The Rise of China : Strategic Implications.

What does china fear most militarily and socially as a threat to its security and stability?

• Total voters

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
The Chinese with their Grand F*cking projects like building a Railroad thru the Himalayas, Daming the Bhramaputra, etc are going to f*ck-up the entire ecology of the Tibetan area.

The Chinese are just too f*cking stupid to consider the long-term impact. They want to turn everything into a screwed-up shit-hole of development, pollution, etc.

redragon

Country flag
The Chinese with their Grand F*cking projects like building a Railroad thru the Himalayas, Daming the Bhramaputra, etc are going to f*ck-up the entire ecology of the Tibetan area.

The Chinese are just too f*cking stupid to consider the long-term impact. They want to turn everything into a screwed-up shit-hole of development, pollution, etc.
It's non of your f*cking business, you want to rot in your f*cking slum, I don't care, just don't meddling our business. One thing, China is the only country has large scale of increasing in forest territory in the past 10 yrs, I bet the process will be accelerate in the coming 10 yrs.

jazzguy

It's non of your f*cking business, you want to rot in your f*cking slum, I don't care, just don't meddling our business. One thing, China is the only country has large scale of increasing in forest territory in the past 10 yrs, I bet the process will be accelerate in the coming 10 yrs.
We are 2050 version of superpower with 2.5 billion of people and we can defeat chinaman in Tibet in 2050.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Increasing forest?!? I think you mean increasing desert. :pound:

Abstract: Ever since the disastrous floods of 1998, the Chinese government has used the Natural Forest Protection and Sloping Land Conversion Programs to promote afforestation and reforestation as means to reduce runoff, control erosion, and stabilize local livelihoods. These two ambitious programs have been reported as large-scale successes, contributing to an overall increase in China's forest cover and to the stated goals of environmental stabilization. A small-scale field study at the project level of the implementation of these two programs in Baiwu Township, Yanyuan County, Sichuan, casts doubt upon the accuracy and reliability of these claims of success; ground observations revealed utter failure in some sites and only marginal success in others. Reasons for this discrepancy are posited as involving ecological, economic, and bureaucratic factors.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

jazzguy

Everybody in this earth knows that China has planted about 1,5 million square KM of trees in last three decades, which is about half size of India.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Everybody in this earth knows that China has planted about 1,5 million square KM of trees in last three decades, which is about half size of India.
It don't help if they die and people keep using them for firewood.

jazzguy

you have no any proof to support your claim, you are trying to do propaganda, unfortunately you are the only one who is brainwashed
We in India have free media. Free media does not brainwash people. The censored Chinese media always fabricate some numbers for forest coverage in China.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you have no any proof to support your claim, you are trying to do propaganda, unfortunately you are the only one who is brainwashed
I just proved CCP lies about it. Talk about brainwashed 50 cent army.

DMF

We are 2050 version of superpower with 2.5 billion of people and we can defeat chinaman in Tibet in 2050.
IN 50years, China will be the biggest economy in the world, and also will be No. 1 in science and technology, the military power will be much developed, India will not dare to challenge China by then.
In the next 20 years, China will have a bigger economy than the USA, now China already produce more goods than USA, but the service sector is still small. But we believe that the industrial ability is more essential than the services. This is a fast changing world, only a few years ago, no body in China have expected we can get where we are so fast, and this is just the beginning, India also will develop, but as long as China not have trouble inside herself, no body could make a dent from the outside. From the very top to the grass root, all the people in China want to be No.1 in the world, again, and China can achieve it. India can not beat China in the foreseeable future.
Think about the 1962, when China just suffered the 3years starvation, can out do the India, now the Chinese government not fancy revolution, political ideology and section struggle anymore, the only aim is to excel in the world.
The Europe is old, and with too much north African Muslim immigration, will get lot of trouble in the coming years, In the USA, the young population under age of 18, the white people account for less 45%, the most productive force is shrinking, I am sure the future is in China. Not India

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India has the same attributes and strengths china has, and in some aspects indians has head start such as service sector,english speaking population etc. Don't foget chinese average population is becomes older because of one child policy. On the other hand india has big young pool. So India is a tough competitor to china in 21st century and Chinese know that.

As per the latest diplomatic moves done by the west, US, japan. All the favoring democratic india in trade and alliances than communist china.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
India has the same attributes and strengths china has, and in some aspects indians has head start such as service sector,english speaking population etc. Don't foget chinese average population is becomes older because of one child policy. On the other hand india has big young pool. So India is a tough competitor to china in 21st century and Chinese know that.

As per the latest diplomatic moves done by the west, US, japan. All the favoring democratic india in trade and alliances than communist china.
Japanese are notorious for their bad english, yet it has not prevented Japan from becoming argurably the planet's most technologically advanced nation. English is overrated, one day it may not even be the most useful language naymore. Furthermore, while chinese are generally lagging in spoken english, there are probably more english-proficient people in China than there are in India.

SHASH2K2

Japanese are notorious for their bad english, yet it has not prevented Japan from becoming argurably the planet's most technologically advanced nation. English is overrated, one day it may not even be the most useful language naymore. Furthermore, while chinese are generally lagging in spoken english, there are probably more english-proficient people in China than there are in India.
I know many people there have mugged up entire dictionary . We Indians donot have that kind of brain and obviously your vocabulary will be good. But that doesn't result into better english. there may be one or two brilliant persons who have best command over english but you forgot the basic fact that we are talking about general people and you cannot even dream to match us in that . Your mother tongue influence is so strong that even after spending whole life in USA little will change .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Furthermore, while chinese are generally lagging in spoken english, there are probably more english-proficient people in China than there are in India.
Interesting point, there are many who take English in China but their level of proficiency is very low. Out of the 100+ locals I have met who speak to me in English, none would be able to hold a job in an English speaking country.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chinese treat english as a tool, nothing more, its not part of their heritage. English is now taught at all chinese schools across all grade levels, in the coastal areas even kindergardens have started to teach english, sometimes going as far as hiring native speakers to teach. I would hardly be surprised should there turn out to be more chinese, who can read and write english, than there are similar indians.

Yes, there aren't many chinese nationals who write english novels, or commentate in english on TV with a thick accent, but chinese are not really bothered by this.

BTW, last time I was in paris (around 2007), i found english virtually useless.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, China has really gone overboard with teaching English without checking to see if they are LEARNING English. It is a bunch of repetition without learning grammatical structure. They think they can get a job with it but then they find out there is no job market for them. It is over-saturated by a 1000 times.

BTW, last time I was in Paris (2010) English was understood at most hotels, airports, fancy restaurants, train stations, many cabbies and just about any information desk. It is the largest tourist language, so it is going to be understood by people in the tourist industry.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ï guess the city you went to must have been one of 20 or so cities called Paris in the US. When I went to Paris, in France that is, around 2007, hardly 2 out of 100 people in the streets could speak english well enough for me to understand.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I guess you were in the wrong city called Paris if you can't find people at all the aforementioned places to find directions. Of course you didn't' bother to go to places that speak English but ask people on the street. It isn't any different in China except for the fact Han think you are crazy and pretend like you aren't even there. Out of a 100 people, I found one who helped me. I learned to have my girl on speed dial so she can translate while I am on the move now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles