The Movie Recommendation Thread

Mangal

Country flag
Have you seen The Kingdom(2007)? It isn't exactly a spy movie but about a group of soldiers investigating a bombing that has taken place on a US Army base.

Green Zone(2010)?
13 hours....real story from libya.....
Yes all are good movies. Its hard to find more movies like them. May be I should start searching movies from 80s and 90s as I may have missed few gems and haven't searched thoroughly. But the changed geo politics lessens the thrill.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well depends on interests I guess , it gives a insight into evolution ,genetic mutation etc ,
Makes you think of past time of earth when gigantic dinosaurs used to roam and that changed to today and changes that await us in future ,
Also if you check out NASA pics of Jupiter and Saturn they show these auroras ,colorful storms etc ,a constant change.
I agree though it gets boring ,a little more thrill wrt mutated animals , insects etc would have made it Great.
Well, by "nahi jami" I meant it didn't entertain me, in comparison "Interstellar" was damn entertaining and educating.

Tumbaad on the other hand was a load of crap .
Starting was scary and good but unnatural acting scenarios made it into shit ,
No mother will let her children go to a place like that and no child will go into that room like that and even after having such a traumatic experience no fucking one will ever quarrel with his mother to go back at that age after his brother died ,
And then after he grows up it's all crap.

I believe they could have made something really really scary and genuine with that starting concept .
People here were asking for horror movie while rest of the horror movies are "ghisa-pita" Tumbaad has something new I was waiting for what would happen in the climax. Btw I watch horror movies in DNKD mode. (Dimag Nikal Ke Dekho)

However it's highly personal and subjective.

Haldiram

Country flag
Well, by "nahi jami" I meant it didn't entertain me, in comparison "Interstellar" was damn entertaining and educating.

People here were asking for horror movie while rest of the horror movies are "ghisa-pita" Tumbaad has something new I was waiting for what would happen in the climax. Btw I watch horror movies in DNKD mode. (Dimag Nikal Ke Dekho)

However it's highly personal and subjective.
Dis is the real DNKD mode :

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
@aditya10r ,@SREEKAR ,@Bosch , @Mangal ,@Haldiram ,@Indx TechStyle ,@hit&run @A chauhan ,@Imaxxx ,@indiatester ,@sorcerer ,@nongaddarliberal ,@LETHALFORCE ,@Deathstar ,@mayfair ,@sthf ,@maniacguy ,@apoorv465
Guys watch Fauda season 1and 2 ,
It's an Israeli counter terrorism series I watched it long ago ,
Best watch it with English subtitles rather than some dubbing , It's good.

And if anyone hasn't watched True Detective season 1 watch it ,it starts slow but then quickly picks up.

Mind hunter is another elite level series that I liked.
Wish Bollywood can come close to the likes of True detective S1 and Mindhunter.
I started to watch True Detective - but didn't make it past two episodes. Will give it another shot.

A highly recommended movie is Lucky Number Slevin. Noir thriller. A good cast - Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Lucy Liu. The twists and turns of the plot are key to this movie. Don't read the movie summary ahead - the element of surprise will be lost. Watch it with a blank slate.

A chauhan

Country flag
If Bollywood hadn't already stolen the name, then Anurag Kashyap would have made a Hindi remake of this and called it Bheja Fry :pound:

Btw, @A chauhan there's a series on Hannibal which is very good.

@aditya10r see this one. It is horror, thriller.

Looks interesting !

30 characters ...............

A chauhan

Country flag
I get it but Quality should be there, if you are portraying a child ,then the child must act like a child not a 40 yr old tough men , a child will get scarred for life and that guy doesn't even Cry and this after his little brother died .
Similarly a mother will never leave his child alone at that place ,again that too after one is grievously injured.

The acting behaviour and portrayals are not even close to natural ,
So, I couldn't relate to it at all , it looked artificial,
But that's just me.
A little can be looked over but all of it Nah,
Folk tales always makes good movies ,cause they are mystery with horror.
Yeah, it could have been made better since the plot was good. Though it's only 2 hours but appeared like 3. And yes casting was not right :notsure:

A chauhan

Country flag
Also Ford Vs Ferrari is out, in 4D. Both the 4D theaters be far away from muh's house. I'll have to make do with 2 less D's :D

:eek1:4D ! Which one is the fourth one ?

Haldiram

Country flag
Loving it, will watch hollywood movies with this. Btw it will be fully exploited by adult movie viewers:rofl:
I've been once. It seems more gimmicky and distracting than immersive. A good storyline will get people in a state of suspended disbelief where they forget the context that they are sitting in a theater and watching a movie. That's where the magic happens. If the audience is constantly being shaken and sprayed at, they keep coming out of the immersion of the story.

The movie I saw had a snake spit on the audience's face. Fak! there's a hole in front of your seat and it sprays water phus phus phus. :shock:

Check out the BTS of Joker and how in-depth their planning was to create that immersion within 2D :

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hi guys,

I saw 3 Gujarati movies in las six months after couple of decades. I recommend you to see movie Reva and Hellaro , an award winning movie based on a true story.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
They have moving seats and spray water on your face. Ain't kiddin.

I have been to one of these 4D cinema back in 2011 in a mall in zirakpur Chandigarh....one of the best experience ever. not for the faint hearted though.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles