Toilet-themed restaurant in China flushed with success

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Toilet-themed restaurant in China flushed with success

AGENCIES, Jan 15, 2011, 01.01pm IST

Signature dishes include 'excrement ice cream' and 'toilet bowl hot pot':rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Beijing Diners in China are overcoming their reservations by flocking to a new toilet-themed restaurant where business is booming.

Customers at the Modern Toilet restaurant, in Kunming, Yunnan province, eat on seats converted from toilets.

Urinals hang on the walls as decorations and signature dishes include 'excrement ice cream', 'toilet bowl hot pot' and 'fried poo sticks'.

Owner Xu Liang says the restaurant has proved more popular than expected with students, in particular, keen to try the experience.

"We had a survey before opening, and 20 per cent of people wanted to try it, 60 per cent weren't sure, while only 20 per cent found the idea unacceptable," he said.

"Sometimes unusual combinations can work. A toilet and a restaurant are complete opposites but combined together they make for a unique experience."

Regular customer Yang Siwen, a university student, has eaten at the restaurant three times since it opened two weeks ago.

"I originally went in because I thought it was a toilet but then discovered it was a restaurant and decided to give it a try," she said.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Next time when you go to China be careful to choose the correct retaurant and toilet otherwise you might be caught unawares like going for Toilet and actually finding the restaurant and vice-versa. :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Unless one is perennially constipated, why should a toilet prove a delight on which one has to sit to eat?

I have not understood the psychology that makes one ecstatic to eat and pretend to defecate simultaneously.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
WTF with the names of the dishes.....How can any sane person eat at some place like this? :D

amoy

http://v.ku6.com/show/uChoZZGwS_24O5EJ.html 《《 here's a video abt such a restaurant. it looks not bad. to my surprise there're a few of that kind in China. And this one is in my city (+_+) in the video, in additon to Kunming, Shenzhen
life is too boring. we all need some 'stimulus' for a change

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Unless one is perennially constipated, why should a toilet prove a delight on which one has to sit to eat?

I have not understood the psychology that makes one ecstatic to eat and pretend to defecate simultaneously.
I dont know but "far east" people seem to have a thing for it.

gogbot

Dude

Who actually invests money in these hair brain schemes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles