Top 10 Best Intel Agencies ?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Highly baised comparison RAW should stand some where between 160-180th position as I have first hand knowledge about their operation :heh:

But agreed with ISI ranking but the author had missed to decorate it with a AAA ranking.:whistle:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Please some one send this web page to Director of RAW and inform him that his team is placed above indian hockey team and football teams in international ranking.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Didn't someone post this before as well quite some time back?

sandeepdg

^^ Yusuf, I don't remember it. But, I feel that this list is more or less apt considering the parameters taken into account. Although, ISI being on no.1 position did give me a jolt, but more or less its fair.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
that site has failed to mention how Bangladesh was formed. It also failed to mention about Siachen and how IA was informed about movement of PA. Famous Mushi cell phone call recording in kargil war.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Smashing lists is of no relevance. Their lists are not backed by scientific research, but the compiler's perspective based on random net news.

If ISI was the #1 intelligence agency,
  • The Pakistani state would have been stable as a rock
  • Pakistan would not be a "victim of terrorism" on a daily basis
  • Pakistan would not have been proxy-run by the military establishment
The best intelligence agency is always that of the most geopolitically influential nation, the CIA.

Falcon

Bull$hi!....ISI #1..Pakistan is falling apart like deck of cards and ISI is #1.

amitkriit

Real spies don't act like 007 James Bond "Bang Bang you are dead". ISI is at number one because it's activities are better known compared to the others, which according to me is not such a good thing.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ISI
Formed 1948
Jurisdiction Government of Pakistan
Headquarters Islamabad, Pakistan
Agency executive Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha, PA Director General
With the lengthiest track record of success, the best know Intelligence so far on the scale of records is ISI. The Inter-Services Intelligence was created as an independent unit in 1948 in order to strengthen the performance of Pakistan's Military Intelligence during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947. Its success in achieving its goal without leading to a full scale invasion of Pakistan by the Soviets is a feat unmatched by any other through out the intelligence world. KGB, The best of its time, failed to counter ISI and protect Soviet interests in Central Asia. This GOLD MEDAL makes it rank higher than Mossad. It has had 0 double agents or Defectors through out its history, considering that in light of the whole war campaign it carried out from money earned by selling drugs bought from the very people it was bleeding, The Soviets. It has protected its Nuclear Weapons since formed and it has foiled Indian attempts to attain ultimate supremacy in the South-Asian theatres through internal destabilization of India. It is above All laws in its host country Pakistan 'A State, with in a State'. Its policies are made 'outside' of all other institutions with the exception of The Army. Its personnel have never been caught on camera. Its is believed to have the highest number of agents worldwide, close to 10,000. The most striking thing is that its one of the least funded Intelligence agency out of the top 10 and still the strongest.
the author has failed to mention that ISI has tried its level best since 1947 to take over Kashmir by all means and have failed in this effort infact they had paid very high price by creation of Bangladesh. Indian nuclear tests of 1998, OBL raid by US forces and then successful taking off with body and burial in Arabian sea including Kasab is live and walking example is huge failure of ISI.

ISI and PA in US pocket therefore they dont need to be Defectors, weapons are given in aid to Pakistan and even Pakistani nuclear weapons has US nuclear safety systems.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Real spies don't act like 007 James Bond "Bang Bang you are dead". ISI is at number one because it's activities are better known compared to the others, which according to me is not such a good thing.
Best secret agent is one who remains secret, if you want to be 007 then you will be dead in first hour.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Yusuf, I don't remember it. But, I feel that this list is more or less apt considering the parameters taken into account. Although, ISI being on no.1 position did give me a jolt, but more or less its fair.
ISI is probably number 1 based on the successful terrorist activities it promotes.

jamwal

Country flag
Smashing lists is of no relevance. Their lists are not backed by scientific research, but the compiler's perspective based on random net news.

If ISI was the #1 intelligence agency,
  • The Pakistani state would have been stable as a rock
  • Pakistan would not be a "victim of terrorism" on a daily basis
  • Pakistan would not have been proxy-run by the military establishment
The best intelligence agency is always that of the most geopolitically influential nation, the CIA.

Absolutely. That list is nothing more than a juvenile who has got the biggest one half assed article.
I feel that it's not really possible to organize them in ranks. Each organisation will have it's ups and downs depending upon numerous conditions.
Although intelligence agencies of US and Israel seem to be better than the rest owing to their reach and and exploits, but I hold Israelis in higher regard considering their budgetary restraints and sheer ingenuity. Their exploits are legendary. US is good too, but not as much

Oracle

What a bunch of horse puckey? Had ISI been # 1, Osama would have lived to marry another 50 Arabic women.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles