the rank of the top 20 economies (by the nominal GDP during 2011.1.1-2011.9.30)

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
inflation and exchange rate
exactly the point i am coming to.

can you give us the exchange rate for 2010 that was used to calculate the gdp then and what will be the projected exchange rate for 2011.

we then can easily figure out the inflation rate, and it seems you chaps are close to double digit inflation rate, but officially it is not admitted.

cir

Do you have a link these numbers seem to be wrong?
China's Q1-3 GDP is 320692 yuan, which translates into total economic output for year 2011 of circa 48.1 trillion yuan, assuming that Q4 makes up one third of the total as it has always。

Using a conservative year-end exchange rate of 6.35:1,GDP in dollar terms will be $7.6 trillion。

cir

Taking into account the contribution of Hong Kong and Macau SARs, and leaving out Taiwan's(ROC, the Republic of China), the 2011 GDP of the People's Republic of China is likely to be very close to $8 trillion.

cir

As a side note, for a country whose currency is expected to appreciate consistently against the US dollar in the next few years, its $ GDP is more meaningfully calculated using the year-end exchange rate rather than the year-average rate, which has been employed to arrive at the rankings in this thread。

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
exactly the point i am coming to.

can you give us the exchange rate for 2010 that was used to calculate the gdp then and what will be the projected exchange rate for 2011.

we then can easily figure out the inflation rate, and it seems you chaps are close to double digit inflation rate, but officially it is not admitted.
in fact, exchange rate matters much more than inflation....

RMB is appeciating while Rupee is devaluing....

at the same time, India's had higher inflation than CHina......

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
in fact, exchange rate matters much more than inflation....

RMB is appeciating while Rupee is devaluing....

at the same time, India's had higher inflation than CHina......
hahaha

BG i have been asking some very simple questions to you, but i like it the way you are avoiding them.

the difference is, india doesnt hide the inflation rate, but from what you have shown us, it is very clear the inflation rate in china is in double digits but china doesnt admit it, and aptly exposed by a chinese who did those figures in the opening post, but then i understand, you are in a position not to say what has been exposed. :D

badguy2000

Respected Member
hahaha

BG i have been asking some very simple questions to you, but i like it the way you are avoiding them.

the difference is, india doesnt hide the inflation rate, but from what you have shown us, it is very clear the inflation rate in china is in double digits but china doesnt admit it, and aptly exposed by a chinese who did those figures in the opening post, but then i understand, you are in a position not to say what has been exposed. :D
you seem not to understant how nominal GDP growth(23.4%) is caculated...

nominal growth=(1+ real growth)*(1+ inflation)*(1+ appeciation)-1

if China's real growth is 9.5%, inflation is 5% and appeciation of RMB is 6%, then
CHina's nominal growth =(1+9.5%)*(1+5%)*(1+6%)-1=21.87%......

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
good, at least there is something you came up with.

real growth rate is 9.4%
yaun appreciation to dollar for the said period is 4.5%

and the inflation rate is 8%

"‹and that is where 23.4% came from.

agentperry

bankrupt italy and lala brazil are ahead of us. demeaning, defaming and insulting.

badguy2000

Respected Member
bankrupt italy and lala brazil are ahead of us. demeaning, defaming and insulting.
Italy and brazil have been ahead of India for decades always

your surprise just proves how ignorant you are!

cir

hahaha

China hides its inflation rate? What makes you so sure?

China hides nothing。 Don't confuse the CPI, which is around 5。5% so far this year, with the GDP deflator, which is what is used to calculate the nominal output。

India's CPI, at some 10%, is way higher than China。 I will leave you to work out India's implicit price deflator since you are such a smarty pants。:rofl:

cir

India's interest rates are higher than China's because the former needs a tighter monetary policy to combat a much higher inflation.

Indian rupee has lost value against the US dollar whilst the Chinese yuan has gained because the former has a much higher inflation.

Those who take the view that the rupee is not undervalued, as it was already 3 months ago, can kiss goodbye to the national pastime of measuring GDP in PPP terms.

Those who think that India can have a combination of relatively high growth rates and stubbornly high inflation without a corresponding collapse in the value of the rupee should have his or her brain checked by a psychiatrist, for if it were otherwise, India's dollar GDP would be growing in leaps and bounds.

The reality, as always, is the opposite.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles