Time to conduct megaton weapon test

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Megaton device tests won't achieve anything positive at this stage. The world has thrown its weight behind India after August 5. We should look as indifferent as possible, but be prepared for any act of stupidity by pakistan that's been pushed to the wall.

Once the dust of kashmir settles down, we should test an ICBM that can reach the UK, just to tame the posh cunts there who think they still enjoy a military/economic leverage over India. Also an SLBM.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Big desert isn't enough to protect population from fallout and tremors of a 100kT nuke. North Korea tested in sea. Atmospheric and underwater tests will result in even bigger consequences for Indian climate.

You don't even know the N of nuke technology but asking me to get "real"?
Oh yeah yeah i dont know the N of nuclear technology and you are the chief scientist at the BARC. Rajasthan is big enough for even exploding a 50 mt bomb in Thar desert and the result will be just a minor earthquake in pakistans bordering areas with India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Oh yeah yeah i dont know the N of nuclear technology and you are the chief scientist at the BARC.
I don't need to be a scientist. I'm just less miserable given that I don't make such nonsense remarks.

As told before, you don't even know the N. I don't need to be expert to contradict you.
Rajasthan is big enough for even exploding a 50 mt bomb in Thar desert and the result will be just a minor earthquake in pakistans bordering areas with India.
Who will save civilians from radiations fall out in entire India and across the border?
Quakes would cross richter 6. Communications will be interrupted & damaged. Radiations will affect entire Indian Subcontinent, Middle east, Central Asia & even East Asia.

Crew who will detonate won't be able to escape.

Chinmoy

Country flag
oh really? was it tested near Delhi or Mumbai? We have got a big desert in Raj. Even a tiny country like North Korea exploded a 6 mt device. Get real mate.
Underground nuclear tests did came out after the Tsar Bomba incident. The idea was to minimize the radioactive fall out. So yes, if we have tested a MT device underground, there would not have been any fallout effect just like Shakti tests.
But fallout is not the only case. Underground blast involve one more catastrophic, Seismic effect. So one have to keep in mind the seismic zone of the test site too in mind. Now Pokhran falls in a Zone III which makes it a moderate zone prone to earthquakes.

https://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/india/seismiczone.htm

Now one needs to do a detailed seismographic study of the site and effect of a underground test before going with one. At the time of Shakti, it was not even possible to do that for obvious reason. So the way around was to scale down the yield output and test your design.

@Aaj ka hero ... Castle Bravo test was designed to be a 5 MT device, but the yield came out to be 15 MT. So theoretically that too was a failed test. Now as I said that we had reason for scaling down our design during test. Now if we have not got the desired yield with our scaled down model, it doesn't mean that the design itself was a failure. The original design might have worked perfectly.

As far as HYDROGEN part is concerned, yes, we have tested a BF device instead of a Fusion one in Shakti. But rest assured, we had started working on Fusion design since the later part of last decade.

As far as testing one right now is concerned, One has to be a responsible Nuclear state rather then a Rogue Nuclear state.

Vijyes

Gentlemen, i think now we really need to test a megaton device and make porkistan and their commie gook masters shit their pants. We really need to send a message through testing a 10 mt bomb to show our seriousness about our territorial integrity.
I hope you know the power of 10MT blast underground can cause massive earthquake. It is enough if India tests 2 stage bomb regardless of the explosive power. The 2nd stage is made of hydrogen (deuterium, tritium) which has no critical mass and can be expanded as per wishes. So, just proof of 2 stage is enough.

Not really . International community stands with us on matter of Kashmir. Only porky are barking. Even china has remained quiet.

No point moving the needle . Although if international opinion was against us or if unsc tries to do some mischief then I'd agree with your suggestions.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
International community doesn't exist. It is just NATO that you consider as international community.

Secondly, it is important for India to have 2 stage bomb if 200-300 kT. 1MT bomb is wasteful as it is better to place 3 warheads of 200kT than single 1MT warhead.

oh really? was it tested near Delhi or Mumbai? We have got a big desert in Raj. Even a tiny country like North Korea exploded a 6 mt device. Get real mate.
Do you know that India has no place without population. Even deserts and forests have villages and tribals living. Pokhran has some empty area but within 100km there are many villages. We can in only test in Lakshadweep without much collateral damage. Pokhran also is earthquake probe area and major blast can trigger

Global Defence

New threads

Articles