The Maoists are also Indians

Aayush

Maoists demands are right,their way of getting their demands is wrong

pmaitra

Yes, the Maoists are Indians. Yes, the Maoists have been subjected to extreme poverty. Yes, the Maoists have not been given a share in what is rightfully theirs. Yes, the Maoists may have a thousand reasons to be angry.
No, they do not have the right to armed revolt under the constitution. No, they don't support the Indian constitution. No, they do not want peaceful solutions to their problems.
All of the above are established facts. Does anyone disagree?
One must remember, that when a war is fought, it is fought between two competitors, not between friends, not between compatriots. Therefore I urge you Sirs, please do not call the Maoists Indians and therefore disrespect those Jawans who made the supreme sacrifice in order to uphold the supremacy of the Constitution and the Indian people who form the Constitution,
Is feudalism allowed under the constitution?

Yet, it exists in many parts of India.

Constitutional obedience is not only the responsibility of the common citizens, but also that of the government. Let all kinds of feudalism be abolished, and let the government, with all its power, implement it first, before we can expect the poor tribals to comply.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I thought the first enactment the govt of free India promulgted was Land Refroms Act that abolish Jamindari system and to a large extent brought in land reforms. If only land was the issue, why is there Naxalism in Bengal and such radical extremism in Kerala? West Bengal had tens of years Marxist Rule and land reforms are well trenched I suppose.

You people are identifying wrong reasons. Tribals problem is not solely connected to land.

pmaitra

I thought the first enactment the govt of free India promulgted was Land Refroms Act that abolish Jamindari system and to a large extent brought in land reforms. If only land was the issue, why is there Naxalism in Bengal and such radical extremism in Kerala? West Bengal had tens of years Marxist Rule and land reforms are well trenched I suppose.

You people are identifying wrong reasons. Tribals problem is not solely connected to land.
Naxalism was largely defeated by the CPI and CPI(M) in the 70s. It only resurfaced recently with generous help from Mamata Banerjee. Naxalites were a fringe group for decades, and that happened because they lost mass support, thanks to Land Reforms by the LF Government.

Land, along with resources, is the primary cause for Naxalite violence, and is the correct reason, but not the only reason.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Naxalism in West Bengal was defeated by Congress and not by CPM.

bhramos

Country flag
Naxalism was largely defeated by the CPI and CPI(M) in the 70s. It only resurfaced recently with generous help from Mamata Banerjee. Naxalites were a fringe group for decades, and that happened because they lost mass support, thanks to Land Reforms by the LF Government.

Land, along with resources, is the primary cause for Naxalite violence, and is the correct reason, but not the only reason.
Naxalism may be defeated in India long back, but not in Telangana or AP, it was always their in AP, but when it was getting killed in 2005, the all leaders just moved to Chathisgarh.. then spread to whole India, see most of the Moaists are from Andra... Kishenji, RK........

KS

Bye bye DFI
i am sorry sir, i still live in one naxal effected areas of India... but feel sad forces, they are made scapegoats by politicians.. when they live in forests for days eats roots and snakes... in fear of life, they cant trust any villagers.. they dont know is naxal and who is common man.. some times go mad and even create rampages.. and ransack the villages because they are the main source for naxal ration.. but here churches and pastors are main source of medical and money for naxals.. i have studied alot on ground in villages.. but it looks like degrading our forces.. and praising naxals, so wouldnt like to say them....
Thanks for the perspective from ground.

Regarding the funding part, I'm sure its the NGO and other missionary groups that get funding from abroad. FCRA is one of the most abused acts in India and the functioning of the NGOs registered under it - from Kudankulam protests to Naxal menace is highly anti-national.

Will the Govt wake up and crack down on these bogus missionary NGOs with vested interests before it is too late..?

pmaitra

Naxalism in West Bengal was defeated by Congress and not by CPM.
I was talking about mass support among the people. It existed all throughout, even after Siddhartha Shankar Roy of Congress managed to kill hundreds of students and intellectuals, who were involved in the movement. Congress was outsted from power in 1977, LF took office, and started implementing land reforms. Only after that Naxalite support among the masses were eliminated. While Congress government, with central help, suppressed the Naxal uprisings, there continued to be Naxal attacks.

I have searched online, but could never find any information. There was an occupation of Habra, a town in WB, and the Indian Army was called in. The Army could not enter the town for about a week, till finally it managed to break in the Naxal lines of defences, and get that town under government control.

Even during that time, there were clashes between CPI(M) and SUCI (one electoral face of the Naxals), and other fringe groups, over the same issues. The Naxals branded CPI and CPI(M) as bourgeoisie agents of the government, and fake Communists, because they were participating in the electoral process. While Congess government weakened the Naxal movement, they failed to defeat it, and also lost mass support; after which LF came to power, and removed the very cause for Naxal support. That is how Naxalism was defeated.

So, no, it wasn't Congress that defeated Naxalism. Violence can never solve such problems, and only political solution can defeat such insurgencies.

pmaitra

Naxalism may be defeated in India long back, but not in Telangana or AP, it was always their in AP, but when it was getting killed in 2005, the all leaders just moved to Chathisgarh.. then spread to whole India, see most of the Moaists are from Andra... Kishenji, RK........
Telangana communists (at that time, there was no such thing as Andhra Pradesh) were instrumental is starting a war against the secessionist State of Hyderabad. They have always had strong roots in that region, or so I hear. You can tell us more about that.

bhramos

Country flag
Telangana communists (at that time, there was no such thing as Andhra Pradesh) were instrumental is starting a war against the secessionist State of Hyderabad. They have always had strong roots in that region, or so I hear. You can tell us more about that.
first naxalism started in 40's, to first against Nizam.. but that was not called naxalism but revolution.. it finished after joining Indian Republic.. and next it started as naxalism with good goals... abolishment of Jamindhari system... and other social problems....... it started corrupting in 80's.... by 90's it became worst... in early 2000's it merged with MCC and became terrorist org.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maoists are Indian and so are the Indian Mujahideens.

Can't apply two different yardsticks, can we?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Neither is IM.

They are wanting Islamic supremacy in India.

Naxals want Communist revolution supremacy in India.

Iamanidiot

Neither is IM.

But you can cut naxalism by bringing in lot of development which will cut their recruitment.What about IM?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Is feudalism allowed under the constitution?

Yet, it exists in many parts of India.

Constitutional obedience is not only the responsibility of the common citizens, but also that of the government. Let all kinds of feudalism be abolished, and let the government, with all its power, implement it first, before we can expect the poor tribals to comply.
Therefore your point extrapolates to, it's ok to revolt against the government with arms as long as you can find a fault with it.
Say i'm offended with all the corruption going around, is it ok for me to smuggle myself an AK47 and start shooting the law at random? I must say Sir, yours is a prejudiced view.
From that point of view even the Islamic radicals are doing the right thing as they have been deprived of rule by Sharia and a full fledged Islamic state.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But you can cut naxalism by bringing in lot of development which will cut their recruitment.What about IM?
Development is not the sole answer.

It is the way of life of the tribal that is equally important.

Development, in a way, destroys that.

Christian missionaries have tried to change their ways. They accept Christianity so that they can get the best of the 'other world', but they also follow their pagan ways and beliefs and the missionaries can do damn all and they don't care since the statistic is what get money to run their missions!

Last edited:

pmaitra

Neither is IM.

Ray Sir,

Please allow me to counter your point.

IM wants Islamic supremacy in India. It is unacceptable, because that would be going against the Indian Constitution, which calls for a Secular State. So, let us carry out police or military operations against IM. Fair enough.

Maoists want Communist revolution in India. It is unacceptable, because that would be going against the Indian Constitution, which calls for a Multi-Party Parlimentary State. So, let us carry out police or military operations against the Maoists. Fair enough.

GoI wants feudalism in India, by refusing to abolish it on the ground. It is unacceptable, because that would be going against the Indian Constitution, which calls for abolition of feudalism. So, do you recommend police or military operations against GoI?

Applying the same yardsticks, just to echo your stand.

pmaitra

Therefore your point extrapolates to, it's ok to revolt against the government with arms as long as you can find a fault with it.
Say i'm offended with all the corruption going around, is it ok for me to smuggle myself an AK47 and start shooting the law at random? I must say Sir, yours is a prejudiced view.
From that point of view even the Islamic radicals are doing the right thing as they have been deprived of rule by Sharia and a full fledged Islamic state.
Is it wrong to revolt against anything that is unconstitutional?

Perhaps yes. If I and you counterfeit currency notes, we go to jail. When the government, via the RBI, does the same thing, they get scott free. Care to explain why such dichotomy?

Galaxy

Country flag
Why maoist doesn't participate in election? They have lots of funding also, Thanks to Christian missionaries as former IB chief disclosed sometime back.

If they have so much of support, Why not contest election and win as many seat as possible. There are around 100+ parliament constituencies where Maoist/Naxals have significant presence. Even if they manage to get one-third of vote share, They might win 40-50 seats and can help those tribal/rural areas.

BUT No, They want commies rules. Maoist are terrorist group and it's official. Till date, they killed thousands of personnel of armed forces/Polices. Even they tried to stop the development work. They should be killed merciless. Anyone who support such group should be booked for treason. 75% population of Bihar, UP are poor. So ? Insurgency and terrorist activity ? India is a democratic country and one need to participate to raise the voice and not some retard ideology and hide like cowards.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles