Tragic Tale of a Pakistani Vegetarian

Rage

DFI TEAM
I cannot tell you how much more wrong you could be. Let's get a few things straight.

1. There are no 'scientific' studies comparing the "health-quotients" of vegetarians vs. non-vegetarians. There are only meta-narratives constructed from observational studies, where population groups in these observational studies are random but uncontrolled. Furthermore, the population groups of vegetarian eaters in western countries where these studies are usually conducted, are usually composed of meat-eaters who have converted to vegetarianism, thereby seriously discrediting the findings of these studies. Since these individuals have lived a majority of their growth years as non-vegetarians.

2. There is no serious 'scientific' study, simply because to come up with a valid scientific conclusion, you'd have to take the same person, with the same body type, genealogy, inception, cultural factors, life experiences, metabolic activity, physio-psychological routine and various other indenting factors and live his life as both a vegetarian and a non-vegetarian. That is nigh impossible!

3. Genes or Genetics play the determining role in setting the limits and the articulation of human form. Make no mistake about that!

4. Genetic potential is defined by your genes alone, again make no mistake about that, but reaching genetic potential is purely defined by your activity, diet and motivation.

5. Health is about improving physiological function to the limits of genetic potential. Exercise is simply setting yourself a challenging task to improve physiological function with the goal of eventually tending to the limits of that genetic potential. Everybody's goal should be to be healthy, doesn't matter if your an Olympic runner or not, even though one would never reach the limits of his genetic potential in his lifetime. Nobody's goal should be, to sit on their arse and fart all day*.

6. On the matter of flatulence, Gujaratis have the most nefarious of flatulence among the entire Indian community. That is a fact, many will assert through experience. And they're almost totally vegetarian!

7. Your own family genetics are an exception, not the rule. They do not speak for the majority of vegetarian, or almost-vegetarian, Indians who are protein-deficient, lethargic in activity compared to other meat-eating developing-nation inhabitants, and either anaemic or obese depending upon the level of oil/saturated fat they consume. Do not generalize by analogy!

8. It is protein that builds muscle, protein that composes branched chain and other amino acids, protein that forms enzymes that regulate body functions, protein that forms haemoglobin or red blood copuscles, protein that constitutes antibodies in the body's Immune system, protein that forms cell membranes or cell walls and protein that spurs growth and does cell repair. Muscles are needed for everything from displacing objects to moving one's self, enzymes and nucleic acids are needed for everything from regulating body function to protecting against infections, and haemoglobin for keeping the body alive through regulating blood supply! Protein origin cells, which are simply composed of Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen are the second largest constituent in the body, after Water. And we discount the function of this essential nutrient! Science is science. There's nothing that can dispute that. Meat is a genetically, constitutively and indisputably superior source of protein than vegetables. Vegetables are a classifiably Grade-II carbohydrate-rich protein-poor source of food.

9. I guarantee you, if you were to live your life again, consuming high-protein sources such as fish and meat, for the same level of physical activity, you'd be incredibly fitter, happier, well regulated and less susceptible to infectious diseases. I can stake my life on that. I am a professionally qualified nutritionist and fitness consultant.

There is no scientific studies which tells a meat eater are at advantage over non meat eaters. This should end all the debate.

Genes or genetics as they are the only answer to all obesity questions. My Internal medicine professor used tell us that for a healthy life one needs Good genes, Good exercise and Good luck :). He never talked about good meat/food.

Its all about thresholds meats may enhance performance for professionals fighting for an edge over other players but to train as an athlete is totally another science as well.

I would eat meat if I have to run for Olympic medal, I wouldn't eat it if I have to sit Ideal on my ass and fart all the day. I would prefer a guilt free and risk free vegetarian diet any given day to live like an ordinary person not athlete. My grand father was a wrestler who died at the age of 94 because of dilated cardiomyopathy i.e he lived his life using maximum of what he had inside without eating meat ever.

You should try pure balanced vegetarian diet then see the difference or claim if its going to Improve the performance or not. Since I have lived a life of a vegetarian so I would disagree with you that I am not proving a point.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I guess eating the flesh of animals would be a necessity in places where plants and fruits are not available, such as in desert regions, colder regions where winter kills all vegetation etc. In India vegetarianism might have come about due to our equable weather wherein we have vegetables and fruits throughout the year in most parts.

Vegetarianism is definitely good for Mother Earth as it is less wasteful of natural resources to grow grains, fruit and veggies than beef and other livestock.
Indefatigably wrong!

The population of cattle in India alone, is verifiably evidence enough to disprove that fact.

Plants and animals are all part of the natural cycle. And it is natural for man to eat animals. Since the same C-H-O-N cells that constitute animals are present in man. It is also natural for man to eat plants. But the dietary restriction on consumption of animals is purely a religious and,or cultural one not a scientific one. For plants too, have life, breathe, reproduce and feel. So, how do you discount them as opposed to animals? Merely, because you cannot see an animate sense of pain. Or, as in the Hindu tradition, because cattle once constituted a form of currency.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles