Totalitarian Rule in America - The Other Side of American (Wet) Dream

ladder

Country flag
Re: Totalitarian Rule in America - The Other Side of American (Wet) Dr

Don't believe you, and for the sake of your own safety don't wont to believe you, that police can't conduct cavity searches in India.

Not sure why you're proud about your media being so hyper-sensitive. In that way, India reminds me of the Middle East and Russia with the same, to quote you "us vs. them", victim mentality and, what basically amounts to, small mindedness.

That's the basis of this whole thread, poking your noses into our people's business.

For nationalities that aren't as hyper-sensitive as Indians, your press writing "revenge" stories just make your countrymen look like 4 year olds.
Why are you surprised? I think Australian police also don't have the permission to cavity search, they can only strip search. Australian police working at customs section can do so with written consent.

But, then I am replying to apple.

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned

I have cautioned you to be more gentlemanly in your proclamations.

What do you mean by 'Let me know when that is changed, maybe I will consider you humans.' ?

I am afraid a man who cannot be civilised is not actually a human.

Animals are not societal or civilised.

I am letting your post stand to show how low one can stoop to show false pride.

Now take a break and go on a sabbatical for a few days.
Nothing, I have said is against the Indian (Hindu) culture or against what Guru Sahib has said. https://archive.org/details/MuktinamaBhaiSahibSingh

Or what Chankya Acharya said: That 1 melech is dirtier than 1000 chandal (sons of prostitutes)

A man without dharam, is regarded as an animal (jaanvar) in Hindu (Indian/Vedic) Philosophy.

Maybe you should educate yourself, before you try to push your 'secularism (sickular)' on a Jatt Sikh.

VJKVJF||

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Nothing, I have said is against the Indian (Hindu) culture or against what Guru Sahib has said. https://archive.org/details/MuktinamaBhaiSahibSingh

Or what Chankya Acharya said: That 1 melech is dirtier than 1000 chandal (sons of prostitutes)

A man without dharam, is regarded as an animal (jaanvar) in Hindu (Indian/Vedic) Philosophy.

Maybe you should educate yourself, before you try to push your 'secularism (sickular)' on a Jatt Sikh.

VJKVJF||
What exactly did you mean by - Let me know when that is changed, maybe I will consider you humans.' ?

Are you suggesting that they are not human beings?

It has nothing to do with secularism for which you were warned. It is just the uncouth and uncivilised manner in which you present your thoughts.

It does not matter a sausage if your are a Jat Sikh, a Bhapa, a Ramgaria or Ramdasia or Sansi or Labhaba or Mazabhi or whatever.

It is mere gentlemanly behaviour that is necessary and language of a correctly groomed individual.

Could you guide us to the relevant piece of Vedic philosophy where this is stated.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

McCarthyism comes to mind when one find the psycho suggestion that Communism lurks everywhere and anywhere in the West.

sgarg

The Russia is most aggressive country nowadays, USA can't even respond properly to Russian actions. Take Ukraine for example. Russians deploy their tanks in and out freely, and all americans can do is to promise they think about giving weapons to Ukraine.
Why do you think USA should respond to Russia's actions??

sgarg

There is no sign of a totalitarian rule in USA yet, but it can happen.

The power and wealth is concentrated in few hands in USA, so such an event can easily happen.

I feel that USA is a different country inside and outside. USA is very aggressive in its foreign policy. The completely useless war of Vietnam is testimonial to this.

Recent history has Yugoslavia, Iraq and Libya - all unnecessary wars.

Prometheus

There is no sign of a totalitarian rule in USA yet, but it can happen.

The power and wealth is concentrated in few hands in USA, so such an event can easily happen.

I feel that USA is a different country inside and outside. USA is very aggressive in its foreign policy. The completely useless war of Vietnam is testimonial to this.

Recent history has Yugoslavia, Iraq and Libya - all unnecessary wars.
Dude please watch this documentary:

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Please stick to the topic. Read the thread title before posting. Anyone derailing the thread will face action.

ladder

Country flag

Please stick to the topic. Read the thread title before posting. Anyone derailing the thread will face action.
I would like to create a separate thread for it. ( If possible)

Last edited:

pmaitra

I would like to create a separate thread for it.
PM me the thread title and I will create it for you.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@apple,

It is not revenge stories, but merely showing you the mirror that your (western and surrogates) pompous morality is but a fraud on everyone.

sorcerer

Country flag

American Sniper: Racist Propaganda and American Empire

The film version of American Sniper has grossed over $300 million at the US box office, making it the most profitable piece of pro-war propaganda in the history of American cinema.

Since the release of American Sniper, it has either been praised for its patriotic (nationalist) overtones or has been ridiculed for distorting the reality of so-called "War on Terror." The film is based on the bestselling autobiography of Chris Kyle, a man who had a talent for telling tall tales and bragging about his 160 confirmed kills (though he claimed the death toll is closer to 255). The public support for Kyle's actions and attitudes reveal how racial prejudices are manipulated in times of war.

Kyle's autobiography, co-written by Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice, was published in 2013. Although the book has been placed under scrutiny by various journalists for its factual accuracy (or lack thereof), it provides a fascinating glimpse into the mind of a soldier that is quite similar to many others who served in the American military in the Middle East. He gleefully boasted about his kills, deluding himself to the point where he forgot he was killing human beings. "Just because war is hell," he writes, "doesn't mean you can't have a little fun."

The dehumanization of entire populations is used in boosting public support to carry out imperialist objectives. With the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, pundits and news networks made stereotypes out of Muslims by portraying them as violent fanatics and suicide-bombers. In the toxic atmosphere created in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, Americans were conditioned on a daily basis to fear darker-skinned people, especially if they had Arabic names.

Pro-war conservatives in the corridors of power, who often morally justify wars that are not morally justifiable, like to point to such Kyle gems as his self-righteousness take on Islam, "Isn't religion supposed to teach tolerance?" Passages like this are countered by statements like, "I don't shoot people with Korans—I'd like to, but I don't."

American Sniper filmmakers, particularly lead actor Bradley Cooper and director Clinton Eastwood, have defended the film as "apolitical." The lack of Muslim characters with depth or humanity in the film demonstrates the contrary. As described by Abed Ayoub and Khaled A Beydoun, writing for Al-Jazeera, "Redeploying age-old Orientalist images, the film's Iraqis are thinly constructed foes of the democratic and divine – who must be methodically gunned down for both God and country. A belief, in the US today, that is far more fact than fiction."

Such perceptions were evident with Kyle, in both interviews and in his own writings. "I hate the damn savages," he writes. "I couldn't give a flying f**k about the Iraqis." Although he has been criticized posthumously for his choice of words and general attitude against Iraqis (among other things), it is far from being scarce among US soldiers.

Take the following passage from another American soldier: "The scene reminded me of the shooting of jack-rabbits in Utah, only the rabbits sometimes got away, but the insurgents did not." This would appear to be written by a current American soldier, maybe one who enjoys hunting, watching action films and going to rodeo shows like Kyle did. But this letter excerpt was written by Fred D. Sweet over 116 years ago.

The letter was published by the Anti-Imperialist League in their 1899 pamphlet entitled Soldiers Letters: Being Materials for a History of a War of Criminal Aggression. This pamphlet contained numerous excerpts from letters written by US soldiers who were stationed in the Philippines during the Spanish-American War, which started in 1898.

During US President William McKinley and Vice President Theodore Roosevelt's reelection bid in 1900, the campaign against Spain was justified with the following phrase: "The American Flag has not been planted in foreign soil to acquire more territory but for humanity's sake."

US leaders are still declaring wars that are allegedly "for humanity's sake" but are really for the sake of war profiteers and their allies.

History books, for the most part, have often failed to explore the racist attitudes of McKinley and Roosevelt. Their views were partially based on the theories of early eugenics and Social Darwinism that suited elitists like themselves. They believed that the Anglo-Saxon race was superior to all others and its strongest disciples had every right to inherit the world through conquest. This was evident in their ambitions to fly the America Eagle over foreign territories, directing it to dig its talons into these lands and fly away with stolen treasures.

Art is an effective conduit for portraying war as a noble cause to unite the masses in a common struggle. British author Rudyard Kipling is perhaps best-known as "the poet of the British Empire." He penned "The White Man's Burden," a racist poem published in McClure's magazine in 1899. The poem caused a stir for glorifying America's involvement in the Philippines. References of "sullen peoples" as "half devil and half-child" fall in line with the stereotypes depicting people in undeveloped parts of the world as "savages." Kipling writes that it is the duty, nay the "burden," of white men from "civilized nations" to bring the Filipinos up from their "lowly" status.

Racial hatred combined with military force has been common with every war since the close of the 19th Century. The terms "savages" and "heathens" are used in many of the letters published by the Anti-Imperialist League, reflecting the hostility of troops sent over to the Philippines between 1898 and 1905. The Filipinos were often called "Pacific Negroes" or simply "n***ers." Journalist H.L. Wells writes, "There is no question that our men do 'shoot n***ers' somewhat in the sporting spirit."

"Most national myths, at their core, are racist," writes Chris Hedges in his 2002 book War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning. Even though the racist attitudes of the early 20th Century are not as prevalent as they once were in American society, they still exist and US leaders know how to play on fear and ignorance in order to get what they want.

Soldiers are trained to accept these perceptions as true, making their duties easier when confronted with violent situations. This mentality is still alive in the 21st Century. Today such terms would be applied to Muslims and Arabs, including modern terms like "raghead" and "sand n***er." Once American Sniper hit theaters, some people once again fell under a dark spell, one that never truly lost its power. People flocked to social media outlets and posted statements like "Nice to see a movie where the Arabs are portrayed for who they really are—vermin scum intent on destroying us." In more extreme cases, some said the film "makes me wanna go shoot some f**kin Arabs."

The epidemic of "yellow journalism" under the control of moguls like William Randolph Hearst was the equivalent of today's 24-hour cable news networks in whipping up fear and hatred against the people of "enemy nations." For Hearst, a war against Spain meant selling more newspapers and increasing his personal fortunes. Also, it would give him positive publicity and the image of patriotism that would help fuel his failed political career.

As reported by PBS.org: "Today, historians point to the Spanish-American War as the first press-driven war. Although it may be an exaggeration to claim that Hearst and the other yellow journalists started the war, it is fair to say that the press fueled the public's passion for war."

In the early 2000s, Australian-born billionaire Rupert Murdoch, owner of the Fox News Channel, followed the Hearst tradition by supporting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The network's slew of cookie-cutter commentators espoused views that democracy would be delivered to these countries along with Christian bibles, ammunition and American flags. Conservative author and frequent Fox News contributor Ann Coulter is the same woman who quipped, "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

Though not as eloquent as the slogans produced by the administrations of McKinley and Roosevelt, such calls to action are what such declarations of war amount to.

In the Philippines, concentration camps were built to detain Filipino combatants and civilians and the use of torture were implemented by US troops. Even the practice of waterboarding was used by US troops, using canteens and metal cups filled with salt water to simulate drowning. As observed by historian James Bradley in his study The Imperial Cruise, "When the Japanese later waterboarded U.S. personnel in World War II, America tried them for war crimes." These institutions are no different from the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and the US government-sanctioned torture chamber in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Such atrocities are the natural byproducts of imperialist expansion.

The most intriguing justification for the film is its sympathetic portrayal of soldiers suffering the trauma of war, a problem that has been ignored for too long. The horrific conditions of war have massive physical and psychological effects on soldiers. Instead of blaming their leaders for betraying their trust and sending them to other countries based on false pretenses, they are often desperate enough to blame civilians of occupied nations for why they are there. This seems evident in Kyle's writings and those belonging to other soldiers. These sentiments were common among soldiers during the Philippine portion of the Spanish-American War.

"The boys are getting sick of fighting these heathens," writes Tom Crandall of the Nebraska Regiment (1899), "and all say we volunteered to fight Spain, not heathens. Their patriotism is wearing off. We all want to come home very bad. If I ever get out of this army I will never get into another. They will be fighting four hundred years, and then never whip these people, for there are not enough of us to follow them up"¦The people of the United States ought to raise a howl and have us sent home."

There are, however, those who are forced into such circumstances and refuse to fall for the propaganda of their governments. Whatever illusions they had before entering these conflicts disappeared when confronting the grim realities of war.

The mainstream media has been ignoring another American sniper named Garett Reppenhagen, who has since left the military and has dedicated himself to the antiwar movement. When he saw the film, he criticized it for what it was: racist agitprop glorifying a man who has been called a borderline psychopath and habitual liar.

In The Acronym Journal, Reppenhagen said:

"You feel like there is this debt that you build for every life that you take. You feel like you owe the world something because you left it without this other person that could have done something amazing. I think about all of these soldiers coming out of the U.S. military and helping them get jobs and education and hearing about what they aspire to do and be in the world. And I wonder about all of the Iraqis, Syrians, Albanians and others that we killed in that country and what they aspired to be."

There are countless other soldiers like him, who had the intention of protecting their country and liberating an oppressed people but did not see the reality through the dense black fog of war.

In another letter from the Spanish-American War pamphlet, signed by General Reeve: "I deprecate this war, this slaughter of our own boys and of the Filipinos, because it seems to me that we are doing something that is contrary to our principles in the past. Certainly we are doing something that we should have shrunk from not so very long ago."

Though the locations and populations have changed, the motives behind war hysteria have not.

American Sniper: Racist Propaganda and American Empire | Foreign Policy Journal

sorcerer

Country flag

African-Americans still struggle for Full Citizenship Rights, Voting Rights

50 years after the Selma march to Montgomery, African-Americans still face substantial impediments to their full citizenship in the United States. We all saw the scene in the film "Selma" where the Oprah Winfrey character has to pass an arbitrary test to vote (and is always failed by the white sheriff). As soon as the John Roberts court (which has a problem with race) lifted Federal oversight of state voting practices, red states predictably passed a rash of voter suppression laws under the guise of demands for government-issued i.d. to vote. African=Americans and the poor are least likely to have such i.d. or to have the time or money to acquire it. Republican officials have openly admitted that the voter i.d. laws were intended to suppress the Democratic Party vote.

There are other forms of voter suppression. In Ferguson, Mo., the black vote was reduced by the ruse of holding elections in April rather than November; minorities tend not to come out for out of season elections, in part for economic reasons. Likewise, in Ferguson party affiliation is not shown on the ballot. Given that 95% of African-Americans vote Democratic and that there are almost no African-Americans in the Republican Party, showing party affiliation has racial implications in a place like Ferguson, where the white elite managed to retain its hegemony over government and policing even as the town of 20,000 moved to having a 67% Afriacn-American majority. These kinds of de facto minority voter suppression are hardly unique to Ferguson.

The massive expansion of the prison population in the US, which today stands at over 2 million, began after the passage of the Voting Rights act. In many ways, the prison system and forms of legal harassment of African-Americans have just replaced Jim Crow abuses (in many states ex-felons cannot vote).

And the biggest single group of people in prison by ethnicity are African-Americans, who are 12.6% of the population and about 40% of the inmates.

It should not be assumed that African-Americans are jailed so much more frequently than whites because they are guiltier.

Dorothy Brown observes of the DOJ report on Ferguson: "While 29% of the population is white, 12.9% of vehicle stops involve a white driver. Blacks were almost twice as likely to be searched as whites, even though searches of blacks were less likely than whites to result in contraband being found (21% vs. 34%)."

The unreasonably high arrest rates for African-Americans in Ferguson turned into a massive extra municipal tax on them. They were often fined, and when they could not pay the fines went up and they could go to jail. There were arrest warrants out of much of the population. The city was getting 20% of its revenue from this tax-by-tickets, almost all of it from African-Americans. The system was not only discriminatory, it was positively predatory. Ferguson is, again, hardly unique.

Despite all these attempts to keep African-Americans second-class citizens, they have mostly failed. African-American participation in the 2012 presidential election was 61.5%, higher that year than the turnout of non-Hispanic whites (this is the first time).

It is at the local and state level that the African-American vote has meant less in recent years. The struggle continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyds6tye5o
@pmaitra, @Ray, @roma, @ladder and all others

African-Americans still struggle for Full Citizenship Rights, Voting Rights | Informed Comment

sorcerer

Country flag

Louisiana Town to Begin Arresting People for Sagging Pants & Daisy Dukes

In a striking example of authoritarian overreach, a Louisiana Police Chief, Donald Thompson asked the city council to enact an ordinance banning sagging pants on men and women.

"It's something that I think that's very disrespectful here in this city for the citizens of the city of Opelousas. It's inappropriate, and it's time that some city ordinance is put in place to enforce that," Thompson told KATC.

Thompson claims he is ready to take on any legal challenges to the proposed ordinance, with the Mayor and city legal advisor stating they will look into the legalities of the ordinance, according to Daily World.

"I'm not afraid of the ACLU," Thompson said. "I'm ready to go to court. It's disrespectful to the city for this type of attire to be worn in public buildings, stores and whatnot."

The ACLU takes a very different position on the legality of the ordinance. The Executive Director of the ACLU of Louisiana, Marjorie R. Esman, said sagging is protected under the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as "a form of expression."

"The government must demonstrate a rational basis for its ban — and Opelousas has no legitimate rational basis for regulating the attire of its residents," Esman wrote.

The racial undertones of the ordinance are clear, as sagging will simply give police another excuse to make contact and interrogate otherwise innocent young black citizens.

Esman went on to say that the ordinance would make people who are unintentionally sagging, targets and would encourage racial profiling.

"It's not the government's job to be the fashion police," said Esman.

Thompson claims that it's not simply about fashion but about cultivating confidence and respect.

"It's my responsibility as a citizen that wants to help these young men to be productive citizens," he said. "It's just disrespectful. Let's leave the chief of police out of this. As a citizen, it's about respect."

Esman responded that the job of police isn't to create confidence in young people by forcing them to wear attire that isn't "disrespectful."

"There's much more important issues that the police need to handle," she said. "I can assure that wearing pants below the waist does not make the value of a person. He's making that up, and it's not his place to."

At the council meeting Tuesday, councilman Tyrone Glover stated that the ordinance should extend to women wearing "Daisy Dukes," short shorts, popularized by the Dukes of Hazard television show in the 70's.

This goes to show the ridiculous nature of the ordinance, as "Daisy Dukes" have nothing whatsoever to do with sagging pants! It seems as though this municipality is simply deciding what styles they dislike and willy-nilly outlawing them; Constitution be damned!

An unidentified man at the council meeting stated, "I don't want to see the police harassing young men because of their clothes," adding that he saw sagging as "an expression of culture."

What is truly disrespectful is not a person wearing their pants hanging off their hips, but rather the fact that an agent of the state would attempt to regulate how people wear their clothes.

Will the government next start regulating styles of haircuts we can wear or perhaps what color car we allowed to drive? Perhaps all citizens should be issued orange jumpsuits with white sneakers, that way everyone would be in accordance when we go to the mandatory Two Minutes of Hate rallies each night.

Or, perhaps Thompson should learn some RESPECT for individual liberty and the freedom of expression.

According to KATC, the penalty for this alleged fashion faux pas would include up to a $200 fine and 30 days in jail.

» Louisiana Town to Begin Arresting People for Sagging Pants & Daisy Dukes Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

:D @apple..
Dude.... buckle up mate!!!

==
:D
US is becoming ridiculous.. Whats this SHARIA of Sheriff of USA?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The US marvels me.

Though I will concede Sagging Jeans at times get embarrassing since areas of the buttocks that one would not like to see, can be seen when the bend forward.

I had that experience in a crowded country boat in the Sunderbans when a foreign lady bend forward and it was so crowded and overloaded that one could not even shift one place or gaze.

In fact, it is here where I realised why country boats sank in rural areas.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

In Hindi, we Indians say 'chor ki daadi mein tinka'.

No wonder they howl the loudest whenever their favouring puppet states collapse and replaced by nationalist groups of those countries.

thethinker

Country flag

Bringing democracy and freedom world wide. (World wide as in nations that are rich in natural resources).

American Diplomat Freed After Democratic Republic of Congo Arrest

Kinshasa: An American diplomat and five journalists arrested alongside activists in Democratic Republic of Congo have been released, but the African activists remain in custody on suspicion of planning to destabilise the country, officials said Monday.

Militants from Senegal, DR Congo and Burkina Faso - as well as the journalists and US diplomat Kevin Sturr - were detained at a press conference the pro-democracy critics organised Sunday in the capital Kinshasa.

"We have released the diplomat and the journalists" but the others were still being questioned concerning a "campaign to destabilise" the mineral-rich nation, said DR Congo government spokesman Lambert Mende.

"We're talking about preparing acts of violence... they (Senegalese and Burkinabe) did not come here for a conference but to plan hostile acts between Congolese groups," he added.

Sturr, who is an official with American government aid agency USAID, and the arrested journalists were released on Sunday.

The State Department confirmed Sturr had been released unharmed after being held for several hours "following an inquiry by the embassy in Kinshasa."

"We have not been officially informed as to why he was detained," State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.

"Our ambassador in Kinshasa has raised this at the highest levels with the DRC government," she told reporters, adding the country's embassy in Washington had also been contacted by the State Department.

Activists from the three nations gathered in Kinshasa Saturday for a meeting they said was intended to raise consciousness and mobilise young people about good government and democracy.

Security forces arrested about 30 people Sunday at the activists' press conference, including three French reporters working respectively for AFP, BBC and Belgian broadcaster RTBF.

A Congolese journalist with BBC and a Congolese reporter with TV channel Antenne A were also taken into custody.

The activists still being held included Fadel Barro, the charismatic head of the Senegalese group "Fed up" (Y'en a marre). It battled against ex-Senegalese president Abdoulaye Wade, whose bid for a controversial third term sparked deadly violence in Dakar.

Kinshasa has been tense since violent anti-government demonstrations in January which the government said left 27 people dead, while rights groups put the toll at 42.

Protestors took to the streets against election legislation seen as paving the way for President Joseph Kabila to extend his hold on power beyond the current two-term limit.

"Arresting people for expressing their opinion, which is the case for Y'en a marre... is a violation of regional and international standards in terms of human rights," said Alioune Tine, a regional bureau director for Amnesty International.

These arrests are going to "contribute to increasing tensions and intolerance in DRC," he added.

sorcerer

Country flag

The Privatization of the State (or the US as a Prospective Third-World Nation)

In the recent coverage of the Hillary Clinton email flap, you can find endless references to the Clintons of yore in wink-wink, you-know-how-they-are-style reporting; and yes, she did delete a lot of emails; and yes, it's an election year coming and, as everyone points out, the Republicans are going to do their best to keep the email issue alive until hell freezes over, etc., etc. Again, the coverage, while eyeball gluing, is in a you've-seen-it-all-before, you'll-see-it-all-again-mode.

However, you haven't seen it all before. The most striking aspect of this little brouhaha lies in what's most obvious but least highlighted. An American secretary of state chose to set up her own private, safeguarded email system for doing government work; that is, she chose to privatize her communications. If this were Cairo, it might not warrant a second thought. But it didn't happen in some third-world state. It was the act of a key official of the planet's reigning (or thrashing) superpower, which -- even if it wasn't the first time such a thing had ever occurred -- should be taken as a tiny symptom of something that couldn't be larger or, in the long stretch of history, newer: the ongoing privatization of the American state, or at least the national security part of it.

Though the marriage of the state and the corporation has a pre-history, the full-scale arrival of the warrior corporation only occurred after 9/11.
Someday, that will undoubtedly be seen as a seminal moment in the formation of whatever may be coming in this country. Only 13 years later, there is no part of the war state that has not experienced major forms of privatization. The US military could no longer go to war without its crony corporations doing KP and guard duty, delivering the mail, building the bases, and being involved in just about all of its activities, including training the militaries of foreign allies and even fighting. Such warrior corporations are now involved in every aspect of the national security state, including torture, drone strikes, and -- to the tune of hundreds of thousands of contract employees like Edward Snowden -- intelligence gathering and spying. You name it and, in these years, it's been at least partly privatized.

All you have to do is read reporter James Risen's recent book, Pay Any Price, on how the global war on terror was fought in Washington, and you know that privatization has brought something else with it: corruption, scams, and the gaming of the system for profits of a sort that might normally be associated with a typical third-world kleptocracy. And all of this, a new world being born, was reflected in a tiny way in Hillary Clinton's very personal decision about her emails.

Though it's a subject I know so much less about, this kind of privatization (and the corruption that goes with it) is undoubtedly underway in the non-war-making, non-security-projecting part of the American state as well.

The New American Order: Birth of a System Without a Name

sorcerer

Country flag

How Child 'Protective' Services Can Get You Shot & Take Your Kid - See more at: How Child 'Protective' Services Can Get You Shot & Take Your Kid | American Free Press

Family of father killed during "legal" kidnapping of two-year-old son won't let case die

By Keith Johnson

A tragic incident where a father was needlessly killed by police officers, who were trying to take his son to place him in foster care, has received new attention thanks to friends of the family and the man's mother, who have refused to let the case die.

On February 3, 2012, 32-year-old single father William Reddie was shot dead in his Grayling, Michigan apartment after allegedly pulling a four-inch pocket knife and lunging at a Crawford County Sheriff's deputy. Why were the police there in the first place? To remove Reddie's two-year-old son because an anonymous source accused Reddie of smoking marijuana that day.

Although an investigation by a prosecutor in a neighboring Mich. county found the officer's use of deadly force justifiable, a review of the circumstances leading up to the shooting, as well as interviews with friends and family members of Reddie, indicated that officers missed several opportunities to contain the situation before it escalated and quite possibly provoked Reddie into responding the way he allegedly did.

The local Petoskey News reported:

"Lead [Michigan State Police] investigator Detective Sgt. Rick Sekely said events leading up to the shooting and attempts to remove the son from the residence began earlier in the day when officers went to Reddie's apartment in response to a possible domestic disturbance. Upon arriving at the scene and making contact with Reddie, officers indicated Reddie was on the phone in what seemed to be a heated argument with a woman. Reports indicate Reddie appeared agitated, and when officers stated they could smell the odor of marijuana in the apartment, Sekely said Reddie admitted to having smoked marijuana that morning.

This AMERICAN FREE PRESS reporter recently spoke with Janet Ledger, a local businesswoman and longtime friend of Reddie and his family. When asked to respond to the account provided by police, Ms. Ledger replied: "Will[iam] was getting harassing phone calls from his [ex-girlfriend, the child's mother] all day long. She was demanding to see [her son] before their court appearance, which was just a few days away. Who wouldn't be agitated? She wouldn't take no for an answer."

Ms. Ledger added that Reddie was seeking permanent custody of his son and that the child's mother was not entitled to a visit prior to their custody hearing on February 6, 2012.

This AFP reporter also spoke with Reddie's mother, Michelle Van Buren, who said that she had been in phone contact with her son throughout the ordeal.

"Will[iam] was under a lot of pressure because of the phone calls and the way the police were acting," said Mrs. Van Buren. "He told me the police wouldn't leave unless he admitted to smoking pot. They said they could smell it in his apartment. Well, if they did smell it, it didn't come from his apartment. Will[iam] was not smoking pot."

Mrs. Van Buren's claim is backed up by facts. A post-mortem toxicology report indicates that no traces of alcohol, marijuana or any other illegal drugs were found in Reddie's bloodstream. It should be noted that THC—the active ingredient in marijuana—remains in the bloodstream from 13 to 90 days, which suggests that Reddie had not been using marijuana.

Based on the allegation of marijuana use, Child Protective Services obtained an emergency court order and returned that same day with a police officer and sheriff deputy to take the child. That's when things spiraled out of control and Reddie was shot dead in the presence of his young son.

"They didn't have to kill him," said Ms. Ledger. "They say they were there to protect the son, but then they shoot his father? You can't tell me that boy hasn't been traumatized, and he will suffer for years to come."

The tragedy didn't end with Reddie's death. Immediately after the shooting, Reddie's son was placed into foster care despite having relatives who were perfectly capable of caring for the child. According to Mrs. Van Buren: "I was a school bus driver for 15 years. My husband is a Vietnam vet and an active and respected member of the community. There's no reason why [name withheld] shouldn't be with us."

Mrs. Van Buren said she has only recently been allowed to take the boy home for brief visits. Prior to that, all visits were supervised at a cost of $110.40 each.
She is currently working with the courts in hopes of being granted permanent custody. In the meantime, Mrs. Van Buren says that her grandson lives in a foster home with eight other children. Foster families receive money from the government for every child under their care—a huge scam.

"When we first brought him home we showed him his room and he said, 'You mean this is all mine?' " Mrs. Van Buren said. "He wants to be with us. He hates the idea of going back, and he cries all the way there."

How Child 'Protective' Services Can Get You Shot & Take Your Kid | American Free Press

Prometheus

Press laugh at US state department spokesperson when she states the US doesn't support coups .... well its good to see the world finally waking up!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles