Time to conduct megaton weapon test

Flame Thrower

We cannot afford to look weak, i do not even support mr. Doval visisting china. We should have responded to chinese military exercise in in tibet with our own military exercise in Aunanchal and ladakh.
Buddy, you know nothing about international politics....

Looking strong neither means tough talk nor going in with all guns blazing.

A simple act of defiance is more than enough.

Coming to Doval visiting China - It neither means we will withdraw our troops nor we are ready to accept terms.

This also shows that we want to sort out the issue, but only on mutually agreed terms. We also disagree with China on this particular issue, yet thrive for development. In short, more Brownies scored.

Coming to exercise, we've been doing it since 1987. If we do any exercise, we'll be directly playing into their hands(I.e., more material for Chinese Propaganda). With no exercise, we've simply showed the world that we hardly care them. In short, this exercise was aimed to get some response and China failed miserably.

Wont mind any of this, GOI screwed up on CAG, less speak, better we are.

Lets wait and watch, BTW bad show GOI. NSA has no idea what CAG report has ? Fire either or both. We have been played around.
C'MON man....only classic textbook tactics in a way saying that we are well prepared.

Quoting Sun Tzu " When you are able, behave as unable; when you're far, behave as you're near".

A report from govt. body like CAG will only add more confusion to the cocktail mixture(no response from Modi; mixed response from media; full support from people of India; unexpected reaction and mixed messages in SCS).

Let me tell you guys, if you don't know/understand doesn't mean that there are no plans. China knows it, that is the reason they are barking, but not daring for an adventure.

Coming to being played around, I agree China started the game, but we're nowhere near being played. This is the reason for all propaganda articles and stupid video releases, meeting Pappu, exercises and what not. For some strange and unexplained reasons, I think we're making China to jump around to pushing it to make a mistake, so that we can take advantage of it. Yet, I don't underestimate China.

I am just a crazy it professional, if I can think of this...I bet right people at right places will know lot more.

Thus I rest my case

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
That is what termed as yield to weight ratio, which is what I have used in information above.
for 5mt experiment you will use thermo nuclear concept
I highly suspect that. If successful, return of project will only yield after 20 years and amount of resources it require are far greater than its yield. Testing the bomb in coming 5 years and facing sanctions for next 3 years is far more economical.
well what I said is just a concept economical it is not but this is one way you can test.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Testing an ICBM w/ MIRV maybe the best choice now? Megaton weapons are cold war era
weapons. MIRV's more damage over a widespread area and better accuracy.
i liked your post becuse i agree for sure about the measures that you have suggested
but i certainly DO NOT agree if yuu suggest to do the firs one now

i have always said a megaton nuke test is necessary but the timinfg has to be exatly right ,,,, i mean EXACTLY !
and i think one Meg is sufficient because as another postr has said it is a cold war era strategy adn today mirvs are better and newer strategy

but a 1 meg weapon is a prestige and it should only be done as a surprise and only if a 2 nation front is attacking us ...eg chipak - then we do a megaton test to scare the hell out of them .... we already have range for all their cities - so we show our willpower at the very last moment to warn them that if it comes to it we will nuke their cities

it is a MAD option - mututally assured .....etc etc

The first condition of test is that everything should be ready to test and in case of H bomb test,
yes exactlly thats why i sadi only as a last option ...... and as you rightly said all the homewarok must be done before hand - the whole package has to be ready and only te last button to be pushed - it requires tremendous organization

May be get ready to face isolation.
Correct me though.
well i think youre right but if we are attacked by two fronts chipak then we have justification
and we are going for MAD threat - it's the end of the world scenario

2nd & goals.
Wait... If we have war, defeat China first, then test all kinds of weapons as show after the very next day of victory
i think in the case of this doklam challenge right now . i would say the exact opposite
we fight a conventional war with china we are more likely to win
if they escalae and start threatening with nukes , then to call attentio of the international communiaty ( useless bumch ) we do a thermonuke test to let china know we are eually serious and will nuke their cities ....if we win conventional and china accepts then do not test thermo N

also ref to ;-

O_________

Zebra

Country flag
well i think youre right but if we are attacked by two fronts

chipak then we have justification
and we are going for MAD threat - it's the end of the world scenario
Recent case was just a drama , which gone bit far then it supposed to be.
And that is the way I look at it.

In past, couple of years back, China was ready to grill Modi's a$$.
It was US who stopped China.
After it Modi become bold towards China.

Now onwards, if US back off and China decides to go hard against India, at any cost.
Then Modi's nukes won't stop China.
Try it, you will get it.

Country flag
i liked your post becuse i agree for sure about the measures that you have suggested
but i certainly DO NOT agree if yuu suggest to do the firs one now

i have always said a megaton nuke test is necessary but the timinfg has to be exatly right ,,,, i mean EXACTLY !
and i think one Meg is sufficient because as another postr has said it is a cold war era strategy adn today mirvs are better and newer strategy

but a 1 meg weapon is a prestige and it should only be done as a surprise and only if a 2 nation front is attacking us ...eg chipak - then we do a megaton test to scare the hell out of them .... we already have range for all their cities - so we show our willpower at the very last moment to warn them that if it comes to it we will nuke their cities
-
Here is my reasoning:
A megaton test would have no strategic impact
A MIRV test would add a new strategic dimension it would be a threat to
Both China and its lapdog Pak
A megaton test would hurt our civilian nuclear program
It would have a impact on our nuclear deals with many countries
A megaton test would give China credibility to vote against us in NSG
We have unofficially signed a test ban treaty in our nuclear deals
The nuclear deals are important for our future economic growth
A MIRV test would be a much greater strategic message without
Impacting any of the above and it would even make us a stronger
Candidate for UN Security Council since no non members have MIRV ICBm's.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hi friends, with the tensions increasing between India and china i think its time we called the chinese bluff by conducting tests of few weapon systems and taking such measures as may be required to augment our preparedness for war.

1. Test H Bombs with yeild at least 5 Megatons

This will send a strong messages to loud mouth commies that India is prepared to go any lengths to safeguard its sovereignty and that any misadventure by china will be a suicidal for the commies.

2. Test an ASAT weapon
Now I dont know what exactly can this weapon can do and how effective and significant can this weapon system be in a war but since china has already this weapon in its arsenal so should we. It is expected to destroy the enemy satellite systems thereby disrupting their communication systems and hence it can be an effective weapon of war. India seems to have developed a countermeasure against this weapon system which is called 'satellite on move' system.

But it is not the only such system in the world, there are other such system too which are operational with few other nations.

3. Test Agni 6 and K5

With the tests of surface launched A6 and submarine launched K5(naval Agni 5) we can demonstrate our ability to reduce any city of china to a nuclear wasteland even if we fire them from as far as east africa coast.

4. Augment our military industrial complex

Sadly our defence manufacturing is pitifully slow in the hands of sarkari babus who are doing their jobs in the sarkari way. We cannot trust these 'sarkari naukars' with the lives of our soldiers. We need to privatise defence manufacturing with strict quality control and deliveries in a timely manner.

We have got to boost the production of scorpenes, MKIs, Arihant class SSBNs and procurement of M 777 and other necessary military hardware. Next we should make the training of our troops more rigourous to harden them even further so that they shhot staraighter and quicker than the porkies and the gong feis.

Gentlemen, the war is coming.
I have nice info regarding ASAT but unfortunately not very active these days. Will tell once few days later.;)

airtel

Country flag

Now onwards, if US back off and China decides to go hard against India, at any cost.
Try it, you will get it.

That is not true..... We can defeat them without America support..

And yes they will not fight because they can't risk shanghai and Beijing for doklam. :scared1:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What is more important is the effectiveness of the delivery systems and survivability of the warheads (i.e. nuke triad)

5 megatons I don't think there are any country which fields 5 megaton weapons, they are not cost-effective.

5 megs were in the days when CEP of the missiles were in the kilometer range, these days the ICBMs have CEPs less than 100m and MIRV.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Try it, you will get it.
:lol:
Nice delusions....
Glad to see that you are still hard-core fanbois of america.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Try it, you will get it.
Fool, Modi has always been bold and you sugar daddy chinas balls just fell off after 1967 border war after that even viets whooped chinas arse so hard that they began to suffer from a inferiority complex now even tiny taiwan doesnt respect chinese as they just keep talking and issue warnings only, and Modis nuke wont stop china it will roast her till her skin starts crackling. Please ask china to grow a pair and attack instead of issuing warnings from a safe distance we have an old score to settle with them.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Here is the my reasoning:
I agree megaton test will be totally counterproductive. MIRV Agni VI should be tested coz it will disturb the strategic balance with china. Megaton test will hamper our civilian nuclear program will not help in any way. Infact govt is confident of entering wassenar and australia arrangements in near future. That will give us more leverages. We are already inside mtcr.
There are other ways too. Time to up the ties with vietnam. Get more blocks for oil drilling in sc sea. Start exporting brahmos or any other suitable weapon platform.

vayuu1

Country flag
An slbm ICBM with a mirv capability of say holding up-to 10 warheads will be the real difference.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Country flag
I agree megaton test will be totally counterproductive. MIRV Agni VI should be tested coz it will disturb the strategic balance with china. Megaton test will hamper our civilian nuclear program will not help in any way. Infact govt is confident of entering wassenar and australia arrangements in near future. That will give us more leverages. We are already inside mtcr.
There are other ways too. Time to up the ties with vietnam. Get more blocks for oil drilling in sc sea. Start exporting brahmos or any other suitable weapon platform.
With the new Gslv launch we have demonstrated we can launch heavier payload into space can be easily applicable to megaton nukes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
After it Modi become bold towards China
PLease remind us ....when was it thtat what youre alleging was supposed to have happened ???
If yore saying that it happenend during Xi's visit , then He Xi scolded his pland told them to unilaterally withdraw !!!

so please tell us when what you allege happened please .

absolutely ! .... youre right on all counts
im just adding that in the case of an unlikely scenario where it goes for M:A:D: then we can and should do a thermo nuke test as a last resort .... at that point we would not be bothered about international reaction

obviously at this point in time , i.e. right now , we are nowhere near such a scenario and further, such a situation is unlikely to happen , imho

so therefore you are right , a thermonuke test would be totally counterproductive and there are better technologies whih we should aim for

also ref ;.-

I have nice info ;)
they can't risk shanghai and Beijing for doklam. :scared1:
Wnd MIRV.
An sl vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
don't even think of testing anything parmanu . Mad or what?
It's not a child's play..
you will be under immediate economic sanctions
you will lose world's trust on you
you will never be an nsg member
you will not be included in UNSC
Japan will immediately cancel all the naval drills and whatever technology it is providing
US will back off from any thing productive.
India will be isolated
China and Pak will take advantage.

Modi might call for it in the end of his tenure in next term not this terms, if he wns, I think so. But not now.

IndianHawk

Country flag
We need not test megaton nuke .
What we need is to leverage our nsg waiver and stockpile as much uranium as we can .

We need to test MIRV for increased deterrence as others mentioned.

We need to build more powerful supercomputers and chinkies will know what we are capable of anyway.

We need weapons of future , electromagnetic , railguns , stealth trackers. And hypersonic long range missiles.

Nuclear war in any case is a bridge too far.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I remember when India tested Nuclear bombs (3 of them) , people said the same thing " India will be isolated"
On CNN , then, BJP leader, Jaswant Singh said " You can not isolate 1.2 billion people...we have lot of company"
That is true isolation of India is utter bullshit. But yes a megaton nuclear test will upset many nations from Japan to USA to Germany . And it will delay the technology we are getting from these countries by 3-4 years. Because they will have to react somehow even just for the sake of pretense .

It will in turn delay our progress in space , missiles and aerospace technologies by further 5-7 years.

It's not worth it imo.

If we can simply test more advanced missiles (less weight longer ranges)
+ We can build more powerful supercomputers.

These two things together are proof enough that India can build megaton nukes and deliver them to eastern china en masse.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles