TOI article stole my INS Arihant image w/o giving me credit

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Thank you. That is me.
Please Put the watermark near the wheels or Top of the car ..to avoid Stealing your Pictures ..

I always Gives Respect these Guys ..they need time and Imagination and Creativity to make a Infographic or a Graphic Photo

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Put a note under your picture that it is for free-share not for commercial use or any other modifications, with your name and email address..

If you do this, this kind of incident will be stop..

I did not put a watermark so that Indian military fans could ownload it for free without any distortion, I have never profited from any of my projects.

boris

Country flag
Who knows?

This image is definitely different from Arkem8's and if it is photoshop, it is an unparalleled job really. But it doesn't have the same scale anyway.
This nuclear sub and its sections pic has been taken from a book "How is it Done" published by Reader's Digest in the US in the 1989 or 1990. My dad got the book in 1992 and I probably have it lying somewhere.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
TOI has had the most number of complaints about using photos from net without giving credit.

You can complaint to Press council
Legal notice for civil and criminal case will do the work.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If this case ever gone to Court judge will see this

Both pics side by side and check the dates for both pics and then decide.

This is INS Aridaman. Not INS Arihant.

SamwiseTheBrave

Put a note under your picture that it is for free-share not for commercial use or any other modifications, with your name and email address..

If you do this, this kind of incident will be stop..
as already said, watermark all your works and look up a few good indian authored blogs online - they all use the Creative Commons license. specify it clearly on your deviantart page at the top-right hand corner. if issues still persist make sure you send a forceful email and publicize it on your deviantart/twitter/FB pages and i`m sure people will also come forward to support you. but first do the watermarking.

arkem8

Country flag
NOW INDIA TV TOOK PARTS OF MY "INDIAN NUCLEAR SUBMARINES" ANIMATION, THEY EVEN COPIED THE MUSIC

Watch @
5:15

8:20 onwards

Any Advice....These guys dont even give credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@arkem8
Might fall under the ambit of Intellectual Property Rights?
Though the others are right that watermark should've helped your case.
If not a court case, you can still stick in their face and may be visit their office in case you're still not at peace with it.
You would have to prove to TOI that this was your image. An acknowledgement is a reasonable demand but will it come?
Anyway my request is, please don't let this demoralize you. Defense enthusiasm is a much needed quality.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Sure, you can sue them and ask for damages! However, look at the brighter side, these so called defense analysts are visiting DFI for references.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles