There was no offer by UN to India 1955

amitkriit

Don't be so tough on your country. I think India is a great and very promising country. If there's any country that can sufficiently counter balance China in Asia it is India - it's got the population and ambition. Nehru had his positive and negative virtues. As a Gandhi disciple and a real idealist Nehru, who was very popular during his time, steered India into parliamentary democracy. He could have easily made himself a dictator but he did not. But on the negative side, well let's face it idealism is good for revolutions but not really that ideal for real-life governance. Nehru was simply too idealistic and morally self-assured to take the bare knuckle in your face opportunism that his peers exhibited (think of Deng). He was simply too sensitive to be an effective strategic player.

I guess succeeding Indian leaders have to contend with Nehru's ghost, "non-alignment." But when push comes to shove it becomes alignment. Unfortunately India aligned with the wrong power.
Nehru could not look beyond his family, friends and confidants. He was a myopic leader. During his reign merit took a back seat and most of the important government positions were filled with loyals, including the position of Army Chief.

mikhail

Country flag
India lost the right to UNSC seat when we were badly humiliated by China in 1962. Winners take it all, Losers invent consipiracy theories to satisfy their ego. India did not deserve a seat, we don't deserve one now. We will feel ourselves to be extremely lucky if we can control the affairs in the region we call ours, but the signals suggest otherwise.
mate i don't understand why u r bashing our own country:shocked:.we lost the 1962 war not becoz of our incompetence but rather due to that lunatic nehru who trusted mao blindly n got the treatment he deserved.that guy didn't even allow the IAF to counter attack the chipandas in the crucial hour of war which could have otherwise turned the tide in favour of us.but i don't think the chinese will dare to attack us presently coz they know that they won the 1962 war by sheer luck n due to the incompetence of mr.jawaharlal nehru!:thumb:

Param

Nehru could not look beyond his family, friends and confidants. He was a myopic leader. During his reign merit took a back seat and most of the important government positions were filled with loyals, including the position of Army Chief.
Was the 70's and early 80s a decade of "Merit"?

I am not just taking about the military?

amitkriit

mate i don't understand why u r bashing our own country:shocked:.we lost the 1962 war not becoz of our incompetence but rather due to that lunatic nehru who trusted mao blindly n got the treatment he deserved.that guy didn't even allow the IAF to counter attack the chipandas in the crucial hour of war which could have otherwise turned the tide in favour of us.but i don't think the chinese will dare to attack us presently coz they know that they won the 1962 war by sheer luck n due to the incompetence of mr.jawaharlal nehru!:thumb:
We did not use AF because he feared the Chinese Air Force, and not because Nehru trusted Mao. You cannot win a war if you have already accepted the defeat, that was the case in 1962. China won't attack us, because they don't need to.

mikhail

Country flag
Jawaharlal Nehru was a myopic person n perhaps the only myopic one India had as its prime minister!due to his shortsightedness our army couldn't get moderised at the right time.he was always suspicious that our army might coup n displace him from the prime ministerial position.so he deliberately stopped the required funding for the modernisation of our armed forces.when the commies attacked us their soldiers were equipped with ak-47 assault rifles but our soldiers who were greatly outnumbered by them were eqipped with .303 smle-2 bolt n action rifle which was quite obsolete at that time.so practically our army lacked the firepower needed to stop the commie human wave attack formations.n when our IAF tried to intervene n attack the commies they were stopped from doing that by mr.nehru.India lost the war not becoz we were weak but becoz of a man named jawaharlal nehru!

amitkriit

We did not use AF because he feared the Chinese Air Force, and not because Nehru trusted Mao. You cannot win a war if you have already accepted the defeat, that was the case in 1962. China won't attack us, because they don't need to.

mikhail

Country flag
look it was his own fear of the chipandas.but in reality IAF was far more technologically advanced than its chinese counterpart in that era(coz IAF at that time procured latest brit n french fighters),but mr.nehru thought otherwise!
china won't attack us coz they know that india is currently much more powerfull than what it was in 1962.so i don't think they will make that stupid mistake by declaring a ware against us.

Param

look it was his own fear of the chipandas.but in reality IAF was far more technologically advanced than its chinese counterpart in that era(coz IAF at that time procured latest brit n french fighters),but mr.nehru thought otherwise!
china won't attack us coz they know that india is currently much more powerfull than what it was in 1962.so i don't think they will make that stupid mistake by declaring a ware against us.
Have you come across the name VK Menon?
Btw the Americans advised us not to use Airpower at that time.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Can you please let me where, when and how MIG-21 the most advanced aircrafts were introduced outside USSR ? Waht was Chine AF Vs IAF composition in 1962?

You are bluffing your way through.

Param

Can you please let me where, when and how MIG-21 the most advanced aircrafts were introduced outside USSR ? Waht was Chine AF Vs IAF composition in 1962?

You are bluffing your way through.
Mig21 was introduced in India after the war.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles