The Tyrant Diaries

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
[

An apologist for the caste system and Hinduism calling someone else "morally bankrupt" is hilarious beyond description

No a man being apologist of tipu is sick beyond description but let us settle it here.

not allowing a section of society to temples and wells is worse than outright genocides, this is what i learn from this man.

Tipu Sultan in particular was a progressive leader of considerable foresight and there is substantial evidence behind that, not the least the accounts of Tipu's own enemies (the British travelers, not the Iyengars).

Just as hitler and mao were progressives.

can you show me an economic analysis of travancore and mysore and prove that mysore was in better condition ( ofcourse on per capita basis ).?

every man who slaughters brahmins is progressive but tipu was as retarded as any petty chief even the sikhs fought more bravely than this man.

Do some basic research on the mass famines and socioeconomic subjugation of the Indian peasantry during British rule. Such things did not happen under the Mysorean government, as far as we know.

Since Mysore was a state bent on modernization, I am sure they would have adopted Western medicine and sanitation in the 19th century, had they survived the war.

so you are comparing Tipu 's primitive "rockets " with the railways and tb prevention medicine brought in by the british.

where is the evidence for Mysore being more progressives except chanting some french revolution ( a bloody affair of worst kind ) ?

Doesn't matter if they saw Tipu as "one of their own" or not. Brahmins did not see even their own co-religionists as one of their own. What matters is that Tipu was their sovereign, and they took actions against him and the Mysore government. That is called treason.

Well, the men like bhagat singh also took actions against a legitimate british government ( like it or not but leaders more popular than these guys like CR Das were serving in councils of british ) and that too is called treason .

hail the british who at;least gave them a trial and did not massacre the whole family of bhagat singh.

Speak for yourself. I nor any of my ancestors were victims of Tipu's supposed "atrocities". If anything, I am more related to the Hindu soldiers and officials who served under Tipu's army and government. I don't regard Mysore as any less "Indian" than Travancore or Malabar.

this is Jaichand syndrome ( a syndrome of traitors ) actually.

And i do not regard Tipu's autocratic government as Indian rather than a british government working on the basis of elected councils.

BTW, so if modern day andhra pradesh invades kerala and massacres thousands of mallu women, it is alright ?

No matter how much you rant a self imposed caste system where each caste practiced its discrimination is worth more defending than massacre of women and children.

But maoists and marxists have always been like this, they found inequities in confucianist chinese society but had no regard for millions of dead men.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
According to the official report of Col. Fullarton of the British forces stationed in Mangalore, worst type of brutalities on Brahmins were committed by Tipu Sultan in 1783 during his siege of Palghat Fort which was being defended by the Zamorin and his Hindu soldiers. "Tipu's soldiers daily exposed the heads of many innocent Brahmins within sight from the fort for Zamorin and his Hindu followers to see. It is asserted that the Zamorin rather than witness such enormities and to avoid further killing of innocent Brahmins, chose to abandon the Palghat Fort"

A progressive deed really as the evil brahmins were killed afterall.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
It was not only against the Brahmins who were thus put in a state of terror of forcible circumcision and conversion; but against all sections of Hindus. In August, 1788, a Raja of the Kshatriya family of Parappanad and also Trichera Thiruppad, a chieftain of Nilamboor, and many other Hindu nobles who had been carried away earlier to Coimbatore by Tipu Sultan, were forcibly circumcised and forced to cat beef. Nairs in desperation, under the circumstances, rose up against their Muslim oppressors under Tipu's command in South Malabar and the Hindus of Coorg in the North also joined them

well, this is the fedual elements who are getting killed, so nothing to worry about.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
the Nairs submitted to the usual terms of surrender - "a voluntary profession of the Mohammadan faith or a forced conversion with deportation from the native land"¦ In short, either way they had to embrace Mohammadan faith!"¦ The unhappy Nair captives gave a forced consent and on the next day, the Islamic initiation rite of circumcision was performed on all male members, closing the ceremony after every individual of both sexes was forced to eat beef"

Tipu did the right thing as he forced the nairs to adopt a healthier food like beef.

amazing.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
"First a corps of 30,000 barbarians who butchered everybody on the way, followed by the Field-Gun Unit under the French Commander, M. Lally. Tipu Sultan was riding on an elephant behind which another army of 30,000 soldiers followed. Most of the men and women were hanged in Calicut.

the hanging of women is not as brutal as stopping shudras from drinking at common wells, i certainly endorse this.

Also, these women were semi naked kerala tribes so tipu was showing them true culture.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
First mothers were hanged with children tied to the necks of their mothers.
I am in great happiness seeing such affection of tipu for mother sons that he ensured that they do not remain separated.

child home care in islamic cum french leftist style.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
That barbarian Tipu Sultan tied the naked Christians and Hindus to the legs of elephants and made the elephants move about till the bodies of the helpless victims were tom to pieces.

The hindus were casteist but what about the christians ?

never mind the violence is justified in name of class struggle.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Following are from the research articles published by Sardar K.M. Panicker in the Bhasha Poshini magazine of Chingam 1099 of the Malayalam Era corresponding to August, 1923. They were obtained by him from The India Office Library in London during his intensive research regarding Kerala history. Tipu's real character is revealed here.

Letter dated December 14, 1788, to his Army Chief in Calicut: "I am sending two of my followers with Mir Hussain Ali. With their assistance, you should capture and kill all Hindus. Those below 20 may be kept in prison and 5,000 from the rest should be killed by hanging from the tree-tops. These are my orders."

so how to compliment him as my marxist head is running out of arguments to defend him

May be Civafanatic can help me.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
The letter, dated April 21, 1797, written by Tipu and classified as No. 4 in the Persian File of Records, and quoted by Muthanna in his book, reads:

"Citizen Representatives:

"Since I manifested my friendship in writing to you, my messengers have arrived with the following intelligence which will not be displeasing to you.

"The Nizam, an ally of the English, and the Chief of the Mughals, is very ill and his age leaves no prospect of his recovery. He has four children who are disputing the right of succession. One of them is much attached to me, (he) is the favourite of the chiefs of the people and is expected to succeed him.

"I inform these events in order to prove to you that it is now the moment for you to invade India. With little trouble we shall drive the British out of India. Rely on my friendship.

"Your ally (Sd) Tipu Sultan."

So this was the patriotic nature of tipu exchanging french for british.

and great progressive thought.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
This conflict was initiated by a Sunni Muslim, and the victims were also Sunni Muslims (Mughals). Tens of thousands of people were reported to be killed in Delhi alone, including many Muslims, and the level of brutality was equal if not far greater than that seen in the Mysorean invasion of Kerala. Was this also a "jihad"? What were Muslims doing killing other Muslims to pursue their own self-interests, rather than allocating all of their collective energy to subjugating the infidels?

any intrafight among muslims is preceded by declaring others as " kaffirs "

this happened when bhutto was hanged and when zia ul haq was killed in airplane blast or even in recnet times with gaddaffi being called kafir by opposition forces.

also, in nadir's case the hindus were also killed in large numbers.

average american

The British ushered in a qualitatively new set of property relations by making land a commodity thereby giving a mortal blow to the peculiar feudal relations prevailing in the countryside. These new types of proprietary relations are called the Zamindari and ryotwari systems. Under the former vast tracts of land comprising of districts, talukas, villages and even large tribal areas were made over to zamindars.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles