The world's largest army... America's hunters!

average american

Oh please, stop day dreaming. It is true that most of you possess guns and the Constitution guarantees that right to you, and for that USA will always have my respect.
However, hunters can only last as long as the partisans did in the Soviet Union. Sure, they can do ambush and little objectives here and there, but war is not there business, and invaders are no deer. When hunting deer, you do not run the risk of becoming the hunted instead. Which is a very real threat when you hunt for humans. In any case, anyone invading USA would bring a great cache of firearms to weed out the locals. At best, the hunters would provide a resistance of a few hours, maybe days, but beyond that, they will be crushed.
You yanks should stop believing those hollywood movies. It doesn't happen like that in real life.
I expect if we were Indians that would be true, but with Americans the general population would be more dangerous then the military.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
even all mujahideens roam around with guns..May be more than the american hunter population in % terms...

But a drone does the trick!! And anyone invading US would definitely have something more lethal than that.

average american

The mujahideens are not hunters, they are religious nuts with guns...ten million americans engage in paint ball games, and lot of those are organized along military stratgy.

average american

I find it odd, curious or interesting that you all would have difficulty beliveing a 9 year old would go hunting alone.... Something that was common in my day and where I lived. My dad was running a trap line by the time he was that age, as his father was befor him. When you were not going to school, or farming, working you were hunting or fishing. There was no TV, computers, or even many books.

average american

Oh please, stop day dreaming. It is true that most of you possess guns and the Constitution guarantees that right to you, and for that USA will always have my respect.
However, hunters can only last as long as the partisans did in the Soviet Union. Sure, they can do ambush and little objectives here and there, but war is not there business, and invaders are no deer. When hunting deer, you do not run the risk of becoming the hunted instead. Which is a very real threat when you hunt for humans. In any case, anyone invading USA would bring a great cache of firearms to weed out the locals. At best, the hunters would provide a resistance of a few hours, maybe days, but beyond that, they will be crushed.
You yanks should stop believing those hollywood movies. It doesn't happen like that in real life.

Partisans in the USSR did not have guns of their own when World War II came about;. The USSR had strick controls on ownership of guns, just the same as now in most countries.

"Who Were the Bushwhackers? Age, Class, Kin, and Western Virginia's Confederate Guerrillas, 1861-1862" by Noe, Kenneth W. - Civil War History, Vol. 49, Issue 1, March 2003 | Questia, Your Online Research Library

I was born and raised in fayette county WV it was Virginia during the war against northern agression.

I am related to Devil Anse" Hatfield

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I expect if we were Indians that would be true, but with Americans the general population would be more dangerous then the military.
Then why not send the general population in Afghanistan, Iraq and other hell holes? They can do a better job than your milllitary, according to your line of reasoning.
The mujahideens are not hunters, they are religious nuts with guns...ten million americans engage in paint ball games, and lot of those are organized along military stratgy.
So? How does that help America in terms of war preparedness? Last time I checked, the American troops were biting the dust against these rag-tag religious nutjobs for the last 7-8 years in Afghanistan and Iraq. That speaks volumes about how great a power American military is. And you Yanks think that you will be able to put up a fight against the Armed forces of other nations! Face it, without the nukes, you are nothing. Huh, average american mediocrity.

p2prada

Guns with civilians are fine. But don't talk as though civilians are packing with enough ammunition to withstand a firefight.

Let's not even consider what will happen once tanks, IFVs and aircraft get involved. It will end up being called mass murder or genocide.

Civilians won't have the mental aptitude to fight real soldiers anyway. As for retired military veterans, well they are retired for a reason, that is because of the lack of physical and mental capability in performing during active duty. Killing deer and ducks with a hunting rifle or shotgun is not the same as fighting trained enemy infantry carrying hand grenades, assault rifles, machine guns and flame throwers.

Come back once civilians are armed with M-16s or M-4s and enough ammunition to last at least a few minutes in a skirmish.

average american

Then why not send the general population in Afghanistan, Iraq and other hell holes? They can do a better job than your milllitary, according to your line of reasoning.

So? How does that help America in terms of war preparedness? Last time I checked, the American troops were biting the dust against these rag-tag religious nutjobs for the last 7-8 years in Afghanistan and Iraq. That speaks volumes about how great a power American military is. And you Yanks think that you will be able to put up a fight against the Armed forces of other nations! Face it, without the nukes, you are nothing. Huh, average american mediocrity.
While I detest the loss of any american life, I find it astonishing that the USA could defeat the militarys and occupied two muslims countires totaling more then 60 million muslims for more then ten years with the loss of only about 7000 american troops....I guarntee you that could not happen in the USA by some occupieing power.

winton

This is where our indian friends do not know the real america.

I have been shooting since I was 10. started on a .22lr and now onto a 30-06 for larger game.

winton

Guns with civilians are fine. But don't talk as though civilians are packing with enough ammunition to withstand a firefight.
\.
again, this is where our civilian friends do not know the real america.

In most states you can arm yourself to the teeth. you can purchase AR15 style assault rifles. In some states you are allowed to own 50cal rifles.

With that kind of weaponry, I would say that civilians can withstand a firefight. ever heard of Waco?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There is a remake of Red Dawn being released currently :)

s002wjh

Country flag
you might want to check iraq, afahan wars(soviet and current) so how gorilla against superpower. sure they won't win the war, but hit and run cost alot lives.

s002wjh

Country flag

Let's not even consider what will happen once tanks, IFVs and aircraft get involved. It will end up being called mass murder or genocide.

Civilians won't have the mental aptitude to fight real soldiers anyway. As for retired military veterans, well they are retired for a reason, that is because of the lack of physical and mental capability in performing during active duty. Killing deer and ducks with a hunting rifle or shotgun is not the same as fighting trained enemy infantry carrying hand grenades, assault rifles, machine guns and flame throwers.

Come back once civilians are armed with M-16s or M-4s and enough ammunition to last at least a few minutes in a skirmish.
you might want to check the current syria civil war. the rebel are made up baker, teacher etc etc. most american has AK and Ar15, easily convert to full auto if needed and high power rifle. most american has about 2kround to tens thousands round stock in home for 9mm,5.56nato,7.61nato,30-60 etc etc. heck my co-worker can even make own 50cal high power rifle. hit and run tactic can be a nightmare for occupy force, this was proven in irag,afahan,vietnam etc. on top of that nigh vision, red dot sight, high power scope are readly aviable for all american, and alot american has those. history tell us never underestimate gorilla warfare. china CCP got their country from gorilla force, same with many other country.
that been said i doubt anyone has the capability to invade us

example how people stock their ammo here

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles