Tiananmen Massacre - Tank Man: The 1989 Chinese Student Democracy Movement

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What I would like to see again is the TV news footage, taken at night, of the students in the square piling up bicycle racks so that when the PLA BMPs tried to go over the barriers, they became immobilized. Then the students firebombed the APCs, killing the crews. That the PLA responded as they did in killing demonstrators then becomes more understandable.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
What I would like to see again is the TV news footage, taken at night, of the students in the square piling up bicycle racks so that when the PLA BMPs tried to go over the barriers, they became immobilized. Then the students firebombed the APCs, killing the crews. That the PLA responded as they did in killing demonstrators then becomes more understandable.
Some CIA agents blend in to the students at that time.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Some CIA agents blend in to the students at that time.
The purpose of CIA in doing that would be to provoke the overreaction by the PLA, then? Could be.

What I also remember, and the TV coverage was extensive, was that the police attempted to control the crowds initially, but they were overwhelmed (without violence) by the enormous numbers of demonstrators. When I saw that, I thought, "Next come troops, from outside the area, and there will be bloodshed."

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles