Tiger or Lion- who is the king of beast?

Who do you think is the King of Beasts?

• Tiger

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Lion

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@A chauhan also, even among the same sized tiger vs lion, tigers have a stronger body because the tigers have a higher muscle density than lions.

Also, survival among jungles is harder than surviving in grass lands and requires more intelligence and tiger is more intelligent than lions, having a bigger cranium and larger brains.

So tiger is stronger and smarter and would kill lions most of the time in a fair fight.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Of-course it is personal liking for me a Great leader/father/Human being means help his family/kids/weak people first and then himself.

Some people like reverse 'lion fans' but i can't stand such a dirty king who steals meals from his bitches.:mad2:
Tiger hardly lives with others, so tiger is like those sanayasis, who has left the world.

Lion is a social animal and gets respect from his herd for being the strongest one, who defends them against big predators.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This guy gave couple of links: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...s-the-king-of-beast.14827/page-3#post-1115519

Check this: http://wildanimalwarfare.yuku.com/topic/6/Lion-kills-male-tigers?page=1#.VoLmIJfL-PR

It gives enough examples where lions won. In the end I guess, it depends on the experience of two animals fighting. You cannot write one or the other off if I believe your evidences.

Check out the links. Most of the time, it was togress vs a male lion or some other kind of scenerio. In all fair fights, the tiger almost always won.

BTW, why do you think lions could not cross India and were restricted to GIR? It's because tigers never allowed the lionss to cross india ;)

Read the Wikipedia link. Lions were not introduced anywhere in India because the forest officials feared that they would be royally fucked by tigers :D

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@A chauhan also, even among the same sized tiger vs lion, tigers have a stronger body because the tigers have a higher muscle density than lions.

Also, survival among jungles is harder than surviving in grass lands and requires more intelligence and tiger is more intelligent than lions, having a bigger cranium and larger brains.

So tiger is stronger and smarter and would kill lions most of the time in a fair fight.
You are completely discounting mane but it is an important part. Even your biased huffington post article has to say this:

"In 1857, a tiger at the Bromwich Zoo broke into the cage of a lion and a fearful scene ensued: the lion's mane saved his head and neck from being injured, but the tiger succeeded in ripping up his stomach, and within a few minutes he was dead."

So the mane actually protected lion's head. But then in next paragraph the author says:

"Some people have argued that the male lion's mane offers some advantage in protecting his neck, but this is disputed."

So, it is difficult to trust this article where it is not digging up info. on mane. It seems mane is an important defence against attack on the neck.

The tiger is actually pretty stupid as it always hunts porcupine in the Himalayas and in turn gets infected by quills. Most of the man-eaters in the Himalayas were suffering due to this and lost hunting capability and hence turned man-eaters.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Check out the links. Most of the time, it was togress vs a male lion or some other kind of scenerio. In all fair fights, the tiger almost always won.

BTW, why do you think lions could not cross India and were restricted to GIR? It's because tigers never allowed the lionss to cross india ;)

Read the Wikipedia link. Lions were not introduced anywhere in India because the forest officials feared that they would be royally fucked by tigers :D
The links also have male lion vs male tiger fights.

Northern plains are densely populated and could have been one of the reasons that lions never ventured out. Although I am not 100% sure.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^:lol: the only person who is biased here is you dude. How the fuck are you blaming tiger's lack of hunting on their stupidity instead of the forest cover getting depleted? Really, it blwos my mind.

And it wasn't biased conspiracy by Romans that tigers won vs lions in the matches when they were pitted. and use logic. Why don't lion spread to India while tigers roamed? Surely lions should have no problem spreading through India ? What stopped them? And: tigers are stronger and stopped lions from ever entering India beyong the grasslands in GIR

Densely populated ? Wtf dude? Tigers and lions migrated out into India long before human civilisations began here. Seriously start thinking better reasons for why lions sucked against tiger :lol:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I'll still wait for equal sized Tiger vs Lion fight to see the real victor, internet have very few vids all of them old and size mismatched.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
^^^:lol: the only person who is biased here is you dude. How the fuck are you blaming tiger's lack of hunting on their stupidity instead of the forest cover getting depleted? Really, it blwos my mind.

And it wasn't biased conspiracy by Romans that tigers won vs lions in the matches when they were pitted. and use logic. Why don't lion spread to India while tigers roamed? Surely lions should have no problem spreading through India ? What stopped them? And: tigers are stronger and stopped lions from ever entering India beyong the grasslands in GIR
The above info are from more than 100 years ago, when there was no such big problem. I did not say lack of hunting but stupidity in hunting porcupine again and again. Read Jim Corbett's hunting details to know what I mean.

I did not totally disagree from your reasoning. But there can be 10 other possible reasons for lions not venturing out. Hunting could be one of them.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
BTW, lions were not introduced anywhere in India other than GIR because forest officials knew they would be screwed by tigers. Tiger is the real king of the beast and is the real king of the animals.

Bions were promoted by britshitz and you people lapped on to their bull shit. Tell me if there is any description of lion BSing the greatest animal on earth before the britshits came here? There are hundreds of accounts on tigers but not lions why?

And tigers had to cross the desert to reach Africa and that explains their absense there it why couldn't GIR lions cross the jungles of India to the SEA? Because of the same reason why forest officials today could not spread lions outside the GIR forest - tigers would maul them to death and would never allow the lions to flourish

A chauhan

Country flag
tiger is more intelligent than lions
Yeah, two days back I saw a program on lion and tigers on Nat Geo Wild where one trainer confirmed with his years of experience that Tigers are more intelligent than Lions in general. Perhaps "Lionman of Africa" ?

On a lighter note Lions live in groups to avoid Tigers :biggrin2: (just a joke!)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
BTW, lions were not introduced anywhere in India other than GIR because forest officials knew they would be screwed by tigers. Tiger is the real king of the beast and is the real king of the animals.

Bions were promoted by britshitz and you people lapped on to their bull shit. Tell me if there is any description of lion BSing the greatest animal on earth before the britshits came here? There are hundreds of accounts on tigers but not lions why?

And tigers had to cross the desert to reach Africa and that explains their absense there it why couldn't GIR lions cross the jungles of India to the SEA? Because of the same reason why forest officials today could not spread lions outside the GIR forest - tigers would maul them to death and would never allow the lions to flourish
Yes, reintroduction of lions had only one parameter to consider, i.e. whether they can be saved from tigers or not!! You are really funny!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiatic_lion#Distribution_and_habitat

The advent of firearms led to their extinction over large areas. By the late 19th century, Asiatic lions had been eradicated in Turkey.[17] In Iran, lions served as the national emblem and appeared on the country's flag. Some of the last lions were sighted in 1941 between Shiraz and Jahrom in the Fars Province. In 1944, the corpse of a lioness was found on the banks of the Karun river in Iran's Khuzestan Province. In 1963, the last pride of five Persian lions was hunted in the Dasht-i Arzhan of Fars Province. The national newspapers and media "celebrated" the killing of these lions with pictures and fanfare. The diminished pride consisted of a female with four cubs that inhabited a cave. The male had been shot already. The female was shot on the spot, and the cubs were taken as trophies. No subsequent sightings have been reported from Iran.[18]

In India, Asiatic lions once ranged to the state of Bengal, but declined under heavy hunting pressure.[9] In the early 19th century, they were found in north-western and central India in Hariana, Khandesh (in modern-day Maharashtra), Rajasthan, Sindh, and eastward as far as Palamu and Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.[19] Severe hunting by Indian royalties and colonial personnel led to a steady and marked decline of lion numbers in the country.[15] Asiatic lions were exterminated in Palamau by 1814, in Baroda, Haryana and Ahmedabad in the 1830s, in Kot Diji and Damoh in the 1840s. During the Indian Rebellion of 1857, a British officer shot 300 lions. The last lions of Gwalior and Rewah were shot in the 1860s. Until 1880, no lion survived in Guna, Deesa and Palanpur, and only about a dozen lions were left in the Junagadh district. By the turn of the century, they were confined to the Gir Forest and protected by the Nawab of Junagadh in his private hunting grounds.[9]

One lion was killed near Allahabad in 1866.[19] The last lion of Mount Abu was spotted in 1872.

#################################################

So, apparently the lions were all over the place, before being hunted down and terminated. Tigers did not seem to pose a problem for Asiatic lions!

A chauhan

Country flag
Yes, reintroduction of lions had only one parameter to consider, i.e. whether they can be saved from tigers or not!! You are really funny!
Little OT but Lions too have started to drop/decrease mane in India because of dense Indian forest, Darwin effect is visible?, after some centuries they'll develop polka dots or stripes ! wont they? interesting! :)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad again dude the devil is in the detail, lions only roamed the places where they never met the tigers. And tigers live in jungles unlike lions. Tigers are there in Bengal and SEA. why not lions? Lions were not present in south India either because this area had a heavy tiger population. I am not writing this on my own, I have read links this issue long back.

It's just your lazy strawman to claim that I said only tigers stopped lions. I said tigers are the most important reason why we don't see lions in SEA or beyond Bengal or the dense jungles of India where tigers are heavy

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@A chauhan evolution does not work that way. Both tigers and lions are different forms of evolution from their ancestors. It's like saying chimps will become humans in the future

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad again dude the devil is in the detail, lions only roamed the places where they never met the tigers. And tigers live in jungles unlike lions. Tigers are there in Bengal and SEA. why not lions? Lions were not present in south India either because this area had a heavy tiger population. I am not writing this on my own, I have read links this issue long back.

It's just your lazy strawman to claim that I said only tigers stopped lions. I said tigers are the most important reason why we don't see lions in SEA or beyond Bengal or the dense jungles of India where tigers are heavy
You are the one giving strawmans here. For eg. Why lions were only introduced in Gir so that they don't get killed by tigers!!

Lions don't live in dense forests and so that might be one of the reasons why they never crossed NE. They are used to lazy hunting in the Savannah and not too dense forests. So, tigers kicking their ass does not come into picture.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Glions were not introduced in GIR. They were present there even before such concepts came. I said tigers are one of the consideration as to why lions were never expanded our of GIR.

Secondly, exactly why I said lions would not won against tiger. You said lions would win against tiger, but tiger can survive a much harsher climate and environment than a lion which clearly proves tigers would win the battle against lion 1 v 1. Don't change your stance too often :p. As I said, if anything the only chance a lion has is if it outnumbers the tigers by a SIgnificant %

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Glions were not introduced in GIR. They were present there even before such concepts came. I said tigers are one of the consideration as to why lions were never expanded our of GIR.

Secondly, exactly why I said lions would not won against tiger. You said lions would win against tiger, but tiger can survive a much harsher climate and environment than a lion which clearly proves tigers would win the battle against lion 1 v 1. Don't change your stance too often :p. As I said, if anything the only chance a lion has is if it outnumbers the tigers by a SIgnificant %
They were not introduced because Gujarat govt. did not want Gir to lose special status. Last year SC had to intervene and force them to give some lions to MP.

Tigers can live in more varied environment just like deer. That proves nothing!! You are giving strawman now!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Stop writing strawman without knowing what it means. I said one of the reason for the non introduction of lions was tigers and it remains so even now. That's true. I don't claim that was the only reason. Also, I said tigers stopped the penetration of lions to other parts of Asia. That's true . check the geography and the lions distribution. ask yourself why. After all, its not like other parts of Asia din't have the terrain like un central India or the northern plains right?
I read it on a geography website on why lions never spread to Asia , where tigers were listed as the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles