Today China is what US was

Status
Not open for further replies.

badguy2000

Respected Member
No offence, but two decades of a head start in economic liberalization would expect one to have China to "have done" more than India is "doing". Nevertheless, we are catching up, and faster than you can say "boo", han.

"In 2009, India emerged as Asia's fourth largest exporter of automobiles, behind Japan, South Korea and Thailand."

"Helped by cheaper labor and a surging local market, India this year overtook China in auto exports and is challenging Thailand and South Korea as an alternative production center in Asia."

Suzuki, Hyundai?s Indian Car Exports Beat China?s (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

"India Poised to Grow Faster Than China Among Top Automakers "

India Poised to Grow Faster Than China Among Top Automakers - Bloomberg.com

"India has the edge over China in car exports as big automakers move to India. Beijing, for its part, is trying to pump up domestic demand through policies that facilitate personal credit.

Helped by lower labour costs and cheaper raw materials (more than 10 per cent compared to Europe and the United States), India is becoming a growing market for minicars and compact vehicles. The sector’s growth has also been nudged by a lower manufacturing tax (8 per cent excise duty) and, unlike China, Indian authorities do not require foreign companies to set up joint ventures with at least 50 per cent capital held by local partners.

Big carmakers, especially those from Asia like the Suzuki Motor Corporation, Hyundai Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. are expanding their Indian platforms to export compact vehicles at the expense of other countries like Thailand and South Korea.

This year exports by Maruti Suzuki India more than doubled to 79,860 vehicles. In August alone it exported 14,847 vehicles and aims to ship 130,000 vehicles during the current fiscal year.

According to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, India's total exports in the first seven months of this year rose 18 per cent per cent to 229,809, including mini cars and hatchbacks which gained 44 per cent. By 2015 small cars will account for 95 percent of the 690,000 passenger vehicles India will export.

In contrast, China’s exports slumped 60 percent to 164,800 between January and July. The same happened to vehicles produced in Thailand whose export declined by 43 per cent whilst South Korean exports dropped 31 per cent."

INDIA ? CHINA India and China, future car giants - Asia News l 09/09/2009
the other side is that CHinese additional auto production is 3 million while the Indian total auto produciton is only less 2 million..

according to my observation, cars is pouring into CHinese families.
in the coming next 2-3 years, China's auto yearly production may double from 13 million to 20-30 million easily.
My borther bought one car one month ago..
I am to buy one car 2-3 year after paying off my house loan.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Well I just find it funny that a plane made in China with a Russian engine has finally caught up to a 30 year old American fighter. Good for you China. I bet you they borrowed a F-16 from Pakistan, made a bad copy of it and made it a J-10.
excuse me.pls tell me when India can work out a bird that can match a 40 year old american fighter?

Martian

Respected Member
Everyone is well aware of the pathetic shape of Russian shipbuilding. This thread is about China being the new US. The thought of it is quite ludacris once you know the facts.
China set to become world's largest shipbuilding country - People's Daily Online

"China's shipbuilding orders reached 54.96 million Compensated Gross Ton (CGT), 34.7% of the world market share, while the South Korean shipbuilding industry holds orders of 53.63 million CGT and only 33.8% of the world's market share. China's market share is 0.9 percentage points higher than South Korea's."

The fact is that China is the world's largest shipbuilder.

On the other hand, the U.S. has negligible presence in commercial shipbuilding.

US Shipbuilders The Tide Begins to Turn

"Such statistics underscore the paradoxical nature of the U.S. shipbuilding industry. Although it claims barely one percent of the global market for oceangoing commercial vessels, it is nonetheless the most technologically proficient in the world."

Littoral combat ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On 12 April 2007, the Navy canceled the contract with Lockheed Martin for the construction of LCS-3 after negotiations to control cost overruns failed.[11] The second General Dynamics ship (LCS-4) was also canceled on November 1, 2007[12] after similar cost overruns on their first ship."

In military shipbuilding, US companies are incapable of controlling costs.

New LCS Costs Exceed Target, Yet Lower Than Earlier Ships - Defense News

"New cost figures just revealed by the U.S. Navy show that contract prices for the second pair of Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) are far higher than a congressional target...."

I don't think Chinese shipbuilders have anything to fear from the US shipbuilding industry.

Rage

DFI TEAM
the other side is that CHinese additional auto production is 3 million while the Indian total auto produciton is only less 2 million..
Whatever happened to "India's total autu production" is "less than that" of "FAC,the second biggest auto company"?

You see how we have caught up ?

Keep living in your outdated, dilapidated notions of India being stunted by its "bureaucratic, red tapist" polity. As you can quite clearly see, we find ways around everything, everything.

California Chronicle | Car industry in India – fastest growing sector in the world
India is fastest growing source of cars in the UK as Chinese car sales fail to grow | AM-online news

according to my observation, cars is pouring into CHinese families.
in the coming next 2-3 years, China's auto yearly production may double from 13 million to 20-30 million easily.
My borther bought one car one month ago..
I am to buy one car 2-3 year after paying off my house loan.
India's auto market is "projected" to grow even faster, boosted by a voracious 400-million strong middle class that pisses money out of its pants, a voracious demand for luxury cars by the 'upper' class, and a culture of aggressive spending that wants to mimic western lifestyles and appetites as soon as it gets the money to.

My cuzin recently bought a BMW 530i. He is all of 21. What've you got?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Everyone is well aware of the pathetic shape of Russian shipbuilding. This thread is about China being the new US. The thought of it is quite ludacris once you know the facts.
can you assure that Russian cell phone net has no "made in CHina" such as Huawei?

IndustryWeek : China's High-Tech Export Threatens U.S. Competitiveness

China's High-Tech Export Threatens U.S. Competitiveness
U.S. manufacturers are facing a threat to its "longstanding leadership in technological innovation" from China according to a new Manufacturers Alliance/MAPI report. Ernest H. Preeg, a senior fellow at the Alliance, analyzes Chinese trade during the first half of 2006 in his report entitled, "Trade and Productivity In China's Surging Trade Surplus Being Driven by High-Tech Manufactured Exports: Policy Consequences of the Growing Imbalance."

StealthSniper

no offense...

what India is good at is "to do" ,instead of "have done".....

can you assure that "AC made in India" would not be another "Arjun" or "LCA"?.

and I am quite sure that that AC "made in China" would roll out before 2015.
just let's wait and see which on earth will come out more early.

as for cars made in India.... the total autu production in India is less than that of FAC,the second biggest auto company...

I love it how Pakistani's and Chinese love to go after our Arjun and LCA. Well you see, India likes to build things from the ground up and they will have issues because Indian engineers are trying new things. Where China will try to steal or buy their technology, make it look indigenous, and still come out with something that lags behind it's competitors by at least 5 years and perform below expectations.

On top of that every failure they do have is not transparent or being made aware of by the Chinese government like American and Indian governments are.

StealthSniper

excuse me.pls tell me when India can work out a bird that can match a 40 year old american fighter?
Well remember when I said that Americans where surprised by how good the old Mig-21 Bison was in Red flag. Well the LCA is better than the Mig in pretty much all aspects, my Chinese friend.:goodstuff:

badguy2000

Respected Member

Martian

Respected Member
Instead of looking at it with only one eye, open the other and look at Chinese imports. China exports the low tech goods and imports the high tech. The trade imablance was impressive for 2008, but they have come down drastically in 2009. For China to be making any headway, she has to stop the increase of foreign imports and rely on high tech domestic products, this is not happening.
http://www.uschina.org/statistics/tradetable.html

I'm confused by your claim. Table 6 shows that China imports $400 billion dollars of "electrical machinery & equipment" and "power generation equipment." Table 5 shows that China exports $600 billion dollars of "electrical machinery & equipment" and "power generation equipment."

According to my math, China's trade balance has improved by $200 billion dollars in high-tech exports. How did you reach the opposite conclusion that "China exports the low tech goods and imports the high tech?"

badguy2000

Respected Member
Well remember when I said that Americans where surprised by how good the old Mig-21 Bison was in Red flag. Well the LCA is better than the Mig in pretty much all aspects, my Chinese friend.:goodstuff:
in fact ,almost every CHinese vistor to India always got very "surprised" by the "expressway" from Delhi to its airport.

badguy2000

Respected Member
US-China Trade Statistics and China's World Trade Statistics

I'm confused by your claim. Table 6 shows that China imports $400 billion dollars of "electrical machinery & equipment" and "power generation equipment." Table 5 shows that China exports $600 billion dollars of "electrical machinery & equipment" and "power generation equipment."

According to my math, China's trade balance has improved by $200 billion dollars in high-tech exports. How did you reach the opposite conclusion that "China exports the low tech goods and imports the high tech?"
Vladimir has his speical logic: he always have the conclusion first, then he reverse-draw the proof according to his conclusion.

StealthSniper

PLS understant what is called " launched"?

PLS don't tell me that the "launched AC" will just be a hull without engine,aircrafts .....etc.,just like the current " launched India nuke sub without nuke reaction".

Badguy you know what?

Making something faster or selling more of something doesn't make it better. What goes into the product and how long it last is more important. That's why our nuclear submarine is quieter and more advanced then yours (I have a thread about it) and our ships and equipment are getting more and more advanced thanks to our commitment to beat China with Quality rather then Quantity.:goodstuff:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Whatever happened to "India's total autu production" is "less than that" of "FAC,the second biggest auto company"?

You see how we have caught up ?

Keep living in your outdated, dilapidated notions of India being stunted by its "bureaucratic, red tapist" polity. As you can quite clearly see, we find ways around everything, everything.

California Chronicle | Car industry in India – fastest growing sector in the world
India is fastest growing source of cars in the UK as Chinese car sales fail to grow | AM-online news

India's auto market is "projected" to grow even faster, boosted by a voracious 400-million strong middle class that pisses money out of its pants, a voracious demand for luxury cars by the 'upper' class, and a culture of aggressive spending that wants to mimic western lifestyles and appetites as soon as it gets the money to.

My cuzin recently bought a BMW 530i. He is all of 21. What've you got?
I have study the difinition of "india 400-million mid-class".

the conclusion is that "india mid-class" is almost equal to " lower-income labour-class"+"peasent-worker class" in CHina,if measued by life quality.

Rage

DFI TEAM
PLS understant what is called " launched"?

PLS don't tell me that the "launched AC" will just be a hull without engine,aircrafts .....etc.,just like the current " launched India nuke sub without nuke reaction".

What? Please understand that you're talking a load of donkey crock.

Current "nuke sub without nuke reaction". What on Juno's c&nt does that even mean?

Each of the Arihant class vessels are powered by an 80 MW pressurized water reactor (PWR) with enriched uranium fuel.

India set to launch nuclear-powered submarine - India - The Times of India

"After BARC designs failed, India bought reactor designs from Russia. By 2004 the reactor had been built, tested on land at the IGCAR and had gone critical. Its modest size, around 6,000 tons (the Ohio class SSBN in the movie Crimson Tide weighs over 14,000 tons), led experts to call it a “baby boomer”.

India had ample experience building Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) using natural un-enriched uranium as fuel, and heavy water as moderator and coolant. But this was the first time that India has built a PWR that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator."

“INS ARIHANT” INDIA’s First Nuclear Submarine TECH SPACE

"the 80 MW mini-nuclear reactor to power the submarine has been installed "

India Launches First Indigenous Nuclear Powered Submarine Arihant

Now, listen to me well. You better cut out the crap if you want to have a civil discussion. Or I will get, how should I call it, 'genocidal'.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Badguy you know what?

Making something faster or selling more of something doesn't make it better. What goes into the product and how long it last is more important. That's why our nuclear submarine is quieter and more advanced then yours (I have a thread about it) and our ships and equipment are getting more and more advanced thanks to our commitment to beat China with Quality rather then Quantity.:goodstuff:
you should persude Yankees and other foreigners,instead of me, to accept your idea .

Rage

DFI TEAM
I have study the difinition of "india 400-million mid-class".

the conclusion is that "india mid-class" is almost equal to " labour-class"+"peasent-worker class" in CHina,if measued by life quality.

There is no definition of "India's 400-million middle class". It is a cumulation of a variety of factors, including the possession of 'tertiary technology' such as mutliple cell-phones, atleast one vehicle, and yes, ownership of property, which most "middle class" han peasants today cannot claim to.

Measured by "life quality" India is doing better than China if this report by the Global Legatum prosperity index is to be believed:

The 2009 Legatum Prosperity Index

Martian

Respected Member
What? Please understand that you're talking a load of donkey crock.

Current "nuke sub without nuke reaction". What on Juno's c&nt does that even mean?

Each of the Arihant class vessels are powered by an 80 MW pressurized water reactor (PWR) with enriched uranium fuel.

India set to launch nuclear-powered submarine - India - The Times of India

"After BARC designs failed, India bought reactor designs from Russia. By 2004 the reactor had been built, tested on land at the IGCAR and had gone critical. Its modest size, around 6,000 tons (the Ohio class SSBN in the movie Crimson Tide weighs over 14,000 tons), led experts to call it a “baby boomer”.

India had ample experience building Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) using natural un-enriched uranium as fuel, and heavy water as moderator and coolant. But this was the first time that India has built a PWR that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator."

“INS ARIHANT” INDIA’s First Nuclear Submarine TECH SPACE

"the 80 MW mini-nuclear reactor to power the submarine has been installed "

India Launches First Indigenous Nuclear Powered Submarine Arihant

Now, listen to me well. You better cut out the crap if you want to have a civil discussion. Or I will get, how should I call it, 'genocidal'.
Home-made nuke sub INS Arihant to be inducted in 2 years - India - The Times of India

"The `launch' of the 111-metre long INS Arihant by flooding the dry dock at the Shipbuilding Centre at Visakhapatnam on July 26 this year, in the presence of PM Manmohan Singh, marked India's entry into the select group of five nations -- US, UK, Russia, France and China
-- capable of building nuclear submarines.

But there is still a long way to go. It's only after its miniature 83 MW pressurised light-water reactor is `fired' sometime next year will INS Arihant begin its extensive sea-acceptance trials."

I think he's saying that they only flooded the dry dock for the Arihant's launch and that the 83 MW reactor wasn't even "fired" for the launch.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
[mod]guys let us keep the focus on the topic at hand, no more off topic discussions.

thanks.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles