Tipu Sultan

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
The Temple Entry Proclamation issued by Maharaja Shri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma and his Dewan Sir C. P. Ramaswami Iyer in 1936 abolished the ban on low-caste people or avarnas from entering Hindu Temples in the state of Travancore

Profoundly convinced of the truth and validity of our religion, believing that it is based on divine guidance and on all-comprehending toleration, knowing that in its practice it has through out the centuries, adapted itself to the needs of changing times, solicitous that none of our Hindu subjects should, by reason of birth or caste of community, be denied the consolations and the solace of the Hindu faith."

for HH the Maharaja

Diwan Sir C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer trvancore state

Its sad that still low caste people are treated badly and because of this bad treatment only , low caste people embrace other religions .

After 60 yrs of Independence, untouchability alive and kicking in India
Shobha John, TNN 3 August 2009, 09:35am IST
After 60 yrs of Independence, untouchability alive and kicking in India - India - NEWS - The Times of India

S.A.T.A

If that were the case then it been a 1000 years since foreign religions were actively involved in India,there should have been much lesser Hindus.Perhaps that does not explains why Dalit Muslims and Dalit Christians want the reservation benefits to continue to be extended to them despite their apparent change in religion.

peacecracker

One thing repeatedly needed to tell:Inorder to abolish caste system from India ,some "number game" fellows expects them to convert to islam or Christianity.Do your research in India itself: There is caste system still thriving inside islam and Christianity.I can understand a religious guy brainwashed craving for more numbers and waiting for the last war between the "pure" and infidels.but please- caste system is different.it cannot be solved by just conversion.
--
The real action is to ban caste system.and the question is how can we achieve ,changing more than 115crore population's perception of caste system? add pakistan and bangladesh as well which too indirectly have the caste system.

heck ,there are justifications for caste system by some parts of Hinduism in this new era too!.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
If that were the case then it been a 1000 years since foreign religions were actively involved in India,there should have been much lesser Hindus.Perhaps that does not explains why Dalit Muslims and Dalit Christians want the reservation benefits to continue to be extended to them despite their apparent change in religion.
Outside religions were inside in India but they were never in complete control . They existed and even ruled because native kings were not united and allied with them.
its quite simple , the reservation for SC and ST are the reasons , its nothing but to take benefits and in real this reservation system is making this caste system to continue .

afriend

this is not the only thing which happened .. many more things have been done by british on the name of civilisation or white mans burden ......when britishers took away the kohinoor diamond etc., china claimed things which indians did before they even know spell of it like chess its even now claimed that chineese found when our indians have played chess before they even the name of it..... its an old famous game played by kings .like wise we can see many others in scientific and other developments in our country before any other country could do it ....... we have got many things born in our soil before they were even civilised ....
But the sad part is, we uphold our cultural heritage for Moral policing. And we have long forgotten how capable we were and we are..!!! The faliure of kaveri engine, and the time to taken to develop our indegineious systems is one such example. More focus should be given to science and technology right from the school..!!!!

Flint

I think, ironically, the caste system prevented the rapid spread of Abrahmic religions in India, rather than vice versa.

afriend

Outside religions were inside in India but they were never in complete control . They existed and even ruled because native kings were not united and allied with them.
its quite simple , the reservation for SC and ST are the reasons , its nothing but to take benefits and in real this reservation system is making this caste system to continue .
Reservations was a necessity in earlier times, but we have long grown from it. Some where down the lane, we became more focussed on religion,region,caste that we really forgot that we have to develop the nation. Beurocracy the legacy we inherited from British raj and redtapism is also really putting a speed break on the countries development.

And the real issue here that we have is, focus is given on education, but how well there are opportunities available for these kids to innovate. We should be focussed on result oriented education, keeping in mind the growth of the country. Every body is studying to become a graduates and MANAGERS, but i don't know how many are studying for being a part of an innovative India.

S.A.T.A

So we agree that the majority Hindus(who are caste Hindus)have no incentive to perpetuate the system of untouchability and the associated practices.60 years on India still has cases of rape and homicide,like such cases untouchability is a social aberration,its not institutionalized by the Hindu society or by the religion anymore.

P.S:We have digressed enough from the subject of the topic

Flint

Alright everyone, lets all get back to topic - Tipu Sultan's use of Rockets

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
So we agree that the majority Hindus(who are caste Hindus)have no incentive to perpetuate the system of untouchability and the associated practices.60 years on India still has cases of rape and homicide,like such cases untouchability is a social aberration,its not institutionalized by the Hindu society or by the religion anymore.

P.S:We have digressed enough from the subject of the topic
I cant say that majority of hindus practice caste system or not but it does exist mostly in rural areas and its said taht real india lives in rural areas . And this caste system is there because its part of religion . As i always says that laws can be reformed but cant change completely .

Well i m new and these caste system topic comes out automatically because of events which occurs time to time

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think, ironically, the caste system prevented the rapid spread of Abrahmic religions in India, rather than vice versa.
May be u are right as the warrior caste the rajputs were the first to accept them unlike the Southern rulers . Christianity is spreading just because of caste system in Southern and Eastern India .. Warangal is a city in Andhra Pradesh and now everywhere tehre are Churches and low caste hindus are embracing Christianity in large numbers .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Reservations was a necessity in earlier times, but we have long grown from it. Some where down the lane, we became more focussed on religion,region,caste that we really forgot that we have to develop the nation. Beurocracy the legacy we inherited from British raj and redtapism is also really putting a speed break on the countries development..
This reservations policy has now become the caste based politics , which is damaging the country more .

And the real issue here that we have is, focus is given on education, but how well there are opportunities available for these kids to innovate. We should be focussed on result oriented education, keeping in mind the growth of the country. Every body is studying to become a graduates and MANAGERS, but i don't know how many are studying for being a part of an innovative India
The way reservation is there in educational institutions , its making more and more youths uncomfortable from those who are not SC and ST . it would be better that there should be merit system in which all would be selected by thier grades not by caste .

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Happy Birthday Tipu Sultan.

Soil and soul connect with Sanskrit at Melkote

Melkote had been ruled by a dynasty founded by
Yaduraya. His clan had built several water retaining structures --
kalyanis-- of great effectiveness and beauty. A small scholarly
community had thriven there. In early 19th century, Tipu Sultan's
army descended on a Deepavali day and massacred 800 citizens, mostly
of a sect known as Mandyam Iyengars. Sanskrit scholarship had been
their forte. [To this day Melkote does not celebrate Deepavali]. That
slaughter rendered Melkote a near ghost town. Its environmentally
connected life was broken, kalyanis went to ruin, water shortage
became endemic, the hills went brown. Sanskrit lost a home.

Bilal

I will say jahangir was by far the best emperor there was,under whom there was stability.

Bilal

Well brother i did read about him,what you know of him?do enlighten us..

Bilal

What you think of Akbar?like him?i say he was way to laid back,Shah jahan,and jahangir were better.

bose

Country flag
Well brother i did read about him,what you know of him?do enlighten us..
Dara was the eldest son of Shan Jahan and far the best human being of their generation, he was the favourite of Shan Jahan but fell out with Aurangazeb... If he had been the emperor then the Mughul dynesty would not have fallen part so quickly after Aurangazeb...

try the following link.

Dara Shikoh, the forgotten Prince of Islam

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles