The Russian Army Loves Sponge Bob Squarepants

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

Did you know, that one of the most popular marching songs in Russian army is "Sponge Bob Square Pants" theme? No, really, it is being used in lots of army units, both ground infantry and navy sailors use it while marching. The real army captains (or other high ranked officers) got used to train their voices to match the Sponge Bob's captain's voice when he asks "Are you ready children???". Sometime ago Westerners were afraid of the Soviet menace, that Russians can come to slay the free world. So if this could happen now, this Eastern slayers were going to sing the one of the easiest recognizable song of Western society (maybe so that the kids didn't afraid them). I guess you don't believe me - then watch the video. It's not just one army unit marching singing the "Sponge Bob" song, we've got a lot of them, from different Russian cities all enjoying the song, all marching, to the West?
Sponge Bob Soviet Army | English Russia

This is undoubtedly one of the most insane things i have ever heard about:p

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
SpongeBob SquarePants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 2011 study conducted at the University of Virginia, published in the journal Pediatrics, suggested that allowing preschool audiences to watch the series caused short term disruptions in mental function and attention span due to frequent shot changes. The study had three groups of four year-olds each engaged in activities; one group watched SpongeBob, another watched Caillou, and the third group drew pictures. After nine minutes, the children were tested on mental functions; the group watching SpongeBob scored significantly lower than the other two groups, whose results were roughly equal to each other.[58] A Nickelodeon executive responded that the show was not intended for an audience of that age and that the study used "questionable methodology and could not possibly provide the basis for any valid findings that parents could trust."[59]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles