The Syrian Crisis

Immanuel

Country flag
France came ready for a Russian counter attack. 1 Horizon air defence ship, 3 FREMMs, 2 AWACs 5 Rafale and 4 M2000-5 carried enough missiles to wipe the entire Russian and Syrian air forces in the area if they came at us and enough radar coverage for the whole Eastern Med. We actually brought more firepower for a counter attack than the Americans, their ABs had mostly Tomahawks in the tubes.

If Barracuda was ready the FREMMs would still be there. We have multiple platforms to launch cruise missiles, the British do not. The Tornadoes that fired the British response are to be scrapped by next year. If Russia attacked they would suffer far more losses, they could not detect French aircraft and buzzing ships in the middle of a shootout would not be happening.

FREMM is equipped with Thales CAPTAS 4 which is used by all the major NATO navies including the US. No one said the Kilos weren't detected, the issue was the Astute was detected which is a British fault of either design or having a really bad commander.

The Kilos trailing the Astute were detected, how else did they know they were there?

The Kilos were tracked by P8 covering the Astute transit, if the Russians managed to shoot it down with one of those frigates then there were 32 Exocet Blk 3s ready to launch. The FREMM and Horizon are a stealth design that is no bigger than a trawler on radar, Russia could not see them or at least tell what it was. I am sure there was a Rubis SSN covering our SAG that could help as well much less a Virginia class. For a P5 country the UK should be able to protect its own assets especially when they have a base in the middle of the combat zone, but alas.

My retirement status is not relevant to the topic.
Please, had the Russians turned on the S-400, your aircraft would have been toast. FREMMs and AD ships are easy targets to Russian supersonic cruise missiles. This attack began with a clear understanding for Russia to keep the S-400 off. The Russians have enough Su-35s, Su-30s, Blackjacks to sink more than half the ships in area.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Everything looks Rosy as long as nothing serious happens.

It might have turned out to be a huge embarrassment for British and struck fear in the coalition (America-Britan-France)

What were your thoughts when Russian war planes with Anti Ship missiles buzzed over the French war ships.

In case of America & Russian confrontation the second & the third fiddles of both the countries take the hits.
France came ready for a Russian counter attack. 1 Horizon air defence ship, 3 FREMMs, 2 AWACs 5 Rafale and 4 M2000-5 carried enough missiles to wipe the entire Russian and Syrian air forces in the area if they came at us and enough radar coverage for the whole Eastern Med. We actually brought more firepower for a counter attack than the Americans, their ABs had mostly Tomahawks in the tubes.

One thing about the fight that cannot be avoided is losses. As a veteran you should know more about it, don't you!!??

If Barracuda was in the place of Asture, you wouldn't have responded "saying French played a second Fiddle".

Coming to the intervention of any of the three FREMMs.....
If Barracuda was ready the FREMMs would still be there. We have multiple platforms to launch cruise missiles, the British do not. The Tornadoes that fired the British response are to be scrapped by next year. If Russia attacked they would suffer far more losses, they could not detect French aircraft and buzzing ships in the middle of a shootout would not be happening in the dark.

How good are they in terms of anti submarine warfare!!?? How does their sensors fare when FREMMs want to hunt the "Black Hole".

I think you don't know the story of how Kilo class subs got their nickname "Black Hole".
FREMM is equipped with Thales CAPTAS 4 which is used by all the major NATO navies including the US. No one said the Kilos weren't detected, the issue was the Astute was detected which is a British fault of either design or having a really bad commander.

After Krasnodar sub has fired it's missile salvo and enroute to it's home base through Mediterranean Sea, USS George Bush along with 5 warships, M60 Seahwaks, Poseidon and some Italian anti sub planes(no info on what they're) couldn't find even after calculating the possible resurfacing points couldn't locate it. The hunt went for weeks.......

Only a fool would think that French FREMMs would pickup a sub which US flotilla along with Poseidon couldn't locate it for weeks.
The Kilos trailing the Astute were detected, how else did they know they were there?

But there is one problem i.e. the "scenario" in both cases are different. In the US hunt case the primary objective of the "Black Hole" is to hide while in the Britain case the primary objective is to scare Asture and prevent it from engaging the Missile attack.

If FREMMs had come to rescue of Asture, at least one capital ship would be sunk and the Russians would leave without getting noticed.

On sending FREMMs to rescue Asture from the "Black Hole", I have one thing to say.... Never send sheep to kill a Wolf (quote from Wanted movie)
The Kilos were tracked by P8 covering the Astute transit, if the Russians managed to shoot it down with one of those frigates then there were 32 Exocet Blk 3s ready to launch. The FREMM and Horizon are a stealth design that is no bigger than a trawler on radar, Russia could not see them or at least tell what it was. I am sure there was a Rubis SSN covering our SAG that could help as well much less a Virginia class. For a P5 country the UK should be able to protect its own assets especially when they have a base in the middle of the combat zone, but alas.

I respect veterans(irrespective of their rank or country).......

No offense @Armand2REP , I believe you were at the NCO cadre during the time of retirement. If you're at the officer cadre then you know nothing about naval systems.
My retirement status is not relevant to the topic.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
OPCW can't find their own ass end let alone conclusively prove Assad was behind any of the gas attacks.

In reality, those Gas attacks even look fake, they were probably staged with actors.
Russians started with this. All staged. They even went as far to say MI5 was behind. James Bond ?
If everything was staged, no need to keep the inspectors from OPCW in their hotel rooms.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Please, had the Russians turned on the S-400, your aircraft would have been toast. FREMMs and AD ships are easy targets to Russian supersonic cruise missiles. This attack began with a clear understanding for Russia to keep the S-400 off. The Russians have enough Su-35s, Su-30s, Blackjacks to sink more than half the ships in area.
The S-400 was turned on, it just didn't fire. Not only that they had plenty of warships close to launch point which still didn't detect our aircraft. The Russians were completely blind to what France was doing. FREMM and Horizon are stealth frigates, they cannot be found in the dark with lights out. It is totally different when they are cruising off the Lebanese coast in the middle of the day for everyone to see them. There was a good reason the attack occurred at 03:00 several hundred kms from land away from shipping lanes.

bhramos

Country flag
OAN Investigation Finds No Evidence of Chemical Weapon Attack in Syria

One America's Pearson Sharp visited the war-torn town of Douma outside the capital of Damascus, looking for evidence of a chemical attack. However, residents there deny the claims of an attack, and say it was staged to help the rebels escape.

bhramos

Country flag
Yarmouk camp battle - Military reinforcements of SAA and allies arriving to battlefront

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Flame Thrower

Here is the proof for chemical attack on 4th April 2018.

I bet some of the forum members will say that the boy and his father were threatened and this video was filmed at gun point by SAA to counter NATO.

Dear @Armand2REP what does the responsible Leading power i.e. France has to say about this video.

Does it says that it will not believe the words of the victims of so called "Chemical Attacks" or will only believe the white helmets as they meet "NATO Goals"!!!

Dear @Tactical Frog any surprised imaginations!!!??like SAA used time machine and filmed video with the boy before chemical weapons were used!!

U.S. officials: Blood samples show nerve agent, chlorine in Syria gas attack

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/u-s-has-blood-samples-show-nerve-agent-syria-gas-n865431
Never mind, I was just so surprised I imagined the chemicals could be just fertilizers.

Just wow.

Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Here is the proof for chemical attack on 4th April 2018.

I bet some of the forum members will say that the boy and his father were threatened and this video was filmed at gun point by SAA to counter NATO.

Dear @Armand2REP what does the responsible Leading power i.e. France has to say about this video.

Does it says that it will not believe the words of the victims of so called "Chemical Attacks" or will only believe the white helmets as they meet "NATO Goals"!!!

Dear @Tactical Frog any surprised imaginations!!!??like SAA used time machine and filmed video with the boy before chemical weapons were used!!
Sorry, I am not expecting anything else than massive disinformation and psy ops from Russian-Syrian sources.

Why are the OPCW inspectors still not able to access the site where the videos were shot ? That is the only question of interest today.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I guess the OPCW inspectors would like to access places such as the one in that video. Talk to witnesses if any.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I happen to trust organisations like SAMS , they have been working with doctors inside Syria for years. Either the doctors lie and make false reports,or the attack and symptoms described are real .

About the reasons for which Assad , SAA would use chlorin and even sarin knowing it can trigger a Western reaction, I just believe that the mindset of Assad and his entourage is enough cruel and determined to ignore the risks and see only the profits (maximum terror against civilians ). Assad’s main war goal is to change for ever the demographics of Syria and drive ouside the country as much people linked with the rebellion as he can. He may also be listening to extremists in his own alawite community who want revenge for all the sufferings their community already endured.

Have a look at https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/04/assad-alawite-syria/557810/

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
So Assad does the one thing that will provoke NATO strikes right after Trump said that he is planning on moving away from Syria. Even though he is winning on the ground with Russian and Iranian help without any chemical weapons. Seems legit...

Tactical Frog

Country flag
« PARIS (Reuters) - Russia is obstructing the access of international chemical weapons inspectors to the site of a suspected poison gas attack in the Syrian town of Douma, French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Friday.

Experts from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) arrived in Damascus last weekend to examine the site of the suspected attack in nearby Douma, which killed dozens of people and led to U.S.-led missile strikes.

"At this time, inspectors from the OPCW still don't have access to the site of the gas attack in Douma," Le Drian said in a written statement.

The obstruction is likely aimed at ensuring that proof of the attack disappears, he said, adding that the OPCW must have full, immediate and unimpeded access to the site »

Who the hell is in control of Douma now ? Journalists were touring near attack site on Monday. OPCW still not able to access the site on Saturday ! Both Russia and Assad regime are again playing games with the international community.

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Check this out...

Check out the Qatar Turkey pipeline. If it were to be made it has to go through Syria. That's why the Americans are trying to take down Syria and turn it into another Libya. Russia isn't letting that happen because it would be a huge threat to its own stranglehold on the European gas market. That's why the French, British and the Germans are also so enthusiastic about taking out Assad.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Additionally, Russia supports an alternative pipeline from Iran through Syria to Turkey, which is called the "islamic pipeline". This again poses a major geopolitical threat to the Sunni states and Israel as it would elevate Iran into a much more important role in the middle East and would make it much richer if that pipeline comes through. I request Indian members to not fall for this chemical weapons bullshit. We've seen this movie before in Iraq.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5232786,00.html

Israelis are not impressed with the result of US-French-UK strikes :

« Officials in Israel's defense establishment, including in the Mossad, estimate Assad has been able to keep 5-10 percent of his chemical weapons stockpiles after the signing of an agreement to disarm Syria of its chemical weapons in September 2013, and he has been making attempts to hide what's left.
After US President Donald Trump began making threats last week of an imminent strike, the Syrians have made additional efforts to move away, scatter and hide planes, launching measures and munitions.
According to Israeli appraisals, since the signing of the 2013 agreement, Syria has used chemical weapons in about 100 instances, with 100 additional inconclusive cases. Assad has reportedly used sarin and mustard gas in these attacks, but not VX, the most lethal of the chemical weapons in his possession, as he is believed to be saving it as a "doomsday weapon." The Syrian president also makes frequent use of chlorine, which the US failed to include in the original agreement.
Based on the information gathered so far, only some of the chemical weapons facilities known to Israel were destroyed in the US-led attack.
However, an Israeli official noted, "Even if all of them had been destroyed, they don't include all of the chemical weapons, some of which is difficult to tell where the Syrians had hidden them."

Global Defence

New threads

Articles