The Home of Chinese "Sweatshop Peasant workers"

badguy2000

Respected Member
CHina is world worldshop....based on millions of peasant workers ....
Many west guys ,folllowed by many Indians,labeled those CHinese peasant workers as "sweatshop workers"....

Yes. CHinese peasant workers enjoy much less social welfares than urban CHinese
although they work hard

and they usually live in poor conditions in Chinese cities.

However, why can those Chinese peasant workers still insist working hard in Chinese cities,in spite of thieir unfare treatment there?

I happened to visit one peasant friend in a rural village,100 KM away from Ganzhou city,
I hope that the trip can explain why..and can help Indian guys here learn what happens on Chinse rural area and CHinese peasants.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, the stone tablet tells you the name of the village,"Bai Tianbu(白田埠)". it is a lonely village about 100KM away from Ganzhou, the prefecture capital.

the main Roads into the village were paved,but the village seemed like a goast town...the roads were almost empty.....

Except some kids

and the old

then where is the youth?????

well, anwser is : they are work hard in CHinese cities, as peasant workers....

badguy2000

Respected Member
one old weman on the village road

some kids were playing .....

badguy2000

Respected Member
many new houses have been built in the village,with the money earned by young villagers,as "sweatshop workers" in cities.

During most time, usually in such a house live only the old and kids....And allmost all young villagers don't live here

those young villagers usually work hard as "sweatshop workers" in CHinese cities, and lived in poor domi-rooms....just in order to earn more money and make their home in the village better .

badguy2000

Respected Member
here is the house of my friend....his 4 floored house was built almost 10 years ago.so his house is not quite fashioned in the village
it has a foreyard.

badguy2000

Respected Member
here is the host, one 60 years old ordinary CHinese peasant. He has 2 sons and 5 grandkids.

"one kid policy " is not as strict with CHinese peasants as Chinese government employees ...so his elder son has two kids and his youger son has 3 kids.

well, most village couples here have 2 kids.

the grandkids of the host.

badguy2000

Respected Member
here is the orchard of the host...it is on a hill about 1 KM away from his house.
His two sons and two girls_in_law all work as "peasent workers" in CHinese cities.....So,the orchard is manged by the host and his wife....
they growed many navel orange,grapefruts and radishs here.

the host tells me that the orchard outputed 30 Ton navel oranges last year,with a unit price of 1RMB(7 Rupees)/KG.
those navel oranges were all pre-ordered by a local fruit company,with a unit price of 1RMB(7 Rupees)/KG.

He also complained that the unit price would be 2-3 RMB(7-21 rupees)/KG,if he could sell the navel orange directly to market.....

badguy2000

Respected Member
some villagers' house
well, with only the old and kids left here, the villages,just like many other ordinay Chinese villlages, are fading away .

When the old die and the kids leave for cities, the village might become a "ghost town"....

parijataka

Country flag
@Badyguy2000, Chinese people are very hard working - hard work never goes waste! Thanks for the nice pictures.

badguy2000

Respected Member
is the village destined to be a goast village like this? can it be saved from the tide of urbanization?

I don't know the anwer....but I hope my son will see the answer...he is now 1 month old and much fatter than he was born...

badguy2000

Respected Member
BTW, the village home and farmlands in villages are the ultimate insurance of millions of Chinese peasant workers.....

When they were to lose their jobs in cities, they would not be homeless with their home in villages,and would never become street-beggar with their food in their farmland and orchards.

That is why China can be soo stable and why China will never collapse as some guys like Mr. Armand wished.

As long as CHinese peasants,about 50+% of 1.4 billion Chinese, have their village home and villlage farmland/orchard as their ultimate insurance, CHina would never "collapse"!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles