To counter China, India must look towards Taiwan

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Taiwan has only shifted part of the production. The company I import from has shifted only partner it's production of items that are labor sensitive and also can be made in china without quality issues. Rest is made in Taiwan.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Taiwanese are more similar to Indians than they are mainland Chinese, is that what you want to say?
No chance of been similar. I am not so daft as some of you who invent the ridiculous to support an argument.

The issue is comfort level. Like it or not, a democratic setup is totally different from a totalitarian regime that is confused as to whether it is Communist or capitalist!

If the Taiwanese were so enamoured by Communist China and the comfort levels high, they would have joined Communist China?

That much for your being same and that much for how comfortable they are with Communist China.

While you may like to confuse the Indians that you are similar to the Taiwanese, the ground realities are quite different.

I gave you one example of how Taiwanese Chinese language is way different from Communist China's language.

In fact, even in Communist China, one region could not understand the other till standard Chinese was evolved by the CCP.

In China, you want all to be assembly line clones, like Ford T!

No individualism or individualistic freedom to evolve.

Hardly a great comfort level for normal human beings!

OK for assembly line robots and clones where one cannot differentiate from another!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You have to read Ray's post ten times in order to understand crux of his message. All he is saying that Taiwanese have a different outlook towards life. He is also making a point that to develop business relationship cultural similarities or differences do not matter much as long as one can realize the economic benefits in a long run. In Canada, I have some friends from Taiwan and ask them the question, If Taiwanese are similar to people from Mainland China
in their cultural
It requires the freedom to understand beyond the assembly line thought indoctrination trotted out from the womb to the tomb.

That is absent from the Communist Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Taiwan has only shifted part of the production. The company I import from has shifted only partner it's production of items that are labor sensitive and also can be made in china without quality issues. Rest is made in Taiwan.
If the production is in China, how is it that you guarantee that it will be not that shoddy as what is produced in China?

warriorextreme

Country flag
Well, Indians should open their mind and find out how taiwanese think about them by frequenting some forums based in taiwan, then talk about being close to taiwanese. Otherwise, you will end up like Ray fantasizing about being adored by everyone in this world.
I have two FB friends from taipei taiwan and both of them are crazzzyyy about india and indian culture....one of them travels to india every year and her only dream is to travel every corner of india...

here are some pics of taiwanis celebrating "India"

Taiwanese friends celebrating diwali(new year)

i very well know that there are pro and anti people in every country but i will bet on pro-indians..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are sure this was in Taiwan.

I would not be surprised if some 'wise' poster, emerging beyond the shores of India, would suddenly surface and claim it was in Mars! :rofl:

Some do feel that they have a lien on Taiwan even though the Taiwanese spurn them except in the favourite Chinese pastime - make money and more money!

warriorextreme

Country flag
You are sure this was in Taiwan.

I would not be surprised if some 'wise' poster, emerging beyond the shores of India, would suddenly surface and claim it was in Mars! :rofl:

Some do feel that they have a lien on Taiwan even though the Taiwanese spurn them except in the favourite Chinese pastime - make money and more money!
they are from my friend's FB album :) but she is not in it...there are many beautiful pics of how they celebrate everything about india but she is in those pics so can not post...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thank you.

Your photos indicate how ignorant some are.

To imagine and Indian festival being celebrated in far away lands with the locals participating in full swing!

Do they in Taiwan celebrate or revere Mao Tse Tung - the Great Helmsman?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Like our high manufacturing quality OFB products?
I have no problems till date why would they ?

They have good quantity of Small arms, But what they need is tanks, Arty, ATGM, SAMs..

As we induct more T-90s more T-72 are going for storage, We have good quantity of 105mm arty we can offer same for Vietnam..

Akash is 28km SAM which can be offered, It just Taiwan need to ask..

Param

I have no problems till date why would they ?

They have good quantity of Small arms, But what they need is tanks, Arty, ATGM, SAMs..

As we induct more T-90s more T-72 are going for storage, We have good quantity of 105mm arty we can offer same for Vietnam..

Akash is 28km SAM which can be offered, It just Taiwan need to ask..
Do you mean for free?

If it's not free they can buy better stuff from elsewhere.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Do you mean for free?

If it's not free they can buy better stuff from elsewhere.
The thing is they are trying hard but no one selling them..

We can Give T-72M1 like we did with Nepal, So does arty and other stuff in mass in cheap..

Taiwan have M48/47 running and older cannons given by US in 60s, Only Few modern system are available to them which they produced themselves..

I can open a new thread on Taiwan armed Forces for better Idea abt there military strength, That is If people want..

Param

The thing is they are trying hard but no one selling them..

We can Give T-72M1 like we did with Nepal, So does arty and other stuff in mass in cheap..

Taiwan have M48/47 running and older cannons given by US in 60s, Only Few modern system are available to them which they produced themselves..

I can open a new thread on Taiwan armed Forces for better Idea abt there military strength, That is If people want..
I may sound negative but only nukes, Prithvis, brahmos or Agnis is going to make a difference in the event of Taiwan being alone to defend itself from China.
If the US withdraws Taiwan is gone.
So supplying them with SRBMs and Brahmos would be more meaningful than T72.

jatkshatriya

Hey Guys....Help needed....I have come back to the forumm after a lonnnng time....I cant find the box where we type and press enter to send mssg in the shoutbox....cabn anyone help...apologies bringing it up here

ice berg

I may sound negative but only nukes, Prithvis, brahmos or Agnis is going to make a difference in the event of Taiwan being alone to defend itself from China.
If the US withdraws Taiwan is gone.
So supplying them with SRBMs and Brahmos would be more meaningful than T72.
Even without US, they will still manage just fine. The fact that they have never asked you show tell your something, right?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I may sound negative but only nukes, Prithvis, brahmos or Agnis is going to make a difference in the event of Taiwan being alone to defend itself from China.If the US withdraws Taiwan is gone.So supplying them with SRBMs and Brahmos would be more meaningful than T72.
They have something similar to PJ-10 but lack range, I personally don't think they need BM or Nukes, Chemical Warfare is good enough..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Taiwan, India Develop Military Ties
Inside China Today | Jan 2, 2002

TAIPEI, Jan 2, 2002 -- (dpa) Taiwan and India are secretly developing military ties to form an alliance against China,

"The military cooperation is limited to exchange of military intelligence," United Daily News (UDN) quoted an unnamed military official as saying.

"Taiwan has sent a military attache to its trade office in New Delhi and an Indian Air Force officer ... visited Taiwan at the invitation of Taiwan Air Force Commander-in-Chief Chen Chao-min," UDN military reporter Lu Teh-yun wrote.

Taiwan-India military contacts began before Lee Teng-hui stepped down as Taiwan's president in May 2000.

India has a border conflict with China, so India sees China as its potential enemy.

"For Taiwan, forming ties with India "is like laying a snare at China's backdoor; for India, it is like pushing thorns into China's front and bottom," Lu wrote.

China recently formed an alliance with Pakistan, providing arms to Pakistan to counter India, the article said.

Because India is a nuclear power, the United States fears Taiwan might seek nuclear weapons from India, it said.

India has diplomatic ties with China but has trade links with Taiwan, which is regarded by China as its province to be liberated.

India and Taiwan started their annual trade talks in 1992, exchanged trade offices in 1995 and signed an investment protection pact in 1998.

The UDN report is likely to prompt China to protest to India and demand India expell Taiwan's military attache.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles