The great game: Myanmar bombed China

Khagesh

Just imagine the huge INFERIORITY the Chinese suffer from wherein they hate being what they are, i.e. Han and want to ape the West to appear 'modern' and ACCEPTABLE!

What a mentality!

They hate themselves for what they are and want to shed their skin as snakes do and then talk about others! :shocked:
@nimo_cn shows the same mentality of trying her level best to be something else by trying to do down others when she is but full of the Chinese mentality of being ashamed as to what she is.
@nimo_cn is a woman!? Did not know that.

Bet she is nothing like the avatar chosen by her. And most likely @nimo_cn chose that avatar only because the model looks a bit like westerners. :rofl:

But then, never having visited china, my guess is that this need to be "the perfect girlfriend who knows when to be refined and when to get wild" is pretty universal for Asians with imported mannerisms. We have our own Kala angrez or coconuts who can never look beyond ToIlet paper and South Koreans have their own Gangnam lifestyle and the Japanese were the real 'honorary whites'. The Chinese are learning faster then even the accomplished converts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@nimo_cn is a woman!? Did not know that.

Bet she is nothing like the avatar chosen by her. And most likely @nimo_cn chose that avatar only because the model looks a bit like westerners. :rofl:

But then, never having visited china, my guess is that this need to be "the perfect girlfriend who knows when to be refined and when to get wild" is pretty universal for Asians with imported mannerisms. We have our own Kala angrez or coconuts who can never look beyond ToIlet paper and South Koreans have their own Gangnam lifestyle and the Japanese were the real 'honorary whites'. The Chinese are learning faster then even the accomplished converts.
In China there are quite a few Sheng nu (剩女) or 'leftover' women.

A rapidly growing trend in premarital sex has been commonly surveyed and noted amongst women in China.

In 1989, 15% of Chinese women engaged in premarital sex against 2013 where between 60-70% had done so.

Chinese Academy of Social Sciences professor Li states that this shows an increase in the types of relationships amongst new generations in China.

It is said that @nimo_cn is the leader of the Pack on this Forum.

I am not sure about her avatar, but I believe she sported the avatar of the Chinese film star Zhang Ziyi, who had been paid for sex with disgraced Communist Party strongman Bo Xilai.

But then in China if one falls from grace, all sorts of slurs are bandied to prove that the Communist Party is ever so vigilant and morals protector and all that nonsense they love to use to fool the people about their real motives.

Khagesh

Now that last line is nothing but cruel.

Birg. sahab suggest you retract that :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Now that last line is nothing but cruel.

Birg. sahab suggest you retract that :rofl:

But that is the truth.

People are allowed to exactly what they want to do, till they pose a threat to the Leader.

Bo is one example and so is the Dreaded Security Chief Zhou Yongkang who is disgraced and a whole lot of sleazy accusation is being put forth so prove that he is the Devil.

If he is a Devil, then how come this late discovery?

It is because he was proving to be a threat to Xi Jumping.

But then, never having visited china,
@Khagesh

I would recommend that you MUST visit China.

It is a varied land with all type of landscapes and the rural areas are beautiful.

The common Chinese are very friendly, though you would require an interpreter. And always remember BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU. So, be careful with your opinion. And the Chinese are a very proud people and rather delusional too. Avoid criticism.

And the food?

It is not like Indian Chinese. It is mostly bland except the Sichuan food. The North is wheat based and the South is rice based. The Southern Chinese are sharper and more lively. The Northerners usually just grunt.

Swine is their staple.

If you are a vegetarian, then God Help You. The Sad part is that God is banned in China. They have monitored and controlled God and that God is of no use to man, beast, Chinese or foreigner.

But it is a beautiful country and there is so much to learn.

A Must see is the Xuzhou Museum of Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses of Han Dynasty.

Man, it is a great education.

amoy

Suu Kyi to make her first visit to China

Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is to lead a delegation to China for the first time next week.

The visit comes amid strained ties between the two neighbors over conflicts near their border and months ahead of a general election in Myanmar.

Observers said the trip underlines the changes in both countries' policies, with Beijing engaging in exchanges with various sectors other than just the government, and the party headed by Suu Kyi expected to continue reaching out to Beijing if it wins the election.

President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang will meet Suu Kyi, who heads Myanmar's National League for Democracy, during the trip from June 10 to 14, Nyan Win, the party's secretary and spokesman, told Reuters.

On Friday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei hailed exchanges between China and various parties in Myanmar, saying he hoped such communication can be strengthened.

Fan Hongwei, an expert on Southeast Asian studies at Xiamen University, said stability in Myanmar and Chinese investment would be high on the agenda for Suu Kyi's visit.

Relations between the two countries were strained in March when a bomb dropped by a Myanmar warplane killed four people and injured nine others in Lincang, Yunnan province. Myanmar later apologized.

Xu Liping, an expert on Southeast Asian affairs at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said that after some setbacks, Beijing is "seeking an environment" for its investment in Myanmar.

Myanmar's reformist government has sought to reduce its heavy dependence on China since taking office in 2011 and has suspended a multibillion-dollar Chinese-led dam project. Ties have warmed recently, and both governments also signed more than a dozen cooperation deals last year.

Xu said whether Suu Kyi's party wins the November election or not, she has an undoubted influence on the country.

"China doesn't take sides in Myanmar's political struggle, but extends exchanges to it. The message from Suu Kyi to the world is that her party, if elected, will sustain traditional ties and upgrade cooperation with China."

A Chinese Malaysian starred in《The Lady》.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I hope the lady inspires a few in China to breath democracy

amoy

maybe Egypt or Mali can be considered as an epitome of democracy.[emoji3]

with a %% adult illiteracy rate and %% living in ultra poverty, how will a democracy take root in a 3rd country? can anyone tell how an empty stomach or an illiterate is really able to be included in the luxury of democracy?

I refer to Myanmar not India [emoji23]

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
maybe Egypt or Mali can be considered as an epitome of democracy.[emoji3]

with a %% adult illiteracy rate and %% living in ultra poverty, how will a democracy take root in a 3rd country? can anyone tell how an empty stomach or an illiterate is really able to be included in the luxury of democracy?

I refer to Myanmar not India [emoji23]

You are equating democracy with economic standards and educational standards and not understanding it as a method of governance which necessarily is not based on economy or education system. It is based on culture and practice of governance which had been prevalent in India since ages.

Rural India was never ever penetrated by any Mogul or British system except for collection of taxes. People had self governing bodies who used to regulate all other affairs of the society. That democratic culture is still intact.

China has no such culture. China always strived for and thrived on Centralised autocratic system which percolated down to rural areas. There was nothing like rural autonomy in China.

amoy

You are equating democracy with economic standards and educational standards and not understanding it as a method of governance which necessarily is not based on economy or education system. It is based on culture and practice of governance which had been prevalent in India since ages.
as if u were able to single out "governance method" or "democratic culture" from educational and economic backgrounds that they're deeply rooted in n integrated with, like defying gravity.

last time I heard such a serious story in an African democracy voters, mostly illiterate, cast their their votes by beans of different colors, such as saffron for Modi, green for abc.

I'm all for democracy but India since ages …[emoji1]

G90

I dont think Chinese want to be white or something, female Chinese just want to looks lighter, which is happened to be a univerisal standard of beauty.

In ancient China, people do like lighter-skinned female, it is by no means look caucasian or something, just because some species of caucasians get this feature dont make they hold this patent, lol.

White rats is whiter, does that mean people who use whiten stuff want to look like a white rat? Get the logic?

But to be honest, most Chinese do like whiter skin tune, and think most indians are way too dark skinned, but in the end, China's media stars/movie stars are not much whiter than your average Chinese, but you cannot say the same for the indians and their media stars, who looks like from two different species.

Anyway, different Human races have different postive traits, so I and most Chinese can live with the fact that some Cauasians have whiter skin tune comparing to Chinese and admit this very openly, since we get our strong traits as well,

I am not sure I can say the same for some people here, judging by obvious inconsistence bewteen (1) and (2):
(1)skin-tune gap between their movie stars and their average joes
(2)their so-called "pride" actions, claiming they are not like Chinese who try to look white, because some Chinese use whiten stuff or whiter than indians naturally.

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag
Beauty standards change with times. White skin had high premium in last 100 years because caucasians were rich and educated. They promoted beauty criteria which were similar to their look.
Now, other skin colors are getting more attention and white skins premium is gradually declining..at least in USA.
ITs human nature to imitate what we like. Look, Jesus was born in Philistine and had brown skin and black/brown eyes BUT Caucasians changed his look..they made him look like someone with white skin and blue eyes.
Gautam, the Buddha was born in Nepal and lived in India..He had muscular body with big eyes. BUT, Oriental cultures liked him so much that they changed him to laughing, potbellied man with slanting, narrow eyes.
I can tell you that there are many white women who don't like their white skin with freckels which get wrinkly by age 30 and is very prone to have skin cancer. It all depends...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Beauty standards change with times. White skin had high premium in last 100 years ................

I can tell you that there are many white women who don't like their white skin with freckels which get wrinkly by age 30 and is very prone to have skin cancer. It all depends...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
youre right the new look nowadays ( since some time ) uus not a "pure " white like the english, but rather a light brownish like Floridans and Texans in the usa

......... different Human races have different postive traits, so I and most Chinese can live with the fact that some Cauasians have whiter skin tune comparing to Chinese and admit this very openly, since we get our strong traits as well, .................
the new look in the usa is not so white as european but rather suntanned like

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Rural India was never ever penetrated by any Mogul or British system except for collection of taxes. People had self governing bodies who used to regulate all other affairs of the society. That democratic culture is still intact.

China has no such culture. China always strived for and thrived on Centralised autocratic system which percolated down to rural areas. There was nothing like rural autonomy in China.
Oh! That you would not understand democracy is obvious. The well fed slaves and well trained gladiators of ancient Greek civilisation did not exercise choices and they did not make democracy. It was the nobles who made their choices by the colour of beans or whatever.

Democracy is a matter of exercise of free choice by people whether they make that by the colour of beans, by debate, by considerations of caste, colour of skin or by loves of bread is another things. Chinese do not and can not enjoy such luxuries. They have only bread with them and not their minds.

G90

Beauty standards change with times. White skin had high premium in last 100 years because caucasians were rich and educated. They promoted beauty criteria which were similar to their look.
Now, other skin colors are getting more attention and white skins premium is gradually declining..at least in USA.
ITs human nature to imitate what we like. Look, Jesus was born in Philistine and had brown skin and black/brown eyes BUT Caucasians changed his look..they made him look like someone with white skin and blue eyes.
Gautam, the Buddha was born in Nepal and lived in India..He had muscular body with big eyes. BUT, Oriental cultures liked him so much that they changed him to laughing, potbellied man with slanting, narrow eyes.
Well, sure beauty standard changes, but for skin tune, I think at least for Chinese, or east asians in general,the standard of prefer lighter skin tune over darker one is a standard holded at least as long as the documented history.

As early as 3000 years ago, in Chinese famous "Shijing", there are describation of beauty of a person, called "face looks like Jade", but at the same time, they do describe some cauasians there back then as hairy and animal-like.

So you get my point: beauty standard can changes but the perference of lighter skin tune dont change as often.

Not caucasian looks, but the lighter skin tune, which some sub-species of caucasians happened to have, is quite a persistenting feature of beauty for Chinese (its arguable this is true for most of the rest human races as well, I know there are exceptions, for instance I heard in general the Englanders dont like Irish's skin tune, which arguable the whitest among caucasians) since the earliest documented history.

So we can put the political correctness crap (In China we dont even have political-correctness stuff anyway) aside and admit the fact for a while, lol.

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag
Just the color of skin is not the only factor when a person is evaluated as "physically pretty". The shape and type of face, esp. eyes ...overall shine or glow, lack of wrinkles or other unsightly marks, amount and type of hairs on skin ...all these factors cumulatively amount to the sense of beauty in a person. In USA, we see so many very attractive women who do not have caucasian white skin...BUT, olive, pale, light yellowish tone, even coppery color , with smooth texture are considered very beautiful.
Also, when it comes to beauty, emotional and mental beauty takes us to another powerful dimension.
A cruel, evil, severe personality disorder woman may have snow white skin BUT quickly starts looking very very ugly after a few days or months of relationship. A less physically attractive BUT sweet , nice and loving woman starts to look more and more beautiful as times passes.
Beauty has many dimensions which include physical, mental, emotional, maturity and wisdom ,outlook for life etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles