Tracking Indian Economy till general elections 2019

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I might be wrong, but if we consider the fact that our GDP has grown in the meantime. Had there been no DeMo, the amount of money in circulation would have risen above the amount of money in circulation pre-DeMo. So even if we have reached 99% of DeMo levels today, we are much below the amount we would have had in circulation had there been no DeMo.
Could it be that the current levels of circulation is roughly 70% of what would have been in circulation had there been no DeMo?
Dude, stop thinking like a commietard/bhakthard. The same result could have been achieved just by temporarily halting the printing of new notes as the economy expanded. In simple terms, the Govt could have ordered the RBI to just print notes for rplaement of bad notes and that itself would have reduced the circulating the notes as % economy to level the govt supposedly targetted. So what was the need for the massive demonetisation exercise, which has effectively lowered our GDP growth by 2% for past year and 1.5% for the present year and 1% for all future years to come before the recovery?

BTW, this theory that circulating cash is somehow bad for the economy is itself bogus. Otherwise, USA wouldnt be the biggest superpower in the world, considering how much of its currency circulates worldwide with no problem(even though this is not a apples to apples comparison)

Craigs

Country flag
Your argument had nothing but insults in itself. You dint refute shit in your argument. Shitty arguments deserve a shitty response. This is what you said-
"For those who don't want to wake up it is difficult to convince them it is already time to open eyes."

Can you please educate us what the fuck you were refuting with this great "argument" of yours:rolleyes:
Again vituperative language as I said you don't have an argument.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Again vituperative language as I said you don't have an argument.
:pound:You dont live in India, You dint experience demonetisation first hand. You dont have answer to the question as to what did demonetisation even achieve and I am the one who doesnt have an argument? You are a funny dude. No wonder you have to flee to USA for your earnings:lol:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Dude, stop thinking like a commietard/bhakthard.
Dude, stop accusing me wildly out of the blue. I am not trying to get in the "was DeMo a good idea or not" debate. I am simply trying to ascertain if the government has indeed decided to increase the amount of money in circulation back to pre-DeMo levels or if the initial plan of a reduced cash supply post-DeMo still stands, because as far as I can tell, it does.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nominal GDP has risen by about 15 lakh crores since Nov 2016, you are saying cash is yet to reach Nov 16 levels. That would mean RBI has kept circulation low in comparison to pre-demo days.
I am saying that the govt could have temporarily halted the production of new notes till the nominal economy grw to present levels and we would have been better off . There was no need for demonetisation even if the reduction of circulating currency was the objective of the government. Is that clear now?

@Adioz

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude, stop accusing me wildly out of the blue. I am not trying to get in the "was DeMo a good idea or not" debate. I am simply trying to ascertain if the government has indeed decided to increase the amount of money in circulation back to pre-DeMo levels or if the initial plan of a reduced cash supply post-DeMo still stands, because as far as I can tell, it does.
Again, it could have been done without demonetisation, yes or not?

Just halting the production of new notes would have achieved it yes? There was no need for the sudden disruption and chaos introduced by demonetisation yes?

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Problem is only with crypto commies who think everybody except them are crypto commies.
Demonetisation was a commie idea through and through. It was the commie turds and leftards who were dreaming about it in movies, tv shows and discussions until BJP introduced it and showed it to be the brainfart of an idea it was. Sorry that you belong to that category of brilliant minds which still think demonetisation was/is a good idea

Craigs

Country flag
:pound:You dont live in India, You dint experience demonetisation first hand. You dont have answer to the question as to what did demonetisation even achieve and I am the one who doesnt have an argument? You are a funny dude. No wonder you have to flee to USA for your earnings:lol:
Don't be jealous of where my earnings are coming from.

Even if I was in India, I would not experience it much since from the days I was in India I had already started using electronic transactions never had to touch Rs 500/ Rs 1000 notes only smaller denoms for small transactions.

People have started forgetting that demon only applied for Rs500/Rs1000 notes. Smaller denoms were fine.

Craigs

Country flag

Just halting the production of new notes would have achieved it yes? There was no need for the sudden disruption and chaos introduced by demonetisation yes?
Doing it this way restrained the pain to 1 or 2 qtrs only. So the way it was done was absolutely fine.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

I love how triggered you are right now. :laugh:
You say that there was no need for DeMo if the objective was simply to reduce cash supply. That could have been achieved simply by withholding printing of new currency. I agree. BUTTT.

But the objective of DeMo was not to solely reduce cash supply. Again, I am not trying to get in the DeMo: good or bad debate here. I am not a NaMo bhakt. I am a BharatBhakt.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't be jealous of where my earnings are coming from.
Why should I be jealous of a slave to a white man. You be happy about earning your money by working for a white man, but dont think everyone is as pathetic as you
Even if I was in India, I would not experience it much since from the days I was in India I had already started using electronic transactions never had to touch Rs 500/ Rs 1000 notes only smaller denoms for small transactions.
Which again only says why you dont have any right to talk about demonetisation. It hit the poorest and the most vulnerable of the Indian population, the ones which dint have the luxury of cleaning white man's toilets and drive their cabs for earning money in lakhs, spend in credit cards. I am talking about what the average indian, who until then will have never heard of credit card had to suffer through to get even basic amenities for his life

People have started forgetting that demon only applied for Rs500/Rs1000 notes. Smaller denoms were fine.
Yes, poor people dint have any 500/1000 rupees notes. Thats why they were very happy about demonetisation:bplease:

Craigs

Country flag
Why should I be jealous of a slave to a white man. You be happy about earning your money by working for a white man, but dont think everyone is as pathetic as you

Which again only says why you dont have any right to talk about demonetisation. It hit the poorest and the most vulnerable of the Indian population, the ones which dint have the luxury of cleaning white man's toilets and drive their cabs for earning money in lakhs, spend in credit cards. I am talking about what the average indian, who until then will have never heard of credit card had to suffer through to get even basic amenities for his life

Yes, poor people dint have any 500/1000 rupees notes. Thats why they were very happy about demonetisation:bplease:
Yes, poor people were very happy about demon. Hence, the UP state election results.

Also, for 10 yrs all of India was a slave to a fascist white woman. I am glad I was not there to experience that.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Doing it this way restrained the pain to 1 or 2 qtrs only. So the way it was done was absolutely fine.
Yes, for bhaktards, falling of GDP growth from projected 8-8.5% in pre-demonetisation levels to current 6.5-7% is aboslutely fine. You trash areas bad as the congi scum you replaced.India is screwed:tsk:

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But the objective of DeMo was not to solely reduce cash supply.
Yes, it was to achieve the inclusive growth which congi trash talk about whenever the economic growth slumps to 5% in their rule. It achieved it pretty well:lol:

Craigs

Country flag
Yes, for bhaktards, falling of GDP growth from projected 8-8.5% in pre-demonetisation levels to current 6.5-7% is aboslutely fine. You trash areas bad as the congi scum you replaced.India is screwed:tsk:
Again with 'projected' figures. Those who believe in 'projections' deserve to get shafted.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, wait for a year or two and the currency levels as a % of GDP will be back to UPA levels if the current trends are any indication, negating even the lame excuse the bhakhs come up with now :truestory:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am saying that the govt could have temporarily halted the production of new notes till the nominal economy grw to present levels and we would have been better off . There was no need for demonetisation even if the reduction of circulating currency was the objective of the government. Is that clear now?

@Adioz
Thanks to bad press created by Rajdeep and his ilk, Govt couldn't have continued to keep cash levels down.
anyways demo story is over now. almost every body got what they wanted from demo.

1. Congis and their ilk got a stick to beat modi with.
  2. Modi solidified his reputation as a person who takes risks.
  3. Demo sucked out all election money before UP elections from SP and BSP.
  4. Banks who used to say they don't have monies got plenty in their reserves.
  5. Major ministries like power and transport, got big loans for infra projects from banks using the demo deposited currency.
  6. You got one more reason to hate modi.
  7. I got to witness first hand that a major economy like india withstood such a shock. Frankly i didn't expect people to support demo and i was expecting riots.
I am sure more can be added to this list.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Again with 'projected' figures. Those who believe in 'projections' deserve to get shafted.
Yes, The actual growth was/is/will be actually lower than the projected levels(usually about 0.3-0.5% lower), something which is not actually in your argument's favor:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles