To counter China, Parrikar rushes to BD

jadoogar

Country flag
My source is my own experience on Chinese built ships, beyond that I dont need anyone else to tell me of their pathetic quality. Ive worked on two of them till date, one made in Zhanjiang and one at Rugao and the build quality of both was to say the least, pathetic.
Its not surprising then that most chinese built vessels fly either their own flag or one of ports of convenience like Panama or Marshall Islands, who relax their flag state requirements to certify substandard ships in order to gain revenue.
And thats the gist of the story for almost every chinese product or construction. Substandard materials and cheap labour to win tenders and contracts because they are bid at a lower price.

If you want further confirmation, ask the marine engineering community. Their woes are far greater than mine.

I hate China because you're India's enemies. Simple. Is there anything to doubt or question about that? Your Politburo seems to think that you can steamroll your way and get it going as per your terms in every geopolitical situation.. but unfortunately for you, times are changing.
Cheers.
China is perceived as an enemy primarily because of reckless Chinese support of TSP (terrorist state of Pakistan). China gains nothing from TSP except an opportunity to create trouble for India, hold back our development and kill our soldiers.

India and China are two great ancient civilizations that could benefit a lot from cooperation. There was a period of cooperation during Hindi chini bhai bhai until 1962 when so many Chinese had settled in India and done well for themselves opening restaurants, dentist offices, other businesses. In fact a large percentage of dentists were Chinese immigrants. But the '62 invasion killed that.

India is now destined to develop and do well. The Chinese economy is in trouble - but cooperation with India could help the CCP develop the harmonius society that they want.

Please stop supporting TSP. Recall your weapons from TSP that are targeting only India. And together we can build an advanced harmonius society.

armyofhind

Country flag
China is perceived as an enemy primarily because of reckless Chinese support of TSP (terrorist state of Pakistan). China gains nothing from TSP except an opportunity to create trouble for India, hold back our development and kill our soldiers.
Dont forget to mention the chinese support to the Naxals/Maoists and various terrorist factions in the northeast like ALFA/ULFA, NSCN-K etc. Money trails have already been uncovered leading to the chinese and forget the money, most of these insurgents fight with a Type-56 in their hand.
So its not just support to Porkistan that the chinese do to damage India.
@Bornubus and other more informed members might be able to explain more here.

India and China are two great ancient civilizations that could benefit a lot from cooperation. There was a period of cooperation during Hindi chini bhai bhai until 1962 when so many Chinese had settled in India and done well for themselves opening restaurants, dentist offices, other businesses. In fact a large percentage of dentists were Chinese immigrants. But the '62 invasion killed that.
Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai was just a diplomatic/cultural farce to create the necessary lull in awareness before invading India. The invasion and this cooperation programme are not exclusive to each other but rather a well thought out strategy.
Also note, what did the Indians gain out of this so-called period of friendship?
India is now destined to develop and do well. The Chinese economy is in trouble - but cooperation with India could help the CCP develop the harmonius society that they want.

Please stop supporting TSP. Recall your weapons from TSP that are targeting only India. And together we can build an advanced harmonius society.
China wont ever do that because they would never want India to prosper and become a major player in Asia to challenge its dominance.
So liberals and Aman-ki-Asha dove types need to pull their heads out of the sand and see that in a sense, we have already been at war.
I'm not even going into the shadow war between intelligence agencies that goes on day and night behind the scenes.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I'm not really a lover of chinese like yourself my friend.
And I'm not trolling. You got a problem with my posts, ignore them. Strangely enough, you're the only one who seems embarrased.
If India gets it's own version of that argueless troller Pakistani PatriotLover, obviously it's embarrassing.

If not links, you could at least argue.
Doesn't seem like trolling to me tbh.

There are plenty of cheap quality products coming out of china, including in my line of work (industrial manufacturing.)
But there's a way civil way to argue with links and not to defy facts. Just look at those 10 years old kid like posts few pages back. Reaching nowhere, still tends to reply somethung, akin to a paki troll which I don't wanna name.
My question is to you, when Pakis come to you and say your weapon, launcher or anything etc. is fake, what'll you do? Obviously laugh. Same is happening here.

For cheap products, our growth may have surpassed but China still possesses 10 times MVA (manufacturing value added) per capita of India. That's enough reason not to troll till we manufacture ourselves.

armyofhind

Country flag
If India gets it's own version of that argueless troller Pakistani PatriotLover, obviously it's embarrassing.

If not links, you could at least argue.

But there's a way civil way to argue with links and not to defy facts. Just look at those 10 years old kid like posts few pages back. Reaching nowhere, still tends to reply somethung, akin to a paki troll which I don't wanna name.
My question is to you, when Pakis come to you and say your weapon, launcher or anything etc. is fake, what'll you do? Obviously laugh. Same is happening here.

For cheap products, our growth may have surpassed but China still possesses 10 times MVA (manufacturing value added) per capita of India. That's enough reason not to troll till we manufacture ourselves.
Are you even making sense here? Go and read first what I've mentioned in my posts. I have worked on Chinese vessels and know what it means to face problems/danger to life and limb because of poor build of a ship and its associated equipment.
Your argument of comparison to pakistanis is baseless because in the case of a paki, he doesnt have any firsthand experience with weapon, launcher etc like you mentioned.

A person like yourself who works an office job and has never been out on the high seas would know little about ships and what it means when a ship has good or bad build quality.
Dont take my word for it but do an exercise. Go and ask anyone involved in the merchant marine or anyone who works in any capacity on any kind of ship, and one who is NOT Chinese about ships of Chinese build. You'll get to hear it from the horses's mouth.

And like I said, you are the only one who seems to be embarrassed about my posts. Nobody else here has said anything. So I dont really give a damn about your twisted sensibilities.
This isnt the first time I've seen you go against your own people to suckle up to the Chinese so frankly it doesn't come as any surprise here.

J20!

Country flag
Are you even making sense here? Go and read first what I've mentioned in my posts. I have worked on Chinese vessels and know what it means to face problems/danger to life and limb because of poor build of a ship and its associated equipment.
Your argument of comparison to pakistanis is baseless because in the case of a paki, he doesnt have any firsthand experience with weapon, launcher etc like you mentioned.

A person like yourself who works an office job and has never been out on the high seas would know little about ships and what it means when a ship has good or bad build quality.
Dont take my word for it but do an exercise. Go and ask anyone involved in the merchant marine or anyone who works in any capacity on any kind of ship, and one who is NOT Chinese about ships of Chinese build. You'll get to hear it from the horses's mouth.

And like I said, you are the only one who seems to be embarrassed about my posts. Nobody else here has said anything. So I dont really give a damn about your twisted sensibilities.
This isnt the first time I've seen you go against your own people to suckle up to the Chinese so frankly it doesn't come as any surprise here.
The reason I call your "experience" dubious is you don't qualify your concerns with specifics. What "problems/danger to life and limb" did you face?

Faulty engines, navigation equipment, safety equipment, lighting, was it a problem with hull construction quality, anti-slip polydimethylsiloxane paint? What was so dangerous and faulty on the ships?

All you're saying is "poor build of a ship and associated equipment" which is a vacuous statement considering that freight ships are massive hulls containing hundreds of systems and sub-systems.

Chinese civilian and military vessels have orders from all over the world. Please show us a few complaints from those users regarding "poor quality"...

I couldn't care less about you hating China. It's water off a ducks back really, but give us some substance to your complaints on Chinese shipbuilding, I'd be very interested to see some supportable facts.

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
The reason I call your "experience" dubious is you don't qualify your concerns with specifics. What "problems/danger to life and limb" did you face?
First of all, the post you've quoted wasn't directed at you so don't get your panties in a knot and jump in like an uninvited pest.

Faulty engines, navigation equipment
Not really. Engine and Navigation tech isn't so advanced in China that they can equip all seating ships built in China with it. Even if they do, they'll fail to obtain a reputable classification for it. That equates to lack of good business.

So the Chinese shipbuilding industry which builds ships for trading in European and American areas equips their vessels with engines by SULZER or MAN B&W. I've worked on two chinese vessels, both with MAN engines.

Nav equipment and Radar - Japanese and American. Tokimec and Raytheon/Furuno.

hull construction quality
Pathetic. I've worked on vessels of Russian and Norwegian build that have a better build quality and deck condition after 15/20 years at sea than Chinese built ships which are relatively new at 4 to 5 years old.

On one vessel, the backup pitot speed log chamber in the forepeak tank breached.. that is actually supposed to be one of the strongest areas of the ship.
Water ingress started inside the hull. Which is a critical emergency for a ship.
We had to literally keep three men on 24 hours shifts on rotation constantly to keep pumping out the water.

Take it from an experienced sailor, navigation equipment doesn't really matter as much for the safety of the crew as the build quality of the ship.

The same poor verdict can be given for the safety equipment manufactured in Chinese shipyards.
Lifebuoys and life jackets which are supposed to last 12 months in storage on deck as per SOLAS guidelines cracked up in 3 months.

COP pump casings cracked under use on the last Chinese vessel I worked on and started leaking crude inside the pumproom. These things are never supposed to happen.

Speaks a lot for itself about the pathetic build quality of what's manufactured in Chinese shipyards.
Add to that the miserly attitude of Chinese shipowners, who never alot enough funds for the maintenance of a ship and try to get by with as little as possible, and you have a lethal mix as far as the safety on a ship is concerned.

Like I've said earlier, ask anyone who works on any capacity on a ship and who is not Chinese, they will give the same exact verdict as me about Chinese built ships.

Try and find out about the number of Chinese ships who have a Lloyd's A1 certification or are registered in American or Danish ports. The number, will be extremely small, if any exist at all.

Do some real research before opening your yap about things you don't know.

India22

Wait for BNP to win and China will have upper hand. I say, before China can lease Bangladesh's Chittagong, we should lease it and connect it by building a road from Agartala to Chittagang. India also needs to be active in solving Myanmar-Bangladesh border disputes.

Edit If India really decides to expel 20 million Bangladeshis, Bangladeshis are surely going to vote for BNP. I have read internet Bangladeshi comments, rabidly anti-India they are.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
First of all, the post you've quoted wasn't directed at you so don't get your panties in a knot and jump in like an uninvited pest.

Not really. Engine and Navigation tech isn't so advanced in China that they can equip all seating ships built in China with it. Even if they do, they'll fail to obtain a reputable classification for it. That equates to lack of good business.

So the Chinese shipbuilding industry which builds ships for trading in European and American areas equips their vessels with engines by SULZER or MAN B&W. I've worked on two chinese vessels, both with MAN engines.

Nav equipment and Radar - Japanese and American. Tokimec and Raytheon/Furuno.

Pathetic. I've worked on vessels of Russian and Norwegian build that have a better build quality and deck condition after 15/20 years at sea than Chinese built ships which are relatively new at 4 to 5 years old.

On one vessel, the backup pitot speed log chamber in the forepeak tank breached.. that is actually supposed to be one of the strongest areas of the ship.
Water ingress started inside the hull. Which is a critical emergency for a ship.
We had to literally keep three men on 24 hours shifts on rotation constantly to keep pumping out the water.

Take it from an experienced sailor, navigation equipment doesn't really matter as much for the safety of the crew as the build quality of the ship.

The same poor verdict can be given for the safety equipment manufactured in Chinese shipyards.
Lifebuoys and life jackets which are supposed to last 12 months in storage on deck as per SOLAS guidelines cracked up in 3 months.

COP pump casings cracked under use on the last Chinese vessel I worked on and started leaking crude inside the pumproom. These things are never supposed to happen.

Speaks a lot for itself about the pathetic build quality of what's manufactured in Chinese shipyards.
Add to that the miserly attitude of Chinese shipowners, who never alot enough funds for the maintenance of a ship and try to get by with as little as possible, and you have a lethal mix as far as the safety on a ship is concerned.

Like I've said earlier, ask anyone who works on any capacity on a ship and who is not Chinese, they will give the same exact verdict as me about Chinese built ships.

Try and find out about the number of Chinese ships who have a Lloyd's A1 certification or are registered in American or Danish ports. The number, will be extremely small, if any exist at all.

Do some real research before opening your yap about things you don't know.
Ignore the trolls buddy, its fairly obvious about the low quality of Chinese manufactured goods. Ships are a sophisticated example, you only need to look at small tools (Harbor Freight, Ryobi), electronic parts, even kids toys. The only reason anybody buys anything made in China is because they figure they can afford to replace 10 cheaper Chinese made junk products rather than spend money on a better quality non Chinese product.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Ignore the trolls buddy, its fairly obvious about the low quality of Chinese manufactured goods. Ships are a sophisticated example, you only need to look at small tools (Harbor Freight, Ryobi), electronic parts, even kids toys. The only reason anybody buys anything made in China is because they figure they can afford to replace 10 cheaper Chinese made junk products rather than spend money on a better quality non Chinese product.
Man their products are as crappy as pakis farts
i purchased a JBL bluetooth speaker(flip 3) 3 months ago worth close to 8k rupees and its not working for about 3 days.

YOU CANNOT TRUST A SNAKE,AND A CHINESE PRODUCT(IRRESPECTIVE OF BRAND)

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Man their products are as crappy as pakis farts
i purchased a JBL bluetooth speaker(flip 3) 3 months ago worth close to 8k rupees and its not working for about 3 days.

YOU CANNOT TRUST A SNAKE,AND A CHINESE PRODUCT(IRRESPECTIVE OF BRAND)
There was news going on around here not to buy hair bands that were made in China because they were made out of recycled condoms. :laugh:

In November 2007, news emerged from China that some hair bands manufactured there were found to have been made from recycled condoms. The prophylactic hair ties were discovered in Dongguan and Guangzhou, two cities in the province of Guangdong. (The colorful hair bands were believed to have been manufactured in Jinhua, a city in the province of Zhejiang.) The "secret ingredient" came to light when a young woman in Dongguan thought to investigate the hair bands given to her in a local salon after one began to fray, revealing an unexpected color inside.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
BD future Stage 1.

Stage 2.

What must be India/Modi's priority right now on BD?? :rofl:

‑ President Ziaur Mujibur Rahman
‑ Prime Minister Khaleda Hasina
‑ Speaker Anybody with a microphone

Declaration of Independence

Changes after every 5 years. Never from ITSELF (orcorrupt politicians, for that matter)

Currency
Paan, Bhaat, Taka, number of sons

Religion
Islam, Hinduism, Sunglasses, Cricket

Population
170 million on land, the rest underwater

Area
Expanding due to flood control by India's dams.
Population density
per sq. km

Ethnic groups
fokirs, rickshaw drivers, noakhalis, BNP, and The Great Awamileague (well you get the point)

Major exports
Immigrants, Head lice

Major imports
Disease, famine, Floods

National Animal
Mango

National animal
Bengali Politicans

Favourite pastime
Eve teasing, playing Ludo, loitering around and doing nothing, running from natural disasters, producing strikes for no reason, fighting, spitting and peeing on the roads, stealing each other's sandals from the mosque

Hours of operation
Workers always on strike due to national animals being loose on the streets

Everything about Bangladesh!:biggrin2:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bangladesh

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China battles India for stake in Bangladesh’s biggest stock exchange
There have been complaints of favouritism towards India after China’s larger offer was rebuffed

Agence France-Presse Thursday, 15 Feb 2018, 2:57AM
India and China have launched rival bids for a large stake in Bangladesh’s stock exchange, officials said on Thursday, as the Asian powers jostle for strategic influence in the region.

Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) chief executive Majedur Rahman confirmed India’s National Stock Exchange had offered 15 taka ($0.18) per share during a tender process this month for a 25 per cent stake in the bourse’s 1.8 billion shares.

China’s Shanghai and Shenzen stock exchanges made a joint higher bid of 22 taka ($0.26) per share, or US$122 million, and “also offered technical support worth nearly US$37 million”
, Rahman told AFP.

An exchange official said the Chinese bid was approved by the board but it was rebuffed by Bangladesh’s financial regulators, sparking allegations of political meddling.

“The BSEC [Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission] declined to give the order to go ahead,” the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “It also asked the DSE to further scrutinise the proposals.”

Bangladesh blacklists Chinese construction firm, cancels highway deal after bribe claim

The BSEC declined to comment on whether the Chinese offer had been formally rejected.

But the regulator’s executive director Saifur Rahman told AFP it could “always override the exchange’s decisions”.

“No final conclusion has been drawn yet. The auction process is still at an early stage,” he said.

Local reports had blamed political interference for the alleged favouritism toward India, despite the offer from the Mumbai-based stock exchange falling short of China’s more lucrative bid by nearly 50 per cent.

The competing bids have exposed tensions in Bangladesh as it juggles growing interest from China against long-standing ties with India, its large and influential neighbour.

New Delhi threw its weight behind the 2014 elections that returned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to power, despite allegations from the opposition that the vote was rigged.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has made big investments in Bangladesh and Indian companies have won lucrative multibillion contracts in key sectors in recent years.

But increasingly it must counter China, which has courted India’s arch-rival Pakistan and strategic Indian Ocean nations including Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

Xi Jinping became the first Chinese president to visit Bangladesh in more than three decades when he touched down in Dhaka in October 2016 to sign deals worth more than US$20 billion.

But there have been setbacks, with Bangladesh last month blacklisting a top Chinese construction firm for allegedly trying to bribe a senior government official.

http://m.scmp.com/news/asia/east-as...l-powers-china-india-battle-bangladesh-bourse

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View from Dhaka Tribune: India needs to keep Bangladesh on its side if it hopes to take on China
Bangladesh tends to lean towards India on most issues, but has not been treated the same by Delhi.
by Ranjan Basu
Published Yesterday · 09:30 pm
Prakash Singh/AFP

Given China’s aggressive and largely successful policy of expanding its sphere of influence among India’s neighbors, Bangladesh’s support for India stands in stark contrast to other countries in the region. Many Indian analysts think that Dhaka continues to maintain a delicate balance between Delhi and Beijing. In fact, it is widely held that Bangladesh tends to lean towards India on most issues because of the two countries’ proximity in geography and mindset, but is disappointed at not being treated the same way by Delhi.

The most glaring and recent example of this is the ongoing Rohingya crisis, which is nearing its sixth month.

These views were expressed during a discussion at the Institute of Chinese Studies, Delhi, on January 24. Dr Jonathan DT Ward, one of the leading experts on China, was the keynote speaker at the event.

Ward made an interesting prediction that day: “The 1962 war between China and India was fought on the Himalayan border, mainly in Arunachal. But if there is any future war between these two countries, it will be centred on the sea,” he said. “The China-India tension is gradually shifting towards the maritime domain, especially in the Indian Ocean Region.”

‘String of Pearls’
That China wants to surround India on South by establishing seaports in different countries is nothing new. Geopolitical experts often call it the “String of Pearls”, where the pearls stretch over the Strait of Malacca, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Pakistan, and even the Strait of Hormuz, all the way to Somalia.

Meanwhile, there has already been significant progress towards the establishment of a Chinese economic corridor passing through Pakistan. It will stretch all the way from China to the Gwadar port, situated on the Arabian Sea in the Balochistan province of Pakistan.

Another recent development is that China is likely to set up a military base in Jiwani, 85 km West of the Gwadar port. In that case, this will be the second Chinese military establishment on foreign soil after Djibouti.

It is therefore apparent that Pakistan, in a way, allows China to use its land the way it wants to. It is almost the same when it comes to Sri Lanka, Nepal, the Maldives, and Myanmar. Bangladesh is the only exception to this trend.

Former Indian diplomat Chandrashekhar Dasgupta, also a former ambassador to China, said without hesitation: “The Chinese President Xi Jinping signed a cheque worth almost $26bn when he visited Bangladesh. Even then, it cannot be said that Dhaka has gone into China’s grip.”

He added: “Even after knowing that India cannot compete with China’s capacity for providing aid, the Sheikh Hasina led-government is still clearly leaning towards India.”

Rohingya response

Dasgupta admitted that India failed to fulfill Bangladesh’s expectations regarding the Rohingya crisis. He said: “We [India] have probably put too much importance on Myanmar’s feelings. Maybe India should have accorded a bit more importance to the arguments of the country bearing the burden of thousands of refugees.”

Former Indian foreign secretary and former Indian ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao Menon, admitted that India does not have same economic prowess to spend money the way China spends, whether as aid or investment, on Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.

“But money is not everything in diplomacy – there are other means as well, which is called ‘smart diplomacy’,” said Rao, “In my opinion, India has only one way of stopping China’s increasing influence on South Asia – that is by implementing smart diplomacy.”

In private conversations, many Indian diplomats have expressed that it is not evident India has indeed implemented ‘smart diplomacy’ on the Rohingya issue.

But if one looks into China’s activities inside different Saarc countries in the last few months, it should not be difficult to understand why India should put more emphasis on Bangladesh’s India-leaning foreign policies.

It is not an exaggeration to say that China has surrounded India on all sides. China has made strong inroads in neighbouring countries other than Bhutan and Bangladesh, and India needs to address this trend sooner or later.

Retired brigadier Gurmit Kanwaal of the Indian Army now occupies the post of a senior fellow in Institute of Defence Studies and Analysis, a strategic think tank in Delhi. He categorically said: “India has to militarily reach out to countries like Bangladesh, the Maldives, and Nepal – the same way it helped the Afghan army.”

Kanwaal also stressed that India has no other way to fight China’s increasing dominion over the neighbouring countries.

“For some reason, a ‘security vacuum’ has been created in the Indo-Pacific zone. China is trying its best to take advantage of it, and India has no other option but to make a counter-strategy.”

Similar warnings have been issued by Tibet’s exiled Leader (Sikyong), Dr Lobsang Sangay, to India. No other country has borne the brunt of China’s aggressive policy like Tibet has, so it is very important to evaluate the advice of the Tibetan leadership.

In a telephone call from his exiled government’s capital, Dharmashala, Dr Sangay said: “I think India needs to start being careful. China is trying to surround India by creating a circle from Pakistan to Nepal-Bangladesh-Burma (Myanmar)-Sri Lanka, and has succeeded in this to some measure. India has to find a way to get out of this circle.”

The summary of the advice from key observers, diplomatic and political, is that India has to be more responsive, careful, and sympathetic towards its neighbours. And in the centre of all the diplomatic missions should lie Bangladesh – India’s trusted and tested ally.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/foreign-affairs/2018/02/12/bangladesh-centre-india-diplomacy/

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
In the past three years, Chinese enterprises have completed infrastructural projects in India with a total value of ten billion dollars or about Rs 65,000 crores!! That's more than the CPEC which Pak is dancing about!

So why should we be alarmed at Chinese investments in infra projects in other countries?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
In the past three years, Chinese enterprises have completed infrastructural projects in India with a total value of ten billion dollars or about Rs 65,000 crores!! That's more than the CPEC which Pak is dancing about!

So why should we be alarmed at Chinese investments in infra projects in other countries?
because it is not an infrastructure project but a military project termed as Infrastructure project.

prohumanity

Country flag
Tomorrow, elections are being held in Tripura where Communists ruled for last 25 years. Look carefully at the map and you can't miss the part of Tripura which just goes all the way inside Bangla Desh and almost touches port of Chittagong.
This part is very significant trade wise and militarily. Its just a few miles from port of Chittagong and goods can be sent from here right through Bay of Bengal to ASEAN countries. Miliatry base in this strip of land will be very safe as attack on it by a foreign power will lead to destruction of Bangla Desh...more than India.

Once India is penetrated too deep in Bangla Desh..the capacity of BD diminishes to have enmity with India,..even if china wants it.
The result is permanent strategic partnership between India and Bangla Desh and acceleration in trade thru port of Chittagong and Indian Navy aroun this port to safeguard these trade routes.

India's Act East policy and trade highway from Kolkata to Yangon to Bangkok to Ho chi minh city will lead to prosperity of entire north eastern part of India. Lets hope BJP wins in Tripura to carry out these BIG plans.

J20!

Country flag
CHINA’S CSSC LAUNCHES C-13B CORVETTE FOR BANGLADESH

https://quwa.org/2018/02/13/chinas-cssc-launches-c-13b-corvette-for-bangladesh/

Third C13B corvette for Bangladesh. Photo source: Sina
Daily News
Feb 13, 2018Bilal Khan -

Chinese media (via Sina) report that the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) launched the third Shadhinota-class C13B corvette for the Bangladesh Navy on 12 February 2018.

The Bangladesh Navy took delivery of its first two C13B corvettes in 2015 – i.e. the BNS Shadhinota (F11) and BNS Prottoy (F112). These are each equipped with four (2×2) C-802 anti-ship missiles, one FL-3000N point-defence missile system and one 76 mm main gun.

Although based on the same ship design, the third C13B appears to be equipped with a phased-array radar, potentially the SR2410C radar. This is an upgrade to the older mechanically-steered air and sea-search radars that equipped Bangladesh’s earlier vessels.

The SR2410C is a 3D S-band radar designed as an analogous counterpart to the Thales SMART-S Mk2, thus providing long-range air and surface surveillance coverage and the ability to guide missiles. The SR2410C reportedly has a range of 150+ km along with the capability to track up to 150 targets per rotation.

It also appears that the Bangladesh Navy has equipped one of its frigates, the BNS Abu Bakr (Type 053H2), with a phased-array radar. The specific radar model has not been confirmed.

Derived from the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Type 056 corvette, the C13B is an export-oriented design capable of taking on multiple roles, such as anti-ship warfare, sea-lines-of-communication and exclusive economic zone patrol and anti-submarine warfare.

The two corvettes already in service:

BNS Shadhinota (F111)

BNS Prottoy (F112)

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
CHINA’S CSSC LAUNCHES C-13B CORVETTE FOR BANGLADESH

https://quwa.org/2018/02/13/chinas-cssc-launches-c-13b-corvette-for-bangladesh/

Third C13B corvette for Bangladesh. Photo source: Sina
Daily News
Feb 13, 2018Bilal Khan -

Chinese media (via Sina) report that the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) launched the third Shadhinota-class C13B corvette for the Bangladesh Navy on 12 February 2018.

The Bangladesh Navy took delivery of its first two C13B corvettes in 2015 – i.e. the BNS Shadhinota (F11) and BNS Prottoy (F112). These are each equipped with four (2×2) C-802 anti-ship missiles, one FL-3000N point-defence missile system and one 76 mm main gun.

Although based on the same ship design, the third C13B appears to be equipped with a phased-array radar, potentially the SR2410C radar. This is an upgrade to the older mechanically-steered air and sea-search radars that equipped Bangladesh’s earlier vessels.

The SR2410C is a 3D S-band radar designed as an analogous counterpart to the Thales SMART-S Mk2, thus providing long-range air and surface surveillance coverage and the ability to guide missiles. The SR2410C reportedly has a range of 150+ km along with the capability to track up to 150 targets per rotation.

It also appears that the Bangladesh Navy has equipped one of its frigates, the BNS Abu Bakr (Type 053H2), with a phased-array radar. The specific radar model has not been confirmed.

Derived from the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Type 056 corvette, the C13B is an export-oriented design capable of taking on multiple roles, such as anti-ship warfare, sea-lines-of-communication and exclusive economic zone patrol and anti-submarine warfare.

The two corvettes already in service:

BNS Shadhinota (F111)

BNS Prottoy (F112)
Bangladesh being a rising economic power, with much better prospects than pakistan, naturally wants to have a military that matches its economic profile. But their defence budget isnt high enough for Western or Russian equipment, which leaves China as the only option. India can be that other option when it comes to naval purchases. A few shivalik class frigates would tremendously raise the BD navy's profile. But India is simply not being proactive.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles