The world's longest cross-sea bridge China Qingdao bridge sets world record

satish007

En thavaru .its an natural lime stone formation and is submerged in water.

satish007

Dhanushkodi is situated in the South-East of Pamban. Danushkodi is about 18 miles (29 km) West of Talaimannar in Sri Lanka. Indian should have bridge between them. reduce some aircraft acquisition and able to cover it.

plugwater

A bridge over misty waters: The immense £1billion structure which is supported by more than 5,000 pillars stretches for 24 miles along China's eastern port city of
Qingdao to the offshore island Huangdao

Engineering feat: The vast bridge, the largest cross-ocean bridge in the world, cost £960million and took four years to build

Lengthy: The bridge stretches into the distance further than the eye can see and right, the first few cars roll out across the surface

Open road: Drivers pass through the mist as they make some of the first passes over the 110ft wide bridge which is longer than any others of its kind

Flowers: The first vehicle runs into toll station to the applause of staff and passers-by after the bridge opened to traffic today

Musical mileage: A brass band plays on the sides of the road as flags and banners herald in the opening of the bridge

The start of things to come: Two cars edge through the toll gates that will raise revenue to maintain the £1billion bridge

Don't keep me hanging: The suspension beams form an imposing sight as they reach through the clouds and look down upon colourful flags marking the bridge's
grand opening

The long road home: The two roads which run alongside each other wind across The Jiaozhou Bay

Record breaker: The Qingdao Jiaozhou bay bridge, spanning 26.4 miles between Qingdao and Huangdao

Impressive: Testing on the bridge was completed on Monday

A driver's dream: Twenty-four miles of fresh untouched tarmac stretch from Qingdao to Hungdao

SOURCE: That is a bridge too far: World's longest sea bridge opens to traffic in China... but it will only hold the title for five years | Mail Online

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Beautiful. I saw the building of the Oresund bridge once on TV. Truly marvelous some of the technology that goes into making these super structures.

What's the traffic forecast for this bridge? Is it worth the investment?

amoy

Qingdao is a beautiful city - I'm lovin' it

satish007

Beautiful. I saw the building of the Oresund bridge once on TV. Truly marvelous some of the technology that goes into making these super structures.

What's the traffic forecast for this bridge? Is it worth the investment?
Chinese don't really care about these things, 4 years even not enough for envionmental impact study. Just do it.

debasree

Country flag
absolutely marvellous ,no question about it ,but i have a question if the bridge can atand against any giant sunami or tidal wave.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Congratulations It is a beautiful Bridge

This is what I love about China .The ability and will to complete large projects quickly such as three Gorges , Tibetan Railway

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chinese don't really care about these things, 4 years even not enough for envionmental impact study. Just do it.
But then that's not sustainable in the long run. You build something if there is any use for it. You don't build to enter into Guinness Book!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles