Top guns and flop guns: Indian Air Force 'beats RAF 12-0 in training exercise'

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
https://mobile.twitter.com/crimesofbrits

We still need a bigger airforce. Mki is Hindu now, lot of the parts are made in India. Russia even ordered our version, from us.

It's like Ishapore 2a1 the Desi edition is better.

Brit Pak wedding is hilarious to watch.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
I don't believe 12-0 given that Astra is not ready, & typhoon had fuel tanks on. I.e the aircraft are equalized to show pilot skill.

No doubt our pilots are more skilled, but I wouldn't under estimate f22 35 or rafale typhoon.

Good that maintenance on sukhoi was no problem.

pmaitra

@Scalieback
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
you got schooled,you mess with sukhois you going down.
I see you quoted me, but I am not sure it was intended for me. Nevertheless, I shall respond.

One should know when to take credit, and when to gracefully acknowledge defeat. Rolls Royce, for example, has been producing aviation engines for a very long time. This is one area where the UK can legitimately claim technological superiority over India, and if anyone so does, I shall not sit around and make a fool of myself countering those. No one in DFI would do that.

However, in this particular case, the Sukhoi-30MKIs beat the Typhoons in close combat, as claimed by an anonymous source. Even if we assume no one made such a claim, the fact that the Sukhoi-30MKI has thrust vectoring and the Typhoon doesn't, establishes the safe assumption that the Sukhoi-30MKIs would have beaten the Typhoons in close combat.

The point is, one should make an educated guess when nothing is claimed, and when something is claimed that resonates with an educated guess, people need to accept it.

pmaitra

Actually, according to the article, MKI held the advantage in BVR too, just not that distinctly.
Good point. There must have been restrictions placed on both the sides, and I am willing to speculate that RAF did not show all their cards that they have up their sleeves. Many countries do that. They try to hide their full potential.

Also, remember that the Typhoons in questions are their latest variants while Su 30 is going to be upgraded to Super Sukhoi standards, which will likely put them far ahead even more in WVR and BVR. And the best part, Su 30s are not even going to be our main line fighters in the next decade. It will be FGFA . RAF is just toast through and through, either now or in the future :biggrin2:
Yeah. Once we get the Super Suka upgrade, it will be lot of suka, and pusk.

salute

Oh dear, looks like your teddy's fallen out of the cot. Be a dear and pick it up. Put your dummy in while you're at it.
darling look like your nappies is fallen off,
be nice, wipe it and change it,
and try to keep your panties on after it.

salute

Good point. There must have been restrictions placed on both the sides, and I am willing to speculate that RAF did not show all their cards that they have up their sleeves. Many countries do that. They try to hide their full potential.

Yeah. Once we get the Super Suka upgrade, it will be lot of suka, and pusk.
yeah every country does that totally agree with you,
but so did india,me dont think that iaf is fool,
maybe raf tried to play dumb thinking that others are dumb,
it was close range battle,
so sukhois did not shown their bvr and other capabilities,
and also sukhois are remained to be upgrade for its new capabilities like stealth features.
I see you quoted me, but I am not sure it was intended for me. Nevertheless, I shall respond.

One should know when to take credit, and when to gracefully acknowledge defeat. Rolls Royce, for example, has been producing aviation engines for a very long time. This is one area where the UK can legitimately claim technological superiority over India, and if anyone so does, I shall not sit around and make a fool of myself countering those. No one in DFI would do that.

However, in this particular case, the Sukhoi-30MKIs beat the Typhoons in close combat, as claimed by an anonymous source. Even if we assume no one made such a claim, the fact that the Sukhoi-30MKI has thrust vectoring and the Typhoon doesn't, establishes the safe assumption that the Sukhoi-30MKIs would have beaten the Typhoons in close combat.

The point is, one should make an educated guess when nothing is claimed, and when something is claimed that resonates with an educated guess, people need to accept it.
yeah brits have their own tech and india dont,thats hugh difference,
maybe indian govt should closed down hal or atleast put private companys in defence sector for big stuff not just for trucks or vehicles.

blueblood

You're the one mentioning anti Brit drivel and said I had some sort of victim complex. As I said, keep your anti Brit drivel in the correct forum
You keep can pulling the victim card and digressing from the topic. I don't mind.

If you sincerely believe that, so be it. Frankly it's 'fan boy' hysterics. the only ones to come out of this with any virtue are the pilots themselves. Certainly not any of the posters on this thread
How about this?

"Well, they lost," was Stephen Dalton's response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force's (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories1097.htm

Now please enlighten me about the decorum of a RAF ACM and his statement. I know you will desperately try to put a spin on it like you have been trying to for sometime now but I suggest you take a look at the title of the article and know the difference between you and I.

I have done. If your reporter wants to post as a 12-0 drubbing ..... and you want to believe him .......By your reckoning the French would thrash the RAF. When did that happen (in any exercise, let alone a war).
Take a look above.

Now 12 - 0. How does that work. I mean, think of the following:
8 x 1 v 1
4 x 2 v 2
2 x 4 v 4
8 x 1 v 2
8 x 2 v 1
I believe not only does the reporter have a problem with maths, but also with his pants catching on fire.
Are you really that dull or just pretending to be?

First, there were 1 v 1 encounters where a single jet of each type engaged each other in Within Visual Range (WVR) combat, firing simulated missiles to a range of two miles. The exercises progressed to 2 v 2 engagements with two Eurofighters taking on two Su-30s and 2 v 1 exercises where two Sukhois took on a single Typhoon and vice versa.

Notably, in the exercise where a lone Su-30 was engaged by two Typhoons, the IAF jet emerged the victor 'shooting' down both 'enemy' jets.

So in the la la land, where you live, there is only one engagement of each kind in a month long exercise.

Understand you mean?
Apologies Sahib, me no understand inglish.

The only racism I've seen is on here. As I said, you posted the anti Brit drivel
Indians are being racist to Brits. Damn, those rapist Indians.

I have, despite the anti Brit drivel, I've seen plenty on here and reported elsewhere to make me realise your 'persecution complex' is fully established.
My "persecution complex". :pound:

(and now like a broken record, you will point out that using smilies suddenly turns me into a teenager, so one for the road.:pound:)

Don't worry though, you'll get to prove how good the IAF is against the Chinese and Pakistani's soon enough. I doubt then it will be 12-0.
Brilliant argument but nothing else was expected. But here's something for you to chew on.

By the end of 1971, the Gnat proved to be a frustrating opponent for the larger, heavier and older Sabre. The Gnat was referred to as a "Sabre Slayer" by the IAF since most of its combat "kills" during the two wars were against Sabres.[23][24] The Canadair Sabre Mk 6 was widely regarded as the best dogfighter of its era.[25]

If we can do this with a trainer. I am pretty sure that we can handle a bunch of old F-16s. Maybe we'll try BAE Hawk this time as MKIs are overkill.

Don't let the hype hoodwink you into seeking the truth.
Hey kettle, this is pot. You're black”

Edited to add: Another minor point, but indicative of his 'pants on fire' rhetoric, LLP is static line. It is not 'free fall' and II Sqn RAF Regt are not SF or HALO/HAHO trained as a unit, albeit some members attached to SFSG may be.
I know what RAF regiment is. I have seen the documentaries. His context was Garuds. Since RAF don't have a SF of their own, they were paired with the RAF regiment.

Nothing new. Since UK forces also don't have dedicated mountain troops unlike India and France, they sent Royal Marines for high altitude training in India.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/war/20070917.htm

French alpine troops in India.

http://www.ambafrance-in.org/Indo-French-Joint-Exercise-Sakti,7432

Oh and Magic Mushroom is a known and long respected member of Arrse. If he said pigs flew, I'd believe him
Since we have nothing more to talk about;

I suggest you take some more of your "Magic shrooms", hop on to your flying pig and fly away to a forum where you can tell all your bruvs that snake charmers were being mean to you.

(And this is the extent of my "persecution complex")

Scalieback

Professional
darling look like your nappies is fallen off,
be nice, wipe it and change it,
and try to keep your panties on after it.
Hmm, is that supposed to be a good riposte? Remind me to be amused, laugh or be upset ie whichever it was you were trying to achieve as you failed miserably

Scalieback

Professional
You keep can pulling the victim card and digressing from the topic. I don't mind.
You're the one who mentioned it first. Stop going on about it

How about this?

"Well, they lost," was Stephen Dalton's response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force's (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories1097.htm

Now please enlighten me about the decorum of a RAF ACM and his statement. I know you will desperately try to put a spin on it like you have been trying to for sometime now but I suggest you take a look at the title of the article and know the difference between you and I.
Times change. Next?

After all, you'd hardly want to be told the same thing 11 years later would you?
Take a look above.

Are you really that dull or just pretending to be?

First, there were 1 v 1 encounters where a single jet of each type engaged each other in Within Visual Range (WVR) combat, firing simulated missiles to a range of two miles. The exercises progressed to 2 v 2 engagements with two Eurofighters taking on two Su-30s and 2 v 1 exercises where two Sukhois took on a single Typhoon and vice versa.

Notably, in the exercise where a lone Su-30 was engaged by two Typhoons, the IAF jet emerged the victor 'shooting' down both 'enemy' jets.

So in the la la land, where you live, there is only one engagement of each kind in a month long exercise.
You can call them what you like. the 12-0 drubbing comes from what? The encounters? The engagements? The exercises? I know you have a problem with maths as somehow, the various exercises, sorties, engagements whatever don't add to 12.
Apologies Sahib, me no understand inglish.
Ahh sarcasm, the lowest form of what passes for whit on here.

Indians are being racist to Brits. Damn, those rapist Indians.
Yes, damn them? Your point? Or was that another attempt at humour?

My "persecution complex". :pound:

(and now like a broken record, you will point out that using smilies suddenly turns me into a teenager, so one for the road.:pound:)
You said it. Emoticons, other than smile, wink, sad and roll actually. Still you'll fit in well with the other dummy suckers.

Brilliant argument but nothing else was expected. But here's something for you to chew on.

By the end of 1971, the Gnat proved to be a frustrating opponent for the larger, heavier and older Sabre. The Gnat was referred to as a "Sabre Slayer" by the IAF since most of its combat "kills" during the two wars were against Sabres.[23][24] The Canadair Sabre Mk 6 was widely regarded as the best dogfighter of its era.[25]

If we can do this with a trainer. I am pretty sure that we can handle a bunch of old F-16s. Maybe we'll try BAE Hawk this time as MKIs are overkill.
You must be 'Matter' on arrse. he came out with that bollox. Bearing in mind the changes made to those 'trainers' and their actual record ie how many there were against the Pakistani's. Don't let facts get in the way of the hype.

Hey kettle, this is pot. You're black”
Think of your own quips rather than stealing someone else's.

I know what RAF regiment is. I have seen the documentaries. His context was Garuds. Since RAF don't have a SF of their own, they were paired with the RAF regiment.
Pity your reporter didn't.

Nothing new. Since UK forces also don't have dedicated mountain troops unlike India and France, they sent Royal Marines for high altitude training in India.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/war/20070917.htm

French alpine troops in India.

http://www.ambafrance-in.org/Indo-French-Joint-Exercise-Sakti,7432
Your point being? That we send troops trained for mountain work to mountainous areas? Hardly makes RAF Regt SF.

Since we have nothing more to talk about;

I suggest you take some more of your "Magic shrooms", hop on to your flying pig and fly away to a forum where you can tell all your bruvs that snake charmers were being mean to you.

(And this is the extent of my "persecution complex")
Oh goody, the end of the drivel

Scalieback

Professional

Stalking me again? See my name and think I'm talking or even referring to you? How sad.

@salute was trying to tell me I'm schooled, (just before he soiled his nappy)

salute

Hmm, is that supposed to be a good riposte? Remind me to be amused, laugh or be upset ie whichever it was you were trying to achieve as you failed miserably
oh,dont know but you know you like it.

blueblood

Times change. Next?
Is this the best you came up with? Now I am feeling sad for you. A proud soldier (?) reduced to a teenager with nothing to add to the topic.

Whatever bro!!!
You can call them what you like. the 12-0 drubbing comes from what? The encounters? The engagements? The exercises? I know you have a problem with maths as somehow, the various exercises, sorties, engagements whatever don't add to 12.
We won, you lost, move on and stop being pissy about it.

You are not the first one to do that. Americans are still in shock that IAF Bisons "shot" their F-15s. So all your huffing and puffing is useless.

If you still want Maths tuition, we have many engineers here on this forum.

Ahh sarcasm, the lowest form of what passes for whit on here.
whit? Is that Queen's English Sire? Because whit has a completely different meaning here.

Yes, damn them? Your point? Or was that another attempt at humour?
It's funny when Brits think they are not racists. Don't worry, I'll tag you the next time IAF beats RAF, 12-0 or better.

You said it. Emoticons, other than smile, wink, sad and roll actually. Still you'll fit in well with the other dummy suckers.
Sire your snobbishness is showing, please cover it with a tarp.

You must be 'Matter' on arrse. he came out with that bollox. Bearing in mind the changes made to those 'trainers' and their actual record ie how many there were against the Pakistani's.
Again, your best?

Losing the argument and calling someone "you must be him."

Changes made in the aircraft does not change its primary design and role it was intended for. But since you are from ARRSE so no argument there.

Don't let facts get in the way of the hype.
Now your are merely repeating your words and I am bored. I think old age is getting to you.

Think of your own quips rather than stealing someone else's.
Churchill giving two finger salute is very original of you. So pot, kettle, well you get the point or do I have to make another one of those unoriginal quips?

Pity your reporter didn't.
Then, it's his fault. Hardly changes the topic at hand. But you are free to dwell on that. Again, I don't mind.

Your point being? That we send troops trained for mountain work to mountainous areas? Hardly makes RAF Regt SF.
If you think RM training in Norway is same as high altitude training, then good for you. But then again, British army also thinks that Pen y Fan is a challenging terrain.

No, it does not make RAF regiment and it does not change the fact that RAF was beaten 12-0 at their very own turf.

Oh goody, the end of the drivel
It never even began but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles