The Reason Israel Won't Go It Alone Against Iran

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Reason Israel Won't Go Alone Against Iran May Be This Single Piece Of US Equipment - Business Insider

We previously reported on the deployment of U.S. troops and the radar system to Israel, which went pretty much unnoticed in 2008. What's set up now in the Negev desert is a very sophisticated system that is guarded quite jealously by the U.S. — the Israeli military isn't privy to all the data that is collected.

"We share a lot, but there's a valve on the pipeline, and it's a one-way valve," said a Western military official involved in the program to TIME.

Essentially, this forces Israel to be dependent on the Pentagon and its resources.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What contraption is this?

p2prada

I don't think the XBR planned for Israel is that small and neither do I believe it is meant to stop the so called Iranian "missiles." All meant to keep an eye on the region rather than some glorified act of protecting Israel. Maybe meant to deter Russia instead.

Heck Pakistan can be considered a greater threat than Iran if missiles and nukes are to be considered, especially looking at their robust proliferation activities.

pack leader

Professional

W.G.Ewald

Professional
you are naive
we are masters at ew
we can easily spoof the radar if we want to
we have our own radars the American radar is just a electronic link to NATO c&c
we are not some east European slave nation
we are ally's not subjects get over your arrogance
Who are you bitching at? I just posted an article. There are so many petulant assholes here who want to start a fight. (And I see trackwhack pops up when discord starts to brew, as usual.)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We are digressing.

How does that stop Israel is the issue.

p2prada

We are digressing.

IMHO, it has nothing to do with stopping anybody in the Middle East. It is just a radar system to deter Russia. It is capable of watching most of Europe, including Russia. Anywhere between 3000-4500Km range.

US backed out of the ABM treaty in 2002 which allowed ABM missiles to be placed only in one site. They are pushing for multiple ABM sites all around NATO countries(latest Poland) to undermine Russia's strategic deterrent.

Quite smart if it works out. Take out Russia in a first strike, NATO is protected from retaliation. The ensuing nuclear winter will kill the poor Chinese and Indians and most of the undeveloped world. Chaos ensues and after things settle down the US will dominate the rest of the world forever. I am being a bit sensational I guess, but quite frightening.

If the US unilaterally backed out of ABM treaty, then next up is the New START Treaty.

trackwhack

Who are you bitching at? I just posted an article. There are so many petulant assholes here who want to start a fight. (And I see trackwhack pops up when discord starts to brew, as usual.)
Take a chill pill, his anger was directed at the author as well. I read the article, it was hogwash not to mention arrogant.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
you are naive
we are masters at ew
we can easily spoof the radar if we want to
we have our own radars the American radar is just a electronic link to NATO c&c
we are not some east European slave nation
we are ally's not subjects get over your arrogance
Some kind of evidence for these three claims may be worth discussion.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
We are digressing.

Without pursuing further links in the article, the key point claimed is this:
Information from the radar is analyzed by American technicians on site [i.e. in Israel] and then forwarded to the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in California. Israeli commanders aren't alerted about anything unless MDA computers detect a hostile missile from the data feed. That's when interceptors and surface-to-air defense systems come into play.
So the article claims Americans call the shots, but the story certainly lacks depth.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles