The Only Indian Fighter Pilot Ace to This Day

shom

@RamKrishna, @Ray, @shom, @mikhail, Please stop taking pride on them, they were serving British Government thus indirectly helping British Government to kill innocent Indians, why should we take pride for them? They did nothing to India, serving british Government means to help them to their plunder and racial hatred to Indians?

Dont we have minimum self-respect that we honour those betrayers who helped a Foreign colonial Government that was killing their own country men??? To me those soldiers who mutinied in Singapore in 1915 are true Heros.

What the heck the so called British-Indian army or Royal Indian air force or navy did for Indian people? Why should we simultaneously honour both slaves of British who were dedicated to help British to starve out Indians and our freedom fighters fighting for our our liberty? It is hypocrisy. Please stop it.

No matter they are Indian or nor, at first to honour them we need to see that they really help humanity or India?

These pilots fighting for British helped to defeat Germans, enemy's enemy is our friend thus delaying our freedom. What ever they did not for India, they did it to british imperialism.

You guys forgot how British gave their gratitudeness to India's contribution after WW1? Jailianwalabagh massacre, Qissa Khawani massacre.

Qissa Khwani Bazaar massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To me NirmalJit Singh Sekhon is hero, the only Indian Air force member to receive Param Vir Chakra.

Taken from Bharat Rakshak.

On 14th december, Srinagar air field was attacked by 6 Pak F 86 Sabers among them 4 armed with armed with 2 500 Pound bombs. He was the only pilot to took off under heavy attack, his plane was Folland Gnat, in dog fight he scored a hit on a Saber and set another ablaze, before being shot down, it is not known where his plane went down.

He is the only air force member to receive Param Vir Chakra till present day.:salute:
Ohh ! ! ! really , we didn't even know about him ! ! ! There is a phrase in English which goes like this "look before you leap" but my suggestion is please do some research before you comment, there are threads and posting on brave Indian Airforce pilots here which are posted by everyone you have mentioned. Secondly, we have mentioned these aces because they are best in their profession. I think we should give them their due respect in this aspect. They are best soldiers of our motherland so don't even dare to insult them. Just remember that C.K. Naidu, Ranjit Singhji all played cricket when India was under British rule. That doesn't gives us the right to underestimate their capabilities. Indralal Roy, Arjan Singh are C.K. Naidu and Ranjit Singhji if Sekhon and Squadron Leader bawa are Sachin and Sourav, get it. So please refrain yourself from posting such replies which shows your childish and amateur behavior atleast in my threads. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waffen SS

Ohh ! ! ! really , we didn't even know about him ! ! ! There is a phrase in English which goes like this "look before you leap" but my suggestion is please do some research before you comment, there are threads and posting on brave Indian Airforce pilots here which are posted by everyone you have mentioned.
I mentioned them not because of Air force pilots, for purely political reason. Why should we honour Indians serving in British when British was butchering us? I just wanted to say it is not good or right for us to honour Britain's when we also honour our freedom fighters. Can you honour to an Indian who is secretly helping ISI? If no then no.

I mentioned them not to show my knowledge but to stop praising those who did nothing for India and in addition helped India's enemy.

Secondly, we have mentioned these aces because they are best in their profession. I think we should give them their due respect in this aspect.
You mean notorious British police and Military officers should we praise for their excellent expertness in butchering and torturing?? Of course this people were not butchering, but were helping British indirectly to control India and British control- Mass famine and torture in India.

German victory in WW1- end of British Raj in India.

They are best soldiers of our motherland so don't even dare to insult them.
You mean far away Britain is your country from where people came to loot your neighbouring villagers? Did I say any thing against Nermal Jit Singh Sekhon?

Just remember that C.K. Naidu, Ranjit Singhji all played cricket when India was under British rule. That doesn't gives us the right to underestimate their capabilities. Indralal Roy, Arjan Singh are C.K. Naidu and Ranjit Singhji if Sekhon and Squadron Leader bawa are Sachin and Sourav, get it. So please refrain yourself from posting such replies which shows your childish and amateur behavior atleast in my threads. Thank you.
Did playing cricket strengthen a colonial Government? Who is your enemy- Germans fighting in thousands mile away Europe against British or British killing thousands of people in our own country? Germans were not angels, but they were enemy of British so they are our friends. It is what I wanted to say.

If so then why Gandhiji launched no-cooperation movement urging Indians to resign from British Government? You know how Ireland got freedom after Easter Rising? There was mass resignation from British Government in protest, British administration was turned completely ineffective due to lack of employers.

In a Colonial Government helping them to maintain their rule is not good. Why should we fight against Germany? What was between us and them? It was certainly a problem between a Britain and Germany, not for us, we were dragged by false promise, suffered a lot, and in return got nothing.

No difference between British police torturing and hanging Revolutionaries to get information, doing Lathicharge on our respected leaders(Lala Lajpat Rai) trying to maintain British control from inner enemy and British Indian Military trying to save British empire from external enemy.

Indralal Roy was certainly a good pilot I cant deny, but what I oppose that is saying India is proud of them etc nonsense. Thank you.

shom

If I take your words then we should have rejected all our Indian soldiers serving before Independence in the army and we should have recruited a whole new set of army, navy and airforce personnel after independence, we should have rejected all civil servants who were serving India before independence and recruited a whole new set of civil servants. We should not have given Bharat Ratna to Khan Abdul Gaffar khan as he became Pakistani. Hey man ! ! ! grow up dude. Be professional. One who is professional he is professional you can't deny that. If this is your view then it leads us to non violence with pakistan as they are our brothers and we should not talk to any British counterpart as they looted our country. But that is not the thing. As far as Indralal Roy is concerned if you have a hostile view on thinking him a hero that is your personal choice and keep it with you. If you are in a forum which is concerned with defence PLEASE LEARN TO HONOR SOLDIERS, NOT ONLY OF YOUR MOTHERLAND OF ANY COUNTRY, and you dared to tag Ray sir here. Haa !!! do you know he himself is a soldier in Indian Army and lot more experienced than you? So please ask an apology to Ray sir and be decent to everyone. Don't impose your views on others.

Waffen SS

If I take your words then we should have rejected all our Indian soldiers serving before Independence in the army and we should have recruited a whole new set of army, navy and airforce personnel after independence, we should have rejected all civil servants who were serving India before independence and recruited a whole new set of civil servants. We should not have given Bharat Ratna to Khan Abdul Gaffar khan as he became Pakistani. Hey man ! ! ! grow up dude. Be professional. One who is professional he is professional you can't deny that. If this is your view then it leads us to non violence with pakistan as they are our brothers and we should not talk to any British counterpart as they looted our country. But that is not the thing. As far as Indralal Roy is concerned if you have a hostile view on thinking him a hero that is your personal choice and keep it with you. If you are in a forum which is concerned with defence PLEASE LEARN TO HONOR SOLDIERS, NOT ONLY OF YOUR MOTHERLAND OF ANY COUNTRY, and you dared to tag Ray sir here. Haa !!! do you know he himself is a soldier in Indian Army and lot more experienced than you? So please ask an apology to Ray sir and be decent to everyone. Don't impose your views on others.

Hello friend, kind of patriotism what you said me not to impose in Defence forum also you have. That's why despite there are many more aces you only posted Indralal Roy because he is Indian, instead you could have posted other aces from many wars? You did not, here patriotism works.

Replacing all Indians from ex-British service was not possible, we did not have revolution. Indian Government even forbade ex-INA soldiers from joining Indian Military. Depp political question comes here, why? I am not going there. But Indian army is very much deeply connected with it's colonial roots. I am thankful to them not for their service to British, but to India. British did everything to keep Indian Government in hands of Anglophones. So true Freedom Fighters were kept away, Anglophone Nehru came and did all he could do.

Indian navy flag.

Royal Indian navy Flag.

In sense of Military expertness should we honour British Generals because they were very expert? I dont hate Indians serving with them, I dont care, I just ignore and every one should ignore.

May be you know how we Indians killed those Indians serving with British in 1857 Revolt or by Revolutionaries?

What is with Abdul Gaffar Khan? He fought for India's freedom? His home went into Pakistan, after all when he fought for India, then they were still Indians. Abdul Gaffar Khan fought against British that's why he is honoured, not Jinnah who helped British.

Indralal Roy was certainly a good pilot I cant deny, but what I oppose that is saying India is proud of them etc nonsense.
This tells all.

For Pakistan, we are not certainly Gangajal other wise British would not be able to pick some Indians and starving India using own countrymen.

If I any how seem rude then sorry.:)

I am not imposing, I think I just I have shown what we should do? Rest depends on other.

I know Ray sir a Military personnel.

pmaitra

There are valid points on both sides. While one must respect a person's professionalism in his field of duty, from the political perspective, it is true that they were mere servants of the British Empire. Nobody is free of blemish, to be honest, given that the Indian Army is a descendant of the British Indian Army. The much celebrated Gukha Regiment (along with Baloch Regiment) was responsible for the Jaliwanwala-Bagh Massacre.

Let's keep this thread objective. Let's keep it limited to individual performance, and not link it to nationalism, because, neither follows from the other.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As a Indian i am proud ..

In those days there were no other options (2 December 1898 – 22 July 1918), He was not only flying as a individual but also representing Indians ..

shom

Hello friend, kind of patriotism what you said me not to impose in Defence forum also you have. That's why despite there are many more aces you only posted Indralal Roy because he is Indian, instead you could have posted other aces from many wars? You did not, here patriotism works.

Replacing all Indians from ex-British service was not possible, we did not have revolution. Indian Government even forbade ex-INA soldiers from joining Indian Military. Depp political question comes here, why? I am not going there. But Indian army is very much deeply connected with it's colonial roots. I am thankful to them not for their service to British, but to India. British did everything to keep Indian Government in hands of Anglophones. So true Freedom Fighters were kept away, Anglophone Nehru came and did all he could do.

Indian navy flag.

Royal Indian navy Flag.

In sense of Military expertness should we honour British Generals because they were very expert? I dont hate Indians serving with them, I dont care, I just ignore and every one should ignore.

May be you know how we Indians killed those Indians serving with British in 1857 Revolt or by Revolutionaries?

What is with Abdul Gaffar Khan? He fought for India's freedom? His home went into Pakistan, after all when he fought for India, then they were still Indians. Abdul Gaffar Khan fought against British that's why he is honoured, not Jinnah who helped British.

This tells all.

For Pakistan, we are not certainly Gangajal other wise British would not be able to pick some Indians and starving India using own countrymen.

If I any how seem rude then sorry.:)

I am not imposing, I think I just I have shown what we should do? Rest depends on other.

I know Ray sir a Military personnel.
May be you are not proud of him, but I am, because he was the only ace. There is no other aces in Indian Airforce (if you know the reason why he is called the only ace of Indian Air force). Talking about patriotism, hating an Indian just because he was serving in british Indian Army is not patriotism in my purview. If you are true patriot don't hate your own countrymen, even our freedom fighters never did this.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There are valid points on both sides. While one must respect a person's professionalism in his field of duty, from the political perspective, it is true that they were mere servants of the British Empire. Nobody is free of blemish, to be honest, given that the Indian Army is a descendant of the British Indian Army. The much celebrated Gukha Regiment (along with Baloch Regiment) was responsible for the Jaliwanwala-Bagh Massacre.

Let's keep this thread objective. Let's keep it limited to individual performance, and not link it to nationalism, because, neither follows from the other.
Let's remember men live in the world they were born in.

Let's remember that nattering pygmies of the present can't judge men of accomplishment and bravery in the past.

Let's remember that nobodies with no experience and little knowledge are a waste of bandwidth on DFI.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What do you have to say about Gen Thimmayya,FM Sam Maneckshaw and te likes who served the British Indian Army and then Indian Army with aplomb? #JustAsking

Waffen SS

May be you are not proud of him, but I am, because he was the only ace. There is no other aces in Indian Airforce (if you know the reason why he is called the only ace of Indian Air force).
Freedom Fighters indeed did, you seem to be a Bengali? You know how many Indian Bengali police officers were shot dead by revolutionaries? Talking

[/QUOTE]If you are true patriot don't hate your own countrymen, even our freedom fighters never did this.[/QUOTE]

You mean we have to respect Yasin Bhatkal because he is Indian?

:pound::taunt::rofl::tsk:

Yes, General Thimayya, Manekshaw also served in British indian Army, how many of us remember them for their role in WW2? what ever they did for British, is none of our business, for us we need to see how many Paki they killed.:pound::troll:

That American seems to forget what his own countrymen did to their fellow countrymen who were loyalists?

In rebel controlled areas Loyalists were subject to confiscation of property, tar and feathering or even being murdered. They could be arrested and fined for being loyal to the British, many were blackmailed, whipped, abused, threatened, and attacked by mobs of revolutionaries. So to be identified as a Loyalist was dangerous, meaning true numbers of Loyalists is not known, but an estimated 30,000 were either forced or decided to leave the thirteen colonies during the war and a further 70,000 left with the British troops when they evacuated held territory, in total about 5% of the population.
At the end of the American Revolutionary War and the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1783, the treatment of Loyalists did not improve so those wanting to evacuate were resettled in other colonies of the British Empire, most notably in the future Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, that received in total some 38,000 Loyalist refugees. Also the Canadian Eastern Townships and Upper Canada in modern-day Ontario, received altogether some 12,000 refugees.
Others who left the thirteen colonies, 8.000 went to Britain, while particularly Southern Loyalists, went to Caribbean islands, notably the Bahamas, that received 9,600, and Bermuda, Jamaica, Martinique, Dominica and St Lucia receiving approx 2,500 in total
Loyalist (American Revolution)

Persecution of the Loyalists (or Tories)

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles