This lightweight packs a punch

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Only 9,000 were ordered due to ammunition production issues, This was abt first batch of Amogh ..

Their were more batches after first batches orders, Though specifics are not available on net ..

Sir,what about the 30,000 carbine order which was placed by the MHA a year and a half ago??I mean were those carbines Amogh or some other variant of MINSAS??

mikhail

Country flag
Only 9,000 were ordered due to ammunition production issues, This was abt first batch of Amogh ..

Their were more batches after first batches orders, Though specifics are not available on net ..
Btw Sir,what is the approx. no. of INSAS 1B/1B1 A.R. produced by the OFB till date??I mean as per my research and calculation the no. couldn't be less than 1 million although i am not sure whether it's 1.5 millions or not.Can you clarify anything in this regard??

abingdonboy

Country flag
^ First pic of Marcos with Amogh carbine, Nice! :yey:
Is this SOP to have an empty mag in the gun while on guard duty?
This pix seems to be from a demonstration and in such demonstrations we keep magazines empty.
sir is he a member of the VBSS team?

A photoshopped image of an IN VBSS team member:

Regretably, the IN VBSS teams are STILL using the 9mm STEN despite the ICG's VBSS teams using the AMOGH now. Why the IN hasn't switched over I don't understand.:frusty::frusty:

@Kunal Biswas

Last edited:

aditya g

Country flag
How is the use case different for 9mm SMG and 5.56x30 mm round?

aditya g

Country flag
How do you mean?

I mean what is the difference between a 9mm SMG (eg: MP5) and PDW like Amogh? From end user perspective ... when will I choose one over the other?

My understanding is that 9mm SMGs are light but short ranged. Kinda similar to Amogh?

abingdonboy

Country flag
I mean what is the difference between a 9mm SMG (eg: MP5) and PDW like Amogh? From end user perspective ... when will I choose one over the other?

My understanding is that 9mm SMGs are light but short ranged. Kinda similar to Amogh?
The 9mm will be lighter and potentially have less recoil but the AMOGh firing the 5.56mm will have greater range and penetration power/kinetic energy.

Most PDWs these days aren't 9mm.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You have nearly 10 million combatants both in Army and Armed Police and Paramilitary, And only fraction of these use AK and Carbines, That leaves nearly 8-9 million armed with 1B1s ..
Btw Sir,what is the approx. no. of INSAS 1B/1B1 A.R. produced by the OFB till date??I mean as per my research and calculation the no. couldn't be less than 1 million although i am not sure whether it's 1.5 millions or not.Can you clarify anything in this regard??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
5.56X30mm is design to defeat Armored targets Where as 9mm has more stopping power, For same purpose German have develop MP7 and a close look at its role will also give hints regarding Amogh role ..

In Indian Context :

M16 = 1B1
MP5 = 9mm Sterling
MP7 = Amogh

=================

Rugur 10 22

9mm carbine

Firing Amogh is much like shooting .22lr, Where as 9mm still has more recoil in comparison..

Both are fun to shoot .. :)

==================

They are getting TAR-21 instead of a carbine ..

The 9mm will be lighter and potentially have less recoil but the AMOGh firing the 5.56mm will have greater range and penetration power/kinetic energy.

Most PDWs these days aren't 9mm.
Regretably, the IN VBSS teams are STILL using the 9mm STEN despite the ICG's VBSS teams using the AMOGH now. Why the IN hasn't switched over I don't understand.:frusty::frusty:

@Kunal Biswas

Last edited:

aditya g

Country flag
Good stuff @Kunal Biswas

DRDO's MSMC seems more like the MP7 equivalent, given the near identical form factor and that it uses the 5.56x30mm buttet.

abingdonboy

Country flag
5.56X30mm is design to defeat Armored targets Where as 9mm has more stopping power, For same purpose German have develop MP7 and a close look at its role will also give hints regarding Amogh role ..

In Indian Context :

M16 = 1B1
MP5 = 9mm Sterling
MP7 = Amogh

=================

Rugur 10 22

9mm carbine

Firing Amogh is much like shooting .22lr, Where as 9mm still has more recoil in comparison..

Both are fun to shoot .. :)

==================

They are getting TAR-21 instead of a carbine ..
IN's VBSS teams are getting the TAR-21? You sure sir?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
About 1 lakh was given to Nepali Army.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Bloody this is an area where we can export and penetrate the market of small nations needing these sort of rifles.

If we sell this in backdoor black market than the sell shall be huge.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bloody this is an area where we can export and penetrate the market of small nations needing these sort of rifles.

If we sell this in backdoor black market than the sell shall be huge.
first thing first we got to improve the looks and better the ergonomics
looks do kill :cowboy:
by the way are u akhomiya ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles