The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Great to have an adventurer in DFI @Tshering22
Your job needs continuous workout, and you're doing well...

I also am restarting my fitness schedule with some light exercises, have plans to lose some fat and gain some muscles...
:)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Great to have an adventurer in DFI @Tshering22
Your job needs continuous workout, and you're doing well...

I also am restarting my fitness schedule with some light exercises, have plans to lose some fat and gain some muscles...
:)
Carry a bag full of stones on your back and walk up the stairs if you have any place like that around your house. Within 2-3 months your physique would be like a beast in terms of endurance.

We have the mountains, you have the stairs.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Carry a bag full of stones on your back and walk up the stairs if you have any place like that around your house. Within 2-3 months your physique would be like a beast in terms of endurance.

We have the mountains, you have the stairs.
But hey there is one advantage that stairs can not offer but only mountains can.
Thinner air.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
For workouts, I go for the traditional sandbag lifting and long endurance runs, everyday early morning. Usually about 15-20 kg of total weight disbursed evenly on forearms, thighs, shins, chest and back and for about 90-120 minutes. It is a good workout especially when running uphill, which is common in my place.
I have nothing to add but just wanted to say you are a badass, sir. I wouldn't last ten minutes running uphill with weights.

Illusive

Country flag
I workout Monday to Friday. Come weekend and I go into party mode which means back to square 1. Repeat the process every week:biggrin2:

Krusty

Country flag
@Project Dharma, @Razor, @Krusty

1. do you exercise during office hours?
2. how do you fend off sleep/lethargy?
1) I don't 'workout' per se. I love fitness more than Bodybuilding. I used to run 5 km Everyday except Monday's and have a high intensity cardio session on Sundays (Average person will hardly be able to stand even at 60-70% completion. I will only complete 85-90% before I give up).

2) you aren't fighting sleep and lethargy as much as you are fighting getting old. I am assuming you are referring to sleep at work. At my office, everyone sleeps for 30 mins after lunch lol. In our Vietnam office, its lights out for 30mins after lunch:hat:. Do you know that quick 30 mins of rest actually does wonders in fighting off sleep for the rest of the afternoon.

P.S: lethargy at work is a sure shot indicator that you aren't satisfied with your job and it's time for a change... or you are old (with due respect)

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Project Dharma, @Razor, @Krusty

1. do you exercise during office hours?
2. how do you fend off sleep/lethargy?
1. After my ACLR last year I have rarely done serious workouts, other than the physiotherapy. And those rare workout consisted of pullups and pushps only. So other than physio, over the last 8-9 months I have worked out maybe a dozen times, probably lesser.
But even before that I never worked out in office. When i workout I completely work the f out. And it pains for a few days after.
That being said my job ain't exactly a desk job and sometimes, maybe a few times a week, I do need to move some heavy tools around. We do have a fork lift, but you know...

2. I don't fend off sleep. I simply sleep, at night.
Exercise tears the muscles, sleep rebuilds them.

As for lethargy, what I used to do was watch MMA videos (like from UFC, Pride, K1 etc) It gets me pumped up.

Goddammit I have become lazy these days. :rage:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
1) I don't 'workout' per se. I love fitness more than Bodybuilding. I used to run 5 km Everyday except Monday's and have a high intensity cardio session on Sundays (Average person will hardly be able to stand even at 60-70% completion. I will only complete 85-90% before I give up).

2) you aren't fighting sleep and lethargy as much as you are fighting getting old. I am assuming you are referring to sleep at work. At my office, everyone sleeps for 30 mins after lunch lol. In our Vietnam office, its lights out for 30mins after lunch:hat:. Do you know that quick 30 mins of rest actually does wonders in fighting off sleep for the rest of the afternoon.

P.S: lethargy at work is a sure shot indicator that you aren't satisfied with your job and it's time for a change... or you are old (with due respect)
Oh I thought he meant lethargy before exercising.

Lethargy at work? Maybe he works for gorment??

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What's ACLR ?
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is one of the major ligaments in the knee.
I tore mine while playing cricket, after jumping for a heroic catch.

Hence the operation to reconstruct the ACL: ACLR.
It takes a bit of your hamstring tendon, and puts it where the ACL used to be. Then there's few months of physio after that, and you're good to go.

Krusty

Country flag
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is one of the major ligaments in the knee.
I tore mine while playing cricket, after jumping for a heroic catch.

Hence the operation to reconstruct the ACL: ACLR.
It takes a bit of your hamstring tendon, and puts it where the ACL used to be. Then there's few months of physio after that, and you're good to go.
True heroics would have been 'rub some dirt on it and get back to the field'. Catching a ball isn't heroic :troll:

IMG_3798.JPG

JK, hope everything is fine now, softie.:biggrin2:

OK I'll shtap

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

1. After my ACLR last year I have rarely done serious workouts, other than the physiotherapy. And those rare workout consisted of pullups and pushps only. So other than physio, over the last 8-9 months I have worked out maybe a dozen times, probably lesser.
But even before that I never worked out in office. When i workout I completely work the f out. And it pains for a few days after.
That being said my job ain't exactly a desk job and sometimes, maybe a few times a week, I do need to move some heavy tools around. We do have a fork lift, but you know...

2. I don't fend off sleep. I simply sleep, at night.
Exercise tears the muscles, sleep rebuilds them.

As for lethargy, what I used to do was watch MMA videos (like from UFC, Pride, K1 etc) It gets me pumped up.

Goddammit I have become lazy these days. :rage:
yes, my questions were entirely 'office-bound'.

you got me! stuck in a kind of job i had never thought myself to be in, ever in my life, & used to actively despise it - an office/desk-PC job. life! incidentally i got thrown into this when i myself suffered an ACL and meniscus tear while working on a ship. i generally dislike (keeping) sitting, and onboard mates used to remark, "wtf! why do you keep standing like a horse?! just sit down too sometimes." and now, here i am, this is me, fulfilling their wish as they wanted it to be. :lol: :notsure: :mad2: :tsk:

again, life! :dude: :doh: :sad:

anyway, yes, desperately looking for a change. my tolerance for staying on a desk has seemingly crossed the time-threshold (plus am in a team which has a mix of fellows of the kind we keep lamenting about here so thats an additional daily headache, esp the supervisor who also is loosely a friend. :frusty: @Ancient Indian is aware.)

anyway in the meantime this devil's mind has been incessantly thinking of and devising ways for movement. becomes very difficult esp. if i've anything less than 7-7.5 hrs of sleep the previous night. i strongly think that such a job would help insomniacs overcome their insomnia! anyway, i recently started this thing of exercising in the office-washroom a couple of times during the day. came back from another such session some minutes ago.

Last edited:

raja696

I used to do jogging in the evenings(6-8pm) 6km. Almost exhausted, but on the contrary even though my body is exhausted, my mind is super charged 7-8 hours after that.

This made my night sleep a mess. So gave up jogging evening.

If u can jog or do body activity in the morning.

I am sure in ur job u will be ass kicking (not literally ) i mean mentally. This could beat up lethargic tasks as dopamine is kicking up for next 7-8 hours.

Hope its helpful.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I used to do jogging in the evenings(6-8pm) 6km. Almost exhausted, but on the contrary even though my body is exhausted, my mind is super charged 7-8 hours after that.

This made my night sleep a mess. So gave up jogging evening.

If u can jog or do body activity in the morning.

I am sure in ur job u will be ass kicking (not literally ) i mean mentally. This could beat up lethargic tasks as dopamine is kicking up for next 7-8 hours.

Hope its helpful.
same happens with me if i train in the evening.
but about morning am not sure. coz during our training days we used to fall asleep in the classes after our morning PT & conditioning muster. :rolleyes: :rofl:

but i've found anaerobic conditioning/weight-lifting in the mornings to usually kind of 'sober' you down for the day and you dont feel sleepy, but are in a kind of 'twilight' zone, not sleepy or lethargic nor bubbling with energy, but quite alert than usual, yes. kind of in an almost 'Zanshin' state of mind and awareness.

P.S. - sitting for long hours would i assume fizzle out all dopamine-shopamine testosterone-wastosterone! :rollseyes: :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
@OneGrimPilgrim be like ...

IMG_3800.JPG

Well to be honest, the majority of humanity is on the same damn boat. Myself included. the gears in my head hate and grind every single day. One mistake of choosing your field of work and you are messed up for life. Time machines can't come soon enough. Seriously, what advancement in technology? We can't even reverse time! . Leaving Europe for Singapore was the single dumbest mistake of my life. Anyway, I have decided to give change a chance again. Change in environment atleast is a temporary fix. Let's see how it goes..

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
yes, my questions were entirely 'office-bound'.

you got me! stuck in a kind of job i had never thought myself to be in, ever in my life, & used to actively despise it - an office/desk-PC job. life! incidentally i got thrown into this when i myself suffered an ACL and meniscus tear while working on a ship. i generally dislike (keeping) sitting, and onboard mates used to remark, "wtf! why do you keep standing like a horse?! just sit down too sometimes." and now, here i am, this is me, fulfilling their wish as they wanted it to be. :lol: :notsure: :mad2: :tsk:

again, life! :dude: :doh: :sad:

anyway, yes, desperately looking for a change. my tolerance for staying on a desk has seemingly crossed the time-threshold (plus am in a team which has a mix of fellows of the kind we keep lamenting about here so thats an additional daily headache, esp the supervisor who also is loosely a friend. :frusty: @Ancient Indian is aware.)

anyway in the meantime this devil's mind has been incessantly thinking of and devising ways for movement. becomes very difficult esp. if i've anything less than 7-7.5 hrs of sleep the previous night. i strongly think that such a job would help insomniacs overcome their insomnia! anyway, i recently started this thing of exercising in the office-washroom a couple of times during the day. came back from another such session some minutes ago.
You too ACL?? lolz
If you had an ACLR you shouldn't be sittin around, coz that will weaken your muscles; so not sure why you're still in desk job.
I thought you were a martial arts instructor or something, from previous interactions.
Also you should exercise wearing loose fitting clothes not office clothes, plus you must sweat.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles