The USA is a Universal Nation

Akim

Professional
Country flag
An interesting letter of Linclon to his friend...

In 1855, Lincoln wrote to Joshua Speed, a personal friend and slave owner in Kentucky:

You know I dislike slavery; and you fully admit the abstract wrong of it. ... I also acknowledge your rights and my obligations, under the constitution, in regard to your slaves. I confess I hate to see the poor creatures hunted down, and caught, and carried back to their stripes, and unrewarded toils; but I bite my lip and keep quiet.

Public history presents facts, as mocked above slaves. But nobody loudly it is said that after war 1861-65 years, tens of thousands of "free" negroes died of hunger, because they were not can work, and they were not adapted to self life.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
When I was a kid 7 years old it was a short time after the moon landing and Mccarthyism was still alive
in my small town we use to watch films in school regularly about the dangers of communists and occasionally
military personnel would come and give lectures to the children and hand out buttons and stickers etc...
This made a very big impression on me I viewed communists as a plague, This impression
always stuck with me and only when i got older did i realize things are not always what you are
taught.
This was informative war of that period. For us also negatively perceived the image of American life.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Public history presents facts, as mocked above slaves. But nobody loudly it is said that after war 1861-65 years, tens of thousands of "free" negroes died of hunger, because they were not can work, and they were not adapted to self life.

Notice the reference to Russia in his letter...

. . . How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty— to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be take pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy [sic].

This is not true anymore in Russia. The despotic President in Russia is now extremely hyprocrite... claiming Russia is democracy while perpetuating himself in power by emasculating the opposition and extending his powers.

Last edited:
Country flag
This was informative war of that period. For us also negatively perceived the image of American life.
This part of American History has been forgotten. If somone was labelled a
communist or suspected of being communist it was a disaster for that person.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Notice the reference to Russia in his letter...

. . . How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty— to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be take pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy [sic].

This is not true anymore in Russia. The despotic President in Russia is now extremely hyprocrite... claiming Russia is democracy while perpetuating himself in power by emasculating the opposition and extending his powers.
I socialize with Russians. Nothing such frightful they do not see herein. Outside always more contrasty look. And he not always correct.
I talk about the historical facts., but not try to teach you, how to live now. For us with you different opinions about Iraq, Libya, Syria.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I spent some time in the USSR, it was a pretty horrible place.....the average person had given up hope of things getting better and was afraid all the time of getting in trouble.

All depends of-order time, when you lived in the USSR. Second half of 80th it is a nightmare. But before that, people live well.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
This part of American History has been forgotten. If somone was labelled a
communist or suspected of being communist it was a disaster for that person.
And such propaganda will not turn out now - due to the Internet.

average american

All depends of-order time, when you lived in the USSR. Second half of 80th it is a nightmare. But before that, people live well.
Stalin until 1953 Khrushchev era until 1964 Brezhnev until 1982 the best I can tell it was pretty bad, shortages, oppression, censorshiip. When I was there I was told if a person is drunk,, he could say what ever he wanted and usually not get arresteded and I never seen so many drunks in all my life.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Stalin until 1953 Khrushchev era until 1964 Brezhnev until 1982 the best I can tell it was pretty bad, shortages, oppression, censorshiip.
You do not talk as "Voice America". I lived in a that country happily, my parents lived in a that country happily, my grandfather protected the Motherland did not know that he is oppressed. My great-grandfather was tsar's officer, nobleman and his family was not exiled to Siberia, because he honestly served to the country.
When I was there I was told if a person is drunk,, he could say what ever he wanted and usually not get arresteded and I never seen so many drunks in all my life.
You will never understand Russian mentality. That for you seems wildly and wrong, for us in order of things. Does not cost all people of the world to measure under the civilization culture.

average american

You do not talk as "Voice America". I lived in a that country happily, my parents lived in a that country happily, my grandfather protected the Motherland did not know that he is oppressed. My great-grandfather was tsar's officer, nobleman and his family was not exiled to Siberia, because he honestly served to the country.

You will never understand Russian mentality. That for you seems wildly and wrong, for us in order of things. Does not cost all people of the world to measure under the civilization culture.
I was in Kiev for a short time, so I really dont kinow, I would think you would know better then me....I did visit a collective farm near there, one of the things I remember were all these small tractors scatterd over the farms rusting, evidently they broke down and there were never spare parts to repair them. Also visited one of the technical schools in Kiev,,, one of the things I noticed were all the clocks in evey class room did not work and all were set on the same time. Also went thru the catacombs of one of the churchs there. .

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I was in Kiev for a short time, so I really dont kinow, I would think you would know better then me....I did visit a collective farm near there, one of the things I remember were all these small tractors scatterd over the farms rusting, evidently they broke down and there were never spare parts to repair them. Also visited one of the technical schools in Kiev,,, one of the things I noticed were all the clocks in evey class room did not work and all were set on the same time. Also went thru the catacombs of one of the churchs there. .
I will ask once again. When were you in the USSR? If during Gorbachev (1985-1991) - this was a very bad period. I remember it. Then lived in Hungary (1985-89). When returned - got quite in other country. From the USSR, then there is only one name.
P.S. And clock - electric. Apparently shorting passed somewhere, here they all stopped synchronously.

trackwhack

Do you think I should be more worried about the average IQ of Americans being 97 more then Indians should worry about the average IQ of Indians being 81? or should I worry more about the 314 laureates who won their Nobel prize while working in the U.S., 102 (or 32%) were foreign born, including 15 Germans, 12 Canadians, 10 British, six Russians and six Chinese (twice as many as have received the award while working in China). Compare that to Germany, where just 11 out of 65 Nobel laureates (or 17%) were born outside of Germany (or, while it still existed, Prussia). Or to Japan, which counts no foreigners at all among its nine Nobel laureatesis. Or should I worry more about the average income on americans living in India income being 56,000 per year compared to the average indians income being 1300 a year.,,Lets see it takes 150 million Indians to produce a Nobel prize winner even though most of them have to leave India to do it, while it only takes about 1.5 milion americans to produce a Nobel prize winner,, yep I am really worried.
I already told you that your obvious observations are the effects of causal relationships that I explained in my previous post. Obviously you belong to the lower rung of americans from an IQ perspective or you would have got it already.

average american

I will ask once again. When were you in the USSR? If during Gorbachev (1985-1991) - this was a very bad period. I remember it. Then lived in Hungary (1985-89). When returned - got quite in other country. From the USSR, then there is only one name.
P.S. And clock - electric. Apparently shorting passed somewhere, here they all stopped synchronously.
At 12 noon perhaps, I was there between 1978 and 82

average american

I already told you that your obvious observations are the effects of causal relationships that I explained in my previous post. Obviously you belong to the lower rung of americans from an IQ perspective or you would have got it already.
Self centered people usually turn to insults when when some one disagrees with them.

trackwhack

Self centered people usually turn to insults when when some one disagrees with them.
You been doing nothing but insulting everyone from the first day you signed up. I still remember your hate thread against Muslims that the mods had to remove after I pointed it out. Dont preach to me your fake morals.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
At 12 noon perhaps, I was there between 1978 and 82

I it a period badly remember ( it was yet a child) But, clearly burned into memory, when Reagan in 1983 named the USSR "Evil empire". And from a film "Red dawn" i can not step back until now.

average american

When i would go into a store in the USSR, you stood in one line to ask for what you wanted, then you were given a ticket which you then stood in another line to pay the ticket, then you got another ticket to go stand in line agains to get the item.....and you had to do that for each item you bought, it took forever. The eggs in stores were numbered with what looked like fingernail polish. i was lucky I could shop in the stores for non USSR people.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The eggs in stores were numbered with what looked like fingernail polish. .
Ha-ha! They were not numbered. It the sign of quality ( that foods of Checked in according to the norms) stood on them .

We now entered in a dispute, about glass of water. you can see, that he is half empty, I that he is half full.
That period which you remembers is a good period.
For me a father got higher education, in prestige University Kyiv (quite free of charge). A mother had two higher educations. They got a wonderful three-room apartment (free of charge) then, purchased a car. All of it attained the labour. For a father parents worked in a village, at a mother her father officer-invalid.
So, the USSR also was a country of possibilities and much more wide. Simply we built "on your own and this fellow". In a difference from the USA helped countries, to get up on one level with the West quite unselfishly. Let hindus will say by you, that our builders worked there. Students-Indians, then free of charge studied in the USSR.
In the USA, thank God, there were not 150 years of war ( I wish war nobody). you are heavy to understand, through what difficulties was to pass to the that country + of the USA began to harry us an armament race, when grass funnels not healed.

Last edited:

average american

They were numbered 1 2 3 4 and so on..I dont know why, I assume was some kind of inventory control...yes the war was horrible, so was Stalin, I saw Russians cry when they talked about the war.

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
They were numbered 1 2 3 4 and so on..I dont know why, I assume was some kind of inventory control...yes the war was horrible, so was Stalin, I saw Russians cry when they talked about the war.
It leads into memory or you, by mistake called at lottery.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles