that PRC is a bit hesitant in taking centerstage in conflicts, but that is because they want to enhance their economic influence first. To them, fighting a war is the last possible option, and all this military muscle is better used as a deterrence/propaganda tool to serve foreign policy goals without actually engaging the enemy. They will take centerstage by economic initiatives and will not usurp Amercian hegemony using military might. They cannot let their reputation beyond SCS countries take a hit.
I think without military initiative they can never project softpower properly ,and without dominating softpower no one can be a superpower...CCP already damage many aspect of Chinese culture ,though Kungfu have a worldwide appel along with Panda and "Chinese new year" also might be a future cultural weapon ...but I don't see any sign of Chinese toppling Western cultural influence , rather they are surrendering to it ...and without military dominance ,only economical power can never be as effective as expected.
Though I think China is nearest of anything that can give US some fight , but it need Russias former USSR network of military and strategic allience to counter US fully , but it would carry similar weakness what EU carry ..different nation , different interest .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles