The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
11 floors is a lot man. Lol.
No, not a lot once you do it daily(5 times a week)... it only increases breathing a bit but doesn't give much effect on legs.

When I first tried to climb it started giving pain at 8th floor and then I had to take a 30 sec break but now it's easy to go till 15th floor in one go.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
No, not a lot once you do it daily(5 times a week)... it only increases breathing a bit but doesn't give much effect on legs.

When I first tried to climb it started giving pain at 8th floor and then I had to take a 30 sec break but now it's easy to go till 15th floor in one go.
Dont you end up sweating when you enter the office? Do you live in some cold country then?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Dont you end up sweating when you enter the office? Do you live in some cold country then?
Nahi yaar, I live in Delhi.I get only little sweat and after I reach office I stand still and take 30 long breath and it's all ok.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
None of the above. I jump on a treadmill as a cool down but do little aerobic exercice. Mostly free weights, anerobic is where its at for muscle gain. Running just sucks the fuel needed to grow.

Koovie

anyone here who tried intervall training??? Its hard but the results are worth it

pmaitra

None of the above. I jump on a treadmill as a cool down but do little aerobic exercice. Mostly free weights, anerobic is where its at for muscle gain. Running just sucks the fuel needed to grow.
Do you not use the kettle-bell Tovarish?

Anyway, I did 110 pushups few hours ago. :)

KS

Bye bye DFI
Cycling. Dutch people love cycling.Being punjabi desi and now Dutch, i have to adopt that. We got separate lanes for cycling. I do 30 min everyday. As a punjabi who never cycled in adulthood in India has to cycle here in Holland. but iam happy as it keeps me fit
Do Dutch traffic mamus ask for license for driving cycle also and fine if it does not have an headlight ? :laugh:

Tolaha

Anyone here who likes jogging or other similar activities to improve your endurance? Perhaps some members of our Defence Forces ?
Just share your experiences
I am running approx. 4-5 km 4 times a week.
Running, Jogging.... sheesh... Exercise is for sissies! I'd like to believe that I'm a natural well-built, handsome hunk who doesn't need to get into such crazy stuff!

Wifey might think otherwise.

pmaitra

I have done 112 pushups until now!
That's great.

Also, try not to do it too fast. I usually keep my feet on a box (a low table if you will), and have two dumb-bells to rest my palms on. This way, when I lower my torso, my chest is actually below the level of my palms.

Koovie

Hey, not to worry, I'm not doing it too fast. When I said 112 pushups, I meant in my whole life!
Wow respect :thumb: My record were around 80 push ups, but the last 10 or so were not done properly so lets say 70 push ups

Tolaha

Wow respect :thumb: My record were around 80 push ups, but the last 10 or so were not done properly so lets say 70 push ups
I think you mistakenly "respected" my post instead of that of pmaitra! :)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Do you not use the kettle-bell Tovarish?

Anyway, I did 110 pushups few hours ago. :)
You did a 110 pushups in a single go ?
Nah, I don't believe you. Prove it. :)

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Nope, in a single go, I can do up to 90. I took breaks,
Dude, are you in the army or something ?
The max. I can do in a single go is like 48 or so. And after that my arms ache like badly for sometime.
Wait I know, you' re flooring your knees aren't you? Or maybe you have a giant belly... ? :hmm:
Just kidding, of course.

But, seriously what is the secret of your strength, boost?
90 is just too much.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
For now, I'm only using stairs instead of elevators.and go for an evening walk :tape:
7 floors up and down is a good thing I guess.
I made it regular after seeing people in my office use elevators for getting down 1-2 floors.

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

Dude, are you in the army or something ?
The max. I can do in a single go is like 48 or so. And after that my arms ache like badly for sometime.
Wait I know, you' re flooring your knees aren't you? Or maybe you have a giant belly... ? :hmm:
Just kidding, of course.

But, seriously what is the secret of your strength, boost?
90 is just too much.
I am a civilian.

If you practice, you can easily do 90 pushups. No biggie.

Moreover, my diet is very atypical of a Bengali.

I do not eat rice, absolutely not. I also eat just one chapati per meal.

I eat a lot of veggies, usually boiled with little or no oil. I take broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, red bell peppers and asparagus regularly. These help secrete hormones that assist in muscle growth. I also eat a lot of eggs, chicken and red meat (mainly for iron). Then there is whey that I take.

I avoid pizza and anything that has cheese.

If you see my picture, you can see that I am not exactly fat. ;)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I am a civilian.

If you practice, you can easily do 90 pushups. No biggie.

Moreover, my diet is very atypical of a Bengali.

I do not eat rice, absolutely not. I also eat just one chapati per meal.

I eat a lot of veggies, usually boiled with little or no oil. I take broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, red bell peppers and asparagus regularly. These help secrete hormones that assist in muscle growth. I also eat a lot of eggs, chicken and red meat (mainly for iron). Then there is whey that I take.

I avoid pizza and anything that has cheese.

If you see my picture, you can see that I am not exactly fat. ;)
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
When the time comes you can give me your recipes. :cool2:

pmaitra

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
When the time comes you can give me your recipes. :cool2:
Honestly dude, I had to go through a lot of pain to make this transition. It is very painful to get to mainly boiled stuff, having grown up on Indian spices.

It is really a lot of pain.

Anyway, there are gains from that pain. Lasses hit on you. ;)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles