Tragic Tale of a Pakistani Vegetarian

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
One should have both because it is balanced diet rather than only eating vegetables or meat.

i have seen bengalis claiming to be pure vegetarians and then feasting on fish :rofl:
The blogger has presented his problem which appears to be worse than America where they give a beef as part of Veg burger and while flying you got to specify that you are Asian vegetarian !!

At least one gets vegetables and dal in Pakistan and Roties are not flavoured with meat.
There are different definitions evolved of Vegetarianism.In India it often includes eating eggs(Eggetarian) and in some countries eating fish is included in it as well(Pescatarian)

Nagraj

Forget being born on wrong side of border or even religion.
i am only vegetarian in my family. it's really hard to explain to even my family member i hate the idea of putting somthing down my throat which had a heart pumping blood to his brains and must have struggled to keep himself alive.
:scared2::scared2:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Forget being born on wrong side of border or even religion.
i am only vegetarian in my family. it's really hard to explain to even my family member i hate the idea of putting somthing down my throat which had a heart pumping blood to his brains and must have struggled to keep himself alive.
:scared2::scared2:
I know many of those personally.Always decide what you want to eat and not how others force you to eat with the rhetoric reasons holding not much weight.

amoy

Then vegetarians shall like this city with lots of Veg. restaurants. Many here believe Veg. foods are good for health while some out of religious belief

One problem may be Veg. diets may not supply sufficient calorie?!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The blogger has presented his problem which appears to be worse than America where they give a beef as part of Veg burger and while flying you got to specify that you are Asian vegetarian !!

At least one gets vegetables and dal in Pakistan and Roties are not flavoured with meat.
Mr. Bhadra in Lahore as in rest of Pakistan, no sabzi or dal is served without meat floating in it. Musalman bhai can attest to that.

==
@ Ohimalaya,
Shanghai has some very fine vegetarian restaurants.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Mr. Bhadra in Lahore as in rest of Pakistan, no sabzi or dal is served without meat floating in it. Musalman bhai can attest to that.

==
@ Ohimalaya,
Shanghai has some very fine vegetarian restaurants.
No that's not true!

1) Dal and Subzi does not necessarily have meat in it; I can assure you that, never heard or seen a pakis putting meat in Dal (I hv known a few and I know how they take Dal and Sabzi)

2) In pakistan not all can afford non-veg.

Iamanidiot

No that's not true!

1) Dal and Subzi does not necessarily have meat in it; I can assure you that, never heard or seen a pakis putting meat in Dal (I hv known a few and I know how they take Dal and Sabzi)

beef is cheap and Pakistanis really can't cook seen that in UK

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No that's not true!

1) My friends, family and acquaintances have all attested to the contrary. In fact one friend was in Lahore just last month.

2) I am talking about restaurants specifically.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
That must be some other dish.

Never heard of mutton in dal! only a fool would do that.

Iamanidiot

Mutton dalcha with Bagra is great to eat or the parsi dhansakk.In my house we make a dal with goat blood ,intestines,raw mango and neck meat as componenets tastes divine

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Then vegetarians shall like this city with lots of Veg. restaurants. Many here believe Veg. foods are good for health while some out of religious belief

One problem may be Veg. diets may not supply sufficient calorie?!
One myth associated with veg food is "insufficient calorie and weight loss" but that's not completely true.Often veggi in taken as eating grass type of things(mostly in foreign countries) but in India the veggi food has a vast choices and has enough calories and nutrition.No wonder the biggest % of veggies is perhaps still in India.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I am a vegetation who learnt Taekwondo after matriculation for 2-3 years, has professional qualification from both India and overseas, doing highest end job, runs-jog 3 miles a day, swim 200 meters 3 heats freestyle, 50 meter, back and butterfly stroke 1-2 heat on weekends, 5,11' tall with strong body and great stable married life. Never ate meat, egg, fish, drank wine/whiskey, cigarette at all. All blood parameter normal, long curly hairs and healthy skin. My all younger brothers are vegetarian and all are taller than me.

I mean what advantage a non-vegetarian would have upon me, would like to try Hand wrestling, anyone ? Bring it on.

PS: Sorry for boastful rant but I felt like busting some myths.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Why are you clubbing together NV food with Liquor and cigarettes?:confused:
I have my own myths about non-vegetarians I reckon non-veg and Liquor/Cigarettes goes together, I may be wrong.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
One myth associated with veg food is "insufficient calorie and weight loss" but that's not completely true.Often veggi in taken as eating grass type of things(mostly in foreign countries) but in India the veggi food has a vast choices and has enough calories and nutrition.No wonder the biggest % of veggies is perhaps still in India.
Most of the Indian diabetics are vegetarian

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I am a vegetation who learnt Taekwondo after matriculation for 2-3 years, has professional qualification from both India and overseas, doing highest end job, runs-jog 3 miles a day, swim 200 meters 3 heats freestyle, 50 meter, back and butterfly stroke 1-2 heat on weekends, 5,11' tall with strong body and great stable married life. Never ate meat, egg, fish, drank wine/whiskey, cigarette at all. All blood parameter normal, long curly hairs and healthy skin. My all younger brothers are vegetarian and all are taller than me.

I mean what advantage a non-vegetarian would have upon me, would like to try Hand wrestling, anyone ? Bring it on.
Something similar here except eggs ... my vital stats(like physical strength,size and hemoglobin etc etc internal stuff) is on par and even better than lot of my professional powerlifters and bodybuilder friends.They all suspect I am a hardcore non-veggi :lol:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

why ? ? :confused:

As I said Pakistanis can't make decent vegetarian dishes. For them imho Dal is not a centerpiece, unlike here where Dal Makhani plays an anchor role.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles